(Topic ID: 274593)

Funhouse Restore: Which Lighting Option?

By Pinball_Eddie

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Lighting Option for Funhouse?”

• All Incandescents Except Backbox - Home Use Only, Damage Not an Issue 5 votes
    25%
  • GI Incandescents for PF, LED Everywhere Else (Either Non-Ghosting or Reg w\ LED OCD) 4 votes
    20%
  • All LED 11 votes
    55%

(20 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

100% LEDs. HOWEVER. I would recommend leaving the flashers as incandecent. The first non-kit LED conversion kit I ever did was a Jurassic Park. All natural light 2 SMD LEDs from Comet (looked great!). I also added 8 SMD flashers. That... was a mistake. I have never come as close to having a seizure as I had the first time those flashers went off. Like... I'm talking blind spots for seconds. If you do LED flashers and go too bright, you can always block out some of the SMDs with electrical tape.

use 5smd flashers.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks everyone for all the feedback.
After reviewing all the instructions for the OCD boards, both GI AND LED, it seems like something right up my alley as I like to customize everything when it comes to computers and technology. I’ll also be getting a Pinsound board for the same reason as well as my Sample machine doesn’t use a WPC audio board so I am unable to use the latest L9 rom and current sound so this way I won’t alter any boards and can easily convert it back to original if I ever need to. I will have to do the jumper mod but that’s easily reversible.
Ok, so going the LED route, I got some samples from Comet, their retro line and their warm is very close to the incandescent look but I am leaning towards the faceted 2 smd bulbs for above PF GI. They are A LOT brighter but with the OCD boards, I can make them as bright or as dim as possible. I’m not sure what to use on the inserts so any advice would be great.
Lastly, the only incandescents I am still on the fence of continuing to use are the backbox 455 flashers as they are more random than any other LED’s I’ve tried but it was a while ago so they could be better now.
Regarding 906 flashers, I’ve seen a lot of advice to actually use incandescents due to the harsh brightness of the LED ones, so not sure about those.
Thanks again everyone for the help and feedback. I’m a good ways away as I’m getting close to priming, painting and decaling the cab and won’t have my Kruzman playfield until earliest September.
Stay safe everyone.

Put all leds.
455 led blinkers
5smd flashers for the #906 bulbs
8smd for any #89 bulbs

Use 2smd frosted sunlight throughout. In all cases.

Cool white for flashers.

It works really well.

Ledocd and giocd is a life changer.

(Yes its cocktail hour...)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-restore-which-lighting-option?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.