FH304.jpg
FH301.jpg
FH302.jpg
FH303.jpg
FH300.jpg
FH200.jpg
FH101.jpg
FH100.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

I put a couple of new LED's in mine today!

Really though, a very nice job and well done!

I would like to do some touch up on my cabinet. What's the Lowe's formula that most use?

#52 8 years ago

Great job on the game. I plan to start my funhouse restoration this winter. If you don't mind could you please post your paint codes here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paint-codes-and-color-matching-any all-machines

#53 8 years ago

Here's the website with some common colors:
http://pinballpal.com/colors/

Quoted from dontfeed:

What's the Lowe's formula that most use?

This is the one most settle on (there is a typo in the formula on the pinballpal.com site)
Colorants: 102-2Y 15.5 113-5 115-26.5
The one I used had two more 'shots' of blue for a slightly darker tint.
Lowes: 102-4Y 15.5 113-5 115-26.5

Although, the paint formula written this way seems to confuse them (the smart ones figure it out).
A better way for the Lowe's folks to look at it would be:
Color Code = Amount
102 = 2Y + 15.5
113 = 5
115 = 26.5

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Ordered 30 of these cherry switches and had just a couple leftover.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=830
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=173
Can't recall how many other switches were needed, but not many, less than 3 or 4 total.

Thanks for this! Now if only I knew how to transfer the actuators over to the new switches...

#55 8 years ago

Question, where did you get the braided and other cable housing. That looks tits and really cleans up things nicely - on the transformer, just plain sharp. +1 on the question about actuators and worrying about bending them.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

This is the one most settle on (there is a typo in the formula on the pinballpal.com site)
Lowes: 102-4Y 15.5 133-5 115-26.5
Although, the paint formula written this way seems to confuse them (the smart ones figure it out).
Color Code = Amount
102 = 15.5 + 2Y
133 = 5
115 = 26.5

Thanks!

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Lowes: 102-4Y 15.5 133-5 115-26.5
Color Code = Amount
102 = 15.5 + 2Y
133 = 5
115 = 26.5

I'll add this to the funhouse club
-mof

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for this! Now if only I knew how to transfer the actuators over to the new switches...

Take a jewelers flathead screwdriver, wedge it between the flap where the actuator snaps onto the micro switch and pop it off. It's super easy. Just snap the actuator onto the new switch.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Question, where did you get the braided and other cable housing.

Picked them up from the local fry's electronics, but any online PC/computer parts site like newegg should have it too.

#60 8 years ago

Great restore. I am curious since you went so far with this why no blue display?

#61 8 years ago

Wow. That's all I've got, had to comment instead of just read the thread in awe.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I am curious since you went so far with this why no blue display?

No particular reason, had a current display that worked well and the orange doesn't bother me at all.

#63 8 years ago

thanks for taking the time to share this with us. dood, i think i just filled the cup

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

No particular reason, had a current display that worked well and the orange doesn't bother me at all.

Good enough reason. This is a beautiful restore job! The chrome really looks killer on Funhouse.

#65 8 years ago

Holy cow! Best way to honor a game is to rebuild it from scratch. Pizza Hut should have used yours in their commercial. Absolutely perfect.

#66 8 years ago

Beautiful job on a classic pin. I wish I had your skill and patience.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Blue and orange are color complements. And contrast is good. It is only bad as an overused palette in movies currently. http://priceonomics.com/why-every-movie-looks-sort-of-orange-and-blue/

#68 8 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Very impressive work.

#69 8 years ago

Sweet jeebus, that looks spectactular!!! Well done!

#70 8 years ago

Brilliant job! Can I ask why you didn't upgrade the flipper mechs to the newer WPC style without the plunger style return spring?

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Brilliant job! Can I ask why you didn't upgrade the flipper mechs to the newer WPC style without the plunger style return spring?

Thanks again all, didn't expect this thread to still have legs 2 weeks later. I know the painted bottom and chrome wasn't going to please everyone, actually expected a few more "just not for me" type of posts. Not that people weren't thinking it, just were respectful enough to not chime in. For the flipper mechs, it just came down parts on hand and thinking the original style isn't that bad. I know others prefer the new version, but I don't feel a huge difference and it works for me.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

I know the painted bottom and chrome wasn't going to please everyone, actually expected a few more "just not for me" type of posts. Not that people weren't thinking it, just were respectful enough to not chime in.

Or maybe it just looks awesome and no one had anything bad to say about it!

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or maybe it just looks awesome and no one had anything bad to say about it!

Agreed. The mustard isn't my style, but the game still looks awesome. This game just looks damn good with chrome!

#74 8 years ago

You should stop worrying about my EATPM playfield and just take the whole thing. Then when you finish you can play it before I get it back.

#75 8 years ago

HOLY SH*T!!!! Aurich just told me about this thread. INCREDIBLE!

10 months later
#76 8 years ago

this is really unbelievable, its amazing! i love the hot rod approach you took to these machines. AAA

2 years later
#77 6 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Lowes: 102-4Y 15.5 113-5 115-26.5
Color Code = Amount
102 = 2Y + 15.5
113 = 5
115 = 26.5

Is this the code for the cabinet blue?

#78 6 years ago

Now that's a bump.....and yes, that's the paint code.
The Lowe's stuff is a great match, just bring this in:

Valspar Signature
Interior Semi-Gloss Base C (<-- don't forget the Base C)
102 = 2Y + 15.5
113 = 5
115 = 26.5

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Now that's a bump.....and yes, that's the paint code.
The Lowe's stuff is a great match, just bring this in:
Valspar Signature
Interior Semi-Gloss Base C (<-- don't forget the Base C)
102 = 2Y + 15.5
113 = 5
115 = 26.5

Great help! Thanks!

Does it matter what size can I get?

#80 6 years ago

Depends on a few things, but a gallon should cover it.
If your doing the complete sides and bottom, might need an extra quart.

#81 6 years ago

wow. This thread makes me fear what my OCD is capable of. fabulous work!

#82 6 years ago

Since this thread popped back up... did you have to add anything to the paint to get it to spray? (To thin it) In the middle of my restore and this is coming up

#83 6 years ago

Yes, you'll definitely want to thin the Valspar paint with some water or your gun will sputter more than spray.
Seeing this thread again makes me realize how terrible my phone/camera was a couple years ago.
I think the Whitewater project finished recently turned out a little nicer than this FH:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-restoration

1 month later
#84 5 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Yes, you'll definitely want to thin the Valspar paint with some water or your gun will sputter more than spray.
Seeing this thread again makes me realize how terrible my phone/camera was a couple years ago.
I think the Whitewater project finished recently turned out a little nicer than this FH:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-restoration

I add blue windshield washer solvent at 20% as opposed to water when spraying latex with an HVLP. It sprays like a dream, Doesn’t change color. And evaporates super quick.

I have even sprayed bright white paint with this method and it’s worked perfectly

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

I add blue windshield washer solvent at 20% as opposed to water when spraying latex with an HVLP. It sprays like a dream, Doesn’t change color. And evaporates super quick.
I have even sprayed bright white paint with this method and it’s worked perfectly

Ditto, an old timer gave me the tip and I couldn't have been happier with the results in any color.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Not to hijack, but any chance you guys could link to a suitable product? or just any concentrated windshield fluid? Gonna be attempting this in a few weeks.

1 week later
#87 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Not to hijack, but any chance you guys could link to a suitable product? or just any concentrated windshield fluid? Gonna be attempting this in a few weeks.

just your plain old $0.99 blue windshield washer fluid... i couldn't believe it. You should practice on scrap wood first and always strain your paint through a filter after mixing and before putting into your HVLP.

1 year later
#88 4 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Admittedly, the transformer might have been a little overboard...but what the hell, it looks sharp.
[quoted image]

Looks amazing. Could you explain the lacquer removal and painting process please?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-restore-chrome-and-mustard/page/2?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.