Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0291.JPG
2012-05-14_10-59-38_672.jpg
6_13_287.JPG
6_13_286.JPG
6_13_278.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have come across a Funhouse that I viewed today. The cabinet is in very good condition and original with only a little fade, some of the paint on the back box is peeling a little. There was a bar added to cover the coinbox that is still there. It is VERY dirty but I can clean! The playfield has a little wear on a couple spots but it is minor and not very visible at all. There is mylar that is coming up badly in quite a few areas, it will need to be removed. The mylar does not seem to have pulled up any paint that I could see. Quite a few of the PF inserts have popped up so they will need to be knocked down.

Plastics are all in good order and it even comes with a few extra original extra plastics bits. The electronics and display seem fine and look good. Rudy's eyes are not working but the mouth is. A few other mechanical things need attention. Nothing that worrying there.

My main concerns are the mylar and inserts but it seems like they can be fixed without too much difficulty. The machine has had very light use for quite a while now sitting in a dark room but it is quite dirty.

Any thoughts on it and what sort of price looks fair? I plan to do the clean up and repair myself. I have never removed mylar before or pushed inserts back but think I can manage OK.

#4 10 years ago

I did not pull the boards to check the backs of them but they looked fine and most things work. It is playable. I know a new PF is an option but I would have a go at it first as it does look quite good except for the mylar. We have been talking about a price (less than 2) but I am curious about what others think.

#18 10 years ago

I am going to go look at it again just to make real sure about the mylar. Been reading up on it and I think if I take my time I can get it off OK. It will help that it is not sticking to the PF well, I suspect the PF may have been a bit dirty when it was applied. The whole central portion around the clock is coming up already. I may be able to leave the rest. Electronics, plastics and cabinet are good to excellent. I am now thinking worse case I could buy a new PF.

Also, on price I am not actually in California (used to live there but overseas now), I don't want to say where I am as I am trying to avoid competition. Right now we are talking about 1500 US but he has not confirmed yet. Best case I can get it looking and playing very good for less than 2k worse case might get up to 3500 but it certainly seems worth it.

I like the idea of the powder coat blue legs!

#22 10 years ago

Good pics. I like the legs. Assuming I do get this mine will be going right next to my TZ. They look good together!

#24 10 years ago

yzfguy that is what I like to hear! That is what I am hoping to do great to hear you have already done it!

#26 10 years ago

The one I am looking at sounds like yours. Glad to see it came out OK. I am less worried now and just hoping the whole deal goes though... How did you get the inserts back down? Been reading up and I have been favoring the c clamp and hard wood approach.

#28 10 years ago

Well he agreed to my offer (about US 1500) so all is good! I have not looked at it again so am going to have to rely on my first assessment. Worst case I get a new PF but it really was in quite good condition apart from the mylar around the clock which seems fairly common and fixable. I will just take it slow. He is delivering it on Sunday (nice guy!). I am really looking forward to the project! This will be my biggest restore yet.

#33 10 years ago

Got it home today. The more I thought about it the more worried I got about the condition it kept seeming worse and worse as I waited to get it... Turned out it was quite good as I initially thought. I stripped the PF and did an initial clean. I got the mylar off fairly easily with almost no paint coming with it just a little black which is easily touched up. Getting the glue off is slow going though... I ordered a new ramp but that was not much. I will put up some pictures of before and after with the mylar later on.

1 week later
#35 10 years ago

I have it all cleaned up now. The glue took a while. Some wear on the PF but really not all that bad the worst of it is not very visible. I got the inserts back down. I thought about a new PF but for now am going to hold off. I am not sure I want to put that much cash into it. I have everything working, just had to replace a solenoid, some lights, and one ramp. Still waiting for the parts but they will hopefully be here soon. Here is a before of the PF. The dirt here is how the whole thing looked.

DSC_0291.JPGDSC_0291.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-price-check-1?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.