3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by cabuford
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

I have PinSound shakers in both my Getaway and my Jurassic Park. When I first got into pinball I played at a neighbor's and he had a shaker in one of his pins. After playing, I thought to myself that I'd never want a game with a shaker in it. Now that I have shakers in each of my three games, I vow to never own a game that doesn't have a shaker in it.

PinSound shakers are simple to install with a PinSound board, and are incredibly simple to program if a "shakerization" doesn't yet exist for a particular title. I've done several shaker routines both for games I own and as commissioned projects from other Pinsiders.

So, while I can't speak to Funhouse specifically, I say 100% go for it. BTW, if you don't know how the PinSound shakers work, you can assign a shaker event to any sound file (SFX, Music, Voice, etc.) which makes it very flexible. Also, there are 9 different preconfigured shaker events plus you can have 3 custom ones in a given shaker routine. Basically, each event has a starting intensity, a duration, and an ending intensity. So, you can do quick medium shakes, long stronger shakes, shakes that ramp up in intensity, shakes that ramp down in intensity, and so on.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks everyone for the input and that’s great news about the amazing and detailed customization, I look forward to spending countless hours playing around with it.
I was pretty much sold on it from the beginning but just wanted to see if anyone had any issues or if it wasn’t as good with Funhouse.
Mr_Tantrum, I’ve went through your Pinsound thread and it was REALLY helpful. I put shakers in my other two machines (MMR and Metallica Pro) and agree, at first you don’t think it will make THAT much of a difference but I wouldn’t want to play them now without.
The Pinsound software looks so neat and is easy to navigate, although I still need to play with it as I tried raising the gain on my Voices as it was set to I think 4 and I wanted it higher so I raised it and saved the file but every time I reopen the saved file it still has the Voice gain back to 4. I don’t have the Pinsound board yet so I know there will be a specific config file that is created initially that I can further tweak. I already created a test sound package for Funhouse and it was very easy to do. I eventually want to get a Getaway and boy there are A Lot if profiles, mainly thanks to you

Thanks for the complements. I would say it takes a lot of thought and a multitude of hours to develop a nice PinSound orchestration. However, to make a shaker routine it literally can be done in 10 minutes or less (the PinSound Studio Pro software is well designed for this). However, you will find yourself making tweaks, changes, etc. Play a little, change a little. I would say the total time investment to make a very good PinSound shaker routine is probably 2-3 hours, and much of that is just the back and forth from your computer and pin as you notice changes you want to make during test games. Also, I highly recommend taking advantage of the 3 available custom shaker events. I've used them in a variety of applications for my games. For Getaway, I created a custom engine rev event where the shaker ramps up to 100% over a period of time. I also did the reverse to go with a hard braking sound event.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-pinsound-shaker?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.