New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 60024)

Funhouse Pinball Topper installed

By izzy

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lonzo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rudy eyes.jpg
front_area.jpg
pinball_alleysm.jpg
masks.jpg
80_s_horrow_show.jpg
FH_topper.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Finished my topper. Just need to wire it into the game and program it. Probably tie it into the steps, since there is a pause in game play. Found an inexpensive timer, switch activated unitr. didn't need all that PIG2 will do.

FH_topper.jpg

#2 7 years ago

got an error trying to watch the video

#3 7 years ago

Works for me with Firefox & Safari. Anybody else seeing it?

#4 7 years ago

working now. Maybe it wasn't full uploaded? looks good! I still find ruddy's head/face creepy

#5 7 years ago

Creepy and awesome!!!

#6 7 years ago

Video works for me (Safari). Creepy!

#7 7 years ago

Apparently it doesn't creep me out. You can see a few of the 800 halloween masks I have in the background. So I'm used to odd.

#8 7 years ago

Not.....creepy.....at....all. This will haunt my dreams for a while....

I like how, in the picture, the Rudy on the right looks like he has devil horns. Seems about right.

Probably should've gone with some red LED's in their eyes and PIG2'd them to when he gets hit or something!

I do really like the adapted side art as a topper, even by itself!

#9 7 years ago

Can you post a few pics of your mask collection?? Looks cool!!

#10 7 years ago

Nightmare fuel!

You know what would freak me out even more? Is if occasionally, one of the heads would stop moving and stare at the player for a few beats. Then resume.

#11 7 years ago

Its hilarious and awesome. Nicely done. I do see the creepy though, but still awesome.

#12 7 years ago

maybe led's in the eyes in the future. trying to get stuff done before an upcoming back surgery. I'll upload photos of the masks and tear down views of the topper next week.

#13 7 years ago

Simultaneously awesome and creepy at the same time!
Btw- love the masks on the wall--very cool!

#14 7 years ago

Holy cr*p Batman, that is awesome. Never turn on the game when you are home alone.

#15 7 years ago

Wow, that is creepy enough that my wife would never go into the pinball room again!

Very cool mod though. I like the lower part too with Rudy looking over the game.

#16 7 years ago

I'm telling ya'll, this game with this topper needed to be on this television show without question.

80_s_horrow_show.jpg

#17 7 years ago

It's odd but cool. Nice.

I'd rather see someone watch the movie "freaks" the old b&w carnival movie and do a topper with some odd artifacts from that. Or from "Something wicked this way comes".

#18 7 years ago

As requested, shot of more masks etc.

masks.jpg pinball_alleysm.jpg front_area.jpg

#19 7 years ago

Nice topper!! Super cool.

It's not creepy as sh!t either.

#20 7 years ago

Very Cool Topper!
and nice mask collection, have you tried a few black lights to make the fluorescent colored masks really pop...

#21 7 years ago

Wow man, that is awesome, and the room itself is mind boggling.

#22 7 years ago

has to qualify as one of if not the best! great job!

#23 7 years ago

That's crazy!! But I want it for my FH.. Lol

#24 7 years ago

I definitely dig your Gun Fight

#25 7 years ago

Wickedcool!

#26 7 years ago

Hahaa, nicely done! Now that is one unique topper for sure. Thanks for posting the pics and video for us.

#27 7 years ago

thanks for all the replies. i consider myself fortunate to have my games at work. self employment has a few perks.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

As requested, shot of more masks etc.

Can you tell me what that game is the two player facing shorting game I've been looking all over for the name of this game I've searched all over so cool saw it a year ago thanks? Like the lost in space robot too a local shop near me got one of those recently.

#29 7 years ago

the Sega Gun Fight? A friend of mine the "Robot" and R2D2.

#30 7 years ago

OMG My mouth LITERALLY dropped when I saw that room. And hung open for ten seconds.

That is one amazing room and collection.

#31 7 years ago

I saw that topper and thought - "mama, hold me, I'm very scared"

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

the Sega Gun Fight? A friend of mine the "Robot" and R2D2.

Yes thanks that game is so cool I need to find one!

#34 7 years ago

I meant to say "a friend of mine built the robots". Hard to get work done with all the toys around. That said, work is slow, so I get to work on and play games. I have an additional open space (525 sq ft) for doing my commercial photography and it can mostly clear out for working on games. Currently repairing 2 games and doing a full restoration on another (including cabinet repaint). I work on and collect mostly EM's.

5 months later
#35 6 years ago

Just to make it creepier I added LED's to the center Rudy's eyes. At some point a friend is going to a custom zombie(?) paint job on him.

rudy eyes.jpg
#36 6 years ago

Izzy
That looks good, it will put the creeps on them.
Richard

#37 6 years ago

That's awesome. I like it.

#38 6 years ago

That's cool. I am gonna have to do something like that on mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside