Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0819_(resized).JPG
ramp_photo_(resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

After retrieving my FH from a museum loan yesterday, I noticed that the main ramp switch "Open Trap Door When Flashing" wasn't working. It's because the gate assembly itself was sort of floating above the ramp and no longer in contact with the microswitch.

On the right hand side of the gate assembly is a machine screw that is supposed to go through a hole in the ramp (mine's broken) and into presumably some sort of playfield post/standoff. That post/standoff (or whatever is supposed to be there) is missing, and I can't find anything in the cabinet itself. There's a hole in the playfield where it's supposed to go.

Could someone with a FH be so kind as to photograph that area for me and let me know (via part #(s) or photo(s)) as to what part(s) are missing for that gate assembly screw to fasten into, and whether it's a single post or something else fastens it to the playfield? It looks like the screw opposite has a round metal post that the screw fastens into, but I cannot find the part # if it's the same.

I've circled the machine screw in question on the ipdb stock photo.

Thanks a mil, Evan

ramp_photo_(resized).PNGramp_photo_(resized).PNG

#3 7 years ago

It should be screwed into the ramp. Maybe you can come up with a post that will make it a bit more solid.

IMG_0819_(resized).JPGIMG_0819_(resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

Well crap, I'm screwed. I'm not sure why mine has a post on the left side, and a hole in the playfield for such a post on the right side. Bottom line is my ramp is broken on the right front end, so there's nothing for that screw to go into.

I need a new main ramp assembly apparently, and that looks to be unobtanium in the USA. Anyone can help?

#5 7 years ago

That right side hole was not populated from the factory. Cliffy's ramp protector set (http://www.passionforpinball.com/FH-Protectors.htm) includes a standoff that mounts to that hole and supports the right side of the ramp; there's a very good picture showing the installed protector on Cliff's Web site.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

That right side hole was not populated from the factory. Cliffy's ramp protector set (http://www.passionforpinball.com/FH-Protectors.htm) includes a standoff that mounts to that hole and supports the right side of the ramp; there's a very good picture showing the installed protector on Cliff's Web site.

Thank you! This should (temporarily) resolve the problem. Ideally I'd like to secure a new ramp and *then* Cliffy it, but I sincerely appreciate you pointing me toward a solution that should have been obvious to me to begin with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 22.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-parts-identification-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.