(Topic ID: 229020)

Funhouse Owners: Weird Problem with Multi-Ball

By smileymatthew

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Having an odd issue that popped up - wondering if anyone has ever seen this.

When shooting the balls into the hallway, once you get the clock to mid-night, it locks two balls just fine... if you put a third ball in there (instead of Rudy's Mouth to start multi-ball) it's supposed to kick out one ball (keeping the other two in there) and you keep playing and trying for multi-ball etc. For some reason it keeps kicking out ALL THREE balls if you shoot it in the hallway. It's like the game is getting confused. All switches work in test and in gameplay. I checked all other switches on the row and column with those switches in the hallway, and everything checks out perfectly. It then sets the clock back to 11:45 and you have to start all over again etc.

Any thoughts? I'm stumped!

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

Having an odd issue that popped up - wondering if anyone has ever seen this.
When shooting the balls into the hallway, once you get the clock to mid-night, it locks two balls just fine... if you put a third ball in there (instead of Rudy's Mouth to start multi-ball) it's supposed to kick out one ball (keeping the other two in there) and you keep playing and trying for multi-ball etc. For some reason it keeps kicking out ALL THREE balls if you shoot it in the hallway. It's like the game is getting confused. All switches work in test and in gameplay. I checked all other switches on the row and column with those switches in the hallway, and everything checks out perfectly. It then sets the clock back to 11:45 and you have to start all over again etc.
Any thoughts? I'm stumped!

I may be wrong here but check the disc that holds the balls when they are locked. It can move out of position causing things to get out of sequence.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I may be wrong here but check the disc that holds the balls when they are locked. It can move out of position causing things to get out of sequence.

I agree - this can get worn and if not adjusted right, all the balls can fall through.

#4 5 years ago

Excellent. I will check that. Thanks for the info!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Boards
PinSound

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-owners-weird-problem-with-multi-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.