Topic poll

“Choose one and why”

• Funhouse 64 votes
    48%
  • Whirlwind 70 votes
    52%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1616 (resized).JPG
IMG_1615 (resized).JPG
IMG_3169 (resized).jpg
373954 (resized).jpg
IMG_1626 (resized).JPG
IMG_1624 (resized).JPG
IMG_1625 (resized).JPG
IMG_1622 (resized).JPG
IMG_1617 (resized).JPG

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

I recently got whril wind and funhouse. I DONT have room for them, but they were so incredibly cheap, couldn't let them go.

They both play incredible well, both really dirty, needs cleaning and so on. Total stripdown cleaning, but everything works fine.

Im thinking about selling my clearcoated ebd and keep one of these two pins. My problem is, I really cant choose. Played them both for many hours today, and enjoyed every sec.

Funhouse is so fun and more forgiving.

Ww is damn evil, but that jackpot shot is SO satisfying.

I like both pins.

Ww was my 2. Pin great memories, fh is so great.

Whitch one would YOu shop and keep?? And why?

#2 2 years ago

Pic of two dirty pins

IMG_1617 (resized).JPG

IMG_1622 (resized).JPG

#3 2 years ago

PLEASE listen to me. If you can keep both, do so. These are two of the BEST PRE-DMD pins ever made. Both would be in the "last to go" group in my collection.

But I also LOVE EBD. Tough call. Wish I could help in your situation!

#4 2 years ago

With all due respect, sell your HSII and keep these

#5 2 years ago

Well, the FH is going to be worth more, so that may be one of your factors. If you want the more something that's worth more down the line, keep FH. If you want more money on a resale now, sell FH.

I used to play these two games practically side by side at a place for the past 4 years. Two of my all time faves. But in a 1 pin collection, I think FH will have more replayability. I could play that for an hour straight dumping in quarters, while WW would be a few games, then something else, maybe back to WW later.

I still love me some WW, but gun to my head, one game collection, FH stays.

#6 2 years ago

Keep WW and sell me EBD and FH.

Problem solved.

Oh, you are across the pond ... shipping can't be that much, can it?

#7 2 years ago

Whirlwind easily for me. It plays much better but isn't as unique...but I like playing games.

Second keeping both of these over HS2

#8 2 years ago

Keep the FH and send me the WW. Lol. I guess you know my answer.

#9 2 years ago

FH all day long! Not even a close call. I also go against the grain and would find a way to keep Getaway. Both 5 star games in my opinion!

#10 2 years ago

Guys i love my hs2

#11 2 years ago

Yep, its a keeper, will sell my congo before my hs2

IMG_1625 (resized).JPG

IMG_1624 (resized).JPG

IMG_1626 (resized).JPG

#12 2 years ago

I always liked WW better dunno why, maybe rudy scares me I dunno.

#13 2 years ago

Hahhahaa, 5 years ago i hated rudys head even more red and ted but after playing them, heads are integraded nice and fun to smash.

Road shows lockshor it great!

#14 2 years ago

Do you enjoy going for multiball or playing it? Funhouse has one of the best multiballs ever, great combo, while whirlwind is just trying to hit the ramp over and over, but on the other hand whirlwind is really fun hitting all the shots to light locks while funhouse is just 'do anything, who cares?'

#15 2 years ago

373954 (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago

Building up for multiball is fun in both pins, but gettin the jackpot on ww is so rewarding/feels great. Doesn't happen to often though.

On fh i can get the jackpot allmost everytime and sometimes relight and gettin it secound time, feels good two.

Gameplaywise i love them both, but musik and effects draws me into ww totally.
The sound on the droptarget and the pitch gettin higher when looping rampshot is so nice.

Also ww brings back memory's when playing.

Votes are saying 34 fh and 66 ww. Thats maby how i feel as or right now.

This discussion could be so easy if one of the pins was worn out but both are in really nice condition under the dirt.

Fh usally has alot of wear but this one is nice under complete fabric mylar and so is ww.

#17 2 years ago

My ebd forsale:

https://m.imgur.com/a/yKnG7?

Clearcoated any playes perfect

#18 2 years ago

Funhouse, if only for the better voiceovers.

#19 2 years ago

This is a tough one!!! Both games are so good! I picked Funhouse only because I already have WW and want a Funhouse also!!

#21 2 years ago

You better keep Funhouse, you don't want Rudy on your bad side!

#22 2 years ago

Easy choice in my opinion...

IMG_3169 (resized).jpg

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

That looks insane

#24 2 years ago

Okey that head is sooo creapy

Why is fh valued 4000usd and ww 2000inhere. Crazy

#25 2 years ago

WW !!!!! These 2 machines shouldn't even be in the same discussion as to which to keep.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Okey that head is sooo creapy
Why is fh valued 4000usd and ww 2000inhere. Crazy

I'm curious about this as well. I've always just accepted that these two are valued as they are. But with them being compared directly (and WW currently winning by about 2X), why the price difference?

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

why the price difference?

Rudy's head.

#28 2 years ago

It's my professional opinion that most people are voting WW in the hopes you'll sell them your FH. Don't fall for it. FH for the win.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

why the price difference?

Trap door, extra shooter lane also...but mostly the head which brings personality to the game.

#31 2 years ago

I have had both games in my collection for over 12 years. Both Great games and still get played all the time. I would have to tip my hat to WW just a fun an still a challenging game after all these years. I do like to kick me some Rudy ass though that kid gets on my nerves. lol

#32 2 years ago

Yikes. Close call. Having played both extensively, I strongly believe that Whirlwind is the better playing game. It has better music, a more wholesome feeling layout, and the shots are balanced and challenging.

Funhouse is a game brimming with absolute character though, and has a more immersive feeling. But, as a game from a pure gameplay standpoint, Whirlwind is the one for me.

#33 2 years ago

Im also tipping more over to ww.
I have a buyer for my fh. He will visit me tomorrow, helt se how it goes.

Buyer tells me that he dumped so many coins in fh back in 1990 that he would love to have one today, his first pin, so i think it will leave my collection tomorrow

Only replaced 3 rubber pieces, please look at old rubber, this pin needs full dissasambly and cleaning. But still not worn donwn like most fh ive seen

IMG_1615 (resized).JPG

IMG_1616 (resized).JPG

#34 2 years ago

make room. i have both and both wont ever leave.

#35 2 years ago

3. Day playing. Im having a much bigger challenge when playing WW.
Both pins really fun.
I like the trapshot on fh.
Just heard the soundeffect for the first time on ww then making 3 time combo and scire 250.000 whooooow thats great

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

3. Day playing. Im having a much bigger challenge when playing WW.
Both pins really fun.
I like the trapshot on fh.
Just heard the soundeffect for the first time on ww then making 3 time combo and scire 250.000 whooooow thats great

The first time I hit that on mine was by accident. Scared the shit out of me.I thought the machine was frying its self.

#37 2 years ago

Hahahahahaaaa great one

#39 2 years ago

Im making between 30-40mill on fh.
Ww best score in 3 days 9mill

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Now THAT'S how Rudy should look. Creepy, not dorky. . . .

#41 2 years ago

Whirlwind is the better player, FunHouse is the better investment.

#42 2 years ago

You could always sell both and get an Earhshaker to fill the void. That's the one that ended up the keeper here.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You could always sell both and get an Earhshaker to fill the void. That's the one that ended up the keeper here.

Love my ES. WW is a close second for me and Funhouse a distant last. It's really one of those games I don't get the hype on. Theme does nothing for me and I feel like it's a two shot game. Maybe I'm just missing something?

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You could always sell both and get an Earhshaker to fill the void.

I have ES sitting right next to Whirlwind. Almost the same exact rules, but Whirlwind does everything Earthshaker does, just a little bit better, imho. However, literally everyone who comes to play my games prefers Earthshaker over Whirlwind. It's a game for the people!

#45 2 years ago

I had them both sitting next to each other as well. But Whirlwind had to go.

What Earthshaker does that the others don't do is SHAKE!

#46 2 years ago

I prefer WW over FH. Both are good games, but if it were me, I would sell the FH, considering i'd make more money than I would on the WW. Then I would buy another pin and have 2 good games and still have extra cash in my pocket.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What Earthshaker does that the others don't do is SHAKE!

My non pinhead guests absolutely LOVE that feature. They also laugh the first time the CA/NV fault diverter breaks open. Out here on the east, earthquakes are a novelty!

That, along with those nice radio inspired callouts and tremendous light shows, ES has a much more theatrical presentation than Whirlwind does.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

My non pinhead guests absolutely LOVE that feature.

Sometimes in the early hours of the morning it's the only thing I can feel.

#49 2 years ago

I find es and ww pretty even gameplaywise, but maby for nostalgic reasons ww's music and sounds are great for me. I also think whoww million is reused from es to ww, sounds like it.

But thanks guys, i have made my mind up, WW pis the keeper for me, both in nice condition, will sell fh and get on with it.

Ww gives me much more challenge and has feel good shots, music sounds, nostalgia, ww got the whole package, i think in time, ww will also get up in value and get more apputiation.
This ww has got such a nice pf. Keeper!!

Thanks for all your help and input guys.

(After a week i still want to play more ww and fh doesn't have the same appeal)

#50 2 years ago

I'll offer $500 for the FH!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside