4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TSPP Rules v3 (resized).jpg
    TSPP Rules v3.jpg

#1 4 months ago

Hi,
    I just wanted to see other opinions as i havent played TSPP but have played funhouse, great pin and want to buy it but also want to check out simpsons and think it should be a great pin for the collection.

Of these two pins what would you buy and why?

#2 4 months ago

I have both and they are my top two favorite pins. Both are masterpieces. I could not decide between them! Simpson’s has a much deeper rule set and is prone to much longer game times. Funhouse has simpler rules and shorter game times BUT is equally fun. So when I want a longer more complex game or a simpler shorter one I have that choice. So I think your decision comes down to what style of game you want, how much you like each theme, and price. You need to find and play TSPP so you can judge for yourself.

#3 4 months ago

I am a TSPP owner, so biased, but TSPP all day long because the ruleset is *very* deep. Check out the attached chart I made to help wrap my head around the major parts of the ruleset (there's even more that's not shown here). I've had it for about 4 months and still have yet to have a game where I got more than 2 of the goals needed for the final wizard mode.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Funhouse and - in general - prefer System 11 and WPC era pins to many modern pins. But, if you're looking for a game to keep for the long haul, to me it's no contest.

TSPP Rules v3 (resized).jpg
    #4 4 months ago

I have both. TSPP is my favorite out of all my pins. So much more to do than FH. FH can be brutal but is a great game.

Get a TSPP!

#5 4 months ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Check out the attached chart I made.[quoted image]

Wow, that’s nice! Post this to the Tspp owners thread of you haven’t.

#6 4 months ago

Both are fun games but I feel TSPP has more to offer over FH.

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Wow, that’s nice! Post this to the Tspp owners thread of you haven’t.

Yep, it’s in there already

#8 4 months ago

FH is overrated IMO. Although i'm not a Lawlor layout fan.

TSPP is way way more deep and should keep you going longer in interest.

#9 4 months ago

TSPP by a mile. And I love FH.

#10 4 months ago

Funhouse will be much harder to find in good condition at a good price as compared to TSPP going forward. Grab Funhouse now and start saving for your future TSPP.

Don C

#11 4 months ago

You didn't say how big your collection is, but if it is very small, you will enjoy the depth of TSPP longer I think.
    BTW, Rudy creeps my wife out so despite Funhouse being a great pin, won't be entering my house anytime soon

#12 4 months ago

I have to go with TSPP on this one. Deeper rules, awesome playfield, and a theme that is top notch

#13 4 months ago

What the heck kinda question is this? I don't see how it is even up for debate, and I LOVE Funhouse. TSPP is one of the best games ever made. Funhouse is great, but very shallow. They are definitely two different games, and you'll play one over the other depending on the mood, but overall: TSPP.

#14 4 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

You didn't say how big your collection is, but if it is very small, you will enjoy the depth of TSPP longer I think.
    BTW, Rudy creeps my wife out so despite Funhouse being a great pin, won't be entering my house anytime soon

Sorry that is true, today i own two em big deal and need restoration grand prix, the others are TAF, CFTBL, TMNT and my first pin and never leaving my collection Taxi.

#15 4 months ago

Clearly its the simpsons, i am pat lawler fan but i am maybe looking for some depth and longer play and of course i am a simpsons fan and played the old data east pin at Eden in hveragerði before it burned down so many great pins and arcades and the mechanical monkey bobo turned to ashes.

#16 4 months ago
    Quoted from beini:

Clearly its the simpsons, i am pat lawler fan but i am maybe looking for some depth and longer play and of course i am a simpsons fan and played the old data east pin at Eden in hveragerði before it burned down so many great pins and arcades and the mechanical monkey bobo turned to ashes.

Both are great games. Tspp is certainly easier to find in better condition and is a deeper game, however.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either, but simpsons would be my vote.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 27.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 65.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 215.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside