Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Funhouse or a 120 play demo man”

• Dm 22 votes
      46%
    • Funhouse 26 votes
      54%

(48 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Having trouble deciding between a funhouse with a overlay which is so good u can't tell or a 120 play demo man

#2 2 years ago

Both great games. I wouldn’t care about the play count. I’d get the demo but that’s probably the unpopular opinion.

#3 2 years ago

Should have done a poll

But Demo Man for me

#4 2 years ago

If its an actual 120 play totally pristine Demo man I'd get that just to have higher resale; but I wouldn't believe it.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If its an actual 120 play totally pristine Demo man I'd get that just to have higher resale; but I wouldn't believe it.

I’d bet it’s since the batteries were replaced or NVRAM installed.

I suppose it is possible there are games out there with that play count but I’d be surprised if the original batteries are still holding memory.

#6 2 years ago

One of the writers on the movie got it from the studio and it sat in his house in California till last year all they gave done is add a color dmd to it the funhouse has faded cabinet but in great shape has a overlay on it but u really can't tell crazy how good it looks I would be trading a tmnt pro for one of them

#7 2 years ago

Supposedly the guy with dm just used it as a showpiece cause he was the writer on the movie

#8 2 years ago

Get the DM and have the writer sign it

#9 2 years ago

I mean if it really is than I would grab it. Find it strange people that haven't given a shit aboot their pinball machine for 25 years+ years would add a colorDMD...but the world is a strange place

#10 2 years ago

I just don't want to be that upside down it I go to sell one seems like funhouse would get the most back it definitely looks brand new and the guy added a color dmd and new rubbers the old ones was of course dry rotted

#11 2 years ago

Personally, I avoid overlays when possible. It's possible for them to start shifting and/or wrinkling.

But if the FH is a bargain, new playfields are available.

Can't go wrong with a nice DM if the price is right.

#12 2 years ago

I would be trading a tmnt pro for one of them

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

I would be trading a tmnt pro for one of them

That's probably worth more than either game. Are they adding cash to the deal?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's probably worth more than either game. Are they adding cash to the deal?

I don’t know it is hard to find a Funhouse for under $6k

#15 2 years ago

No both are straight up I know the funhouse is more but how do u put a price on a brand new dm that's my problem

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

No both are straight up I know the funhouse is more but how do u put a price on a brand new dm that's my problem

You would still want to take a look at it… flip up the playfield and look for any signs of corrosion… just in case it was stored someplace damp.

#17 2 years ago

Yes I saw both dm definitely looks brand new

#18 2 years ago

Demo man has seriously flawed code, but there are some updated soren chips you can put it in that help. Even brand new, the game is low value due to code and design. The left side of the game is pretty much useless, code-wise.

Funhouse is by far the better game, but overlays are absolute crap.

I'd keep your tmnt pro. You'll be losing money with either.

If you must trade, the demo man would be the better trade, especially if you can get the writer to sign it and keep it in minty shape.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I suppose it is possible there are games out there with that play count but I’d be surprised if the original batteries are still holding memory.

This.

Plus the play count can be reset in the menu. It doesn't mean shit in any game where it can be reset so easily.

#20 2 years ago

Something sounds off to me. If the writer has this as a show piece, why would he want a TMNT? I would get validation the writer is who he is. You met the writer or someone is selling/trading on his behalf?

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

or some one changed roms (it does have cool home roms and the comp modded roms)

#22 2 years ago

He sold it to a guy last year now he's getting rid of it it definitely looks like it has hardly any plays really the only thing I can go buy is my eyes looks like it sat somewhere for years

#24 2 years ago

As far as funhouse it looks damn good the playfield I rea)y can't tell it's an overlay cam from Phoenix

#25 2 years ago

Demo man , but not straight to a turtles . I think turtles is worth twice that of demo or a beat up funhouse

#26 2 years ago

What a great combo. So both is the best option. But Demo is the better pin in my opinion. Love funhouse its just that it will get boring fast. Its fine for a large collection and a must have for a serious collector, but its no Demo man.

#27 2 years ago

Funhouse HEP’d out ! Get the FH and send it.

#28 2 years ago

Yea I just don't know what a like new low play demo would go for these days on the market I see prices creeping up fir demo man already have people asking 5500

#29 2 years ago

I'm into high flow games I have a star wars premium that's never going anywhere

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

I'm into high flow games I have a star wars premium that's never going anywhere

Then Demolition man 100%.

#31 2 years ago

I'd keep the Turtles.

#32 2 years ago

There are way better high flow games than these that you could trade a TMNT for, or just sell it and buy something else. I'm not a fan of either of these titles though, but you'd be better off passing on both IMO.

#33 2 years ago

That's a lopsided trade in their favor, run away.

#34 2 years ago

I think cash should be coming back to you on either of those machines. Demo man, even a very nice one rarely sell for outside the usual range which is much lower than a new pro game. Funhouse you should be able to get a pretty good one for that range.

#35 2 years ago

As others have stated, this does not seem like a very good deal for you. A very nice demo man, even in today's market, should top out in the low $4k range (tops). A nice original funhouse in great condition could certainly be worth as much as a TMMT Pro. This funhouse, with a faded cab and an overlay, is definitely not worth as much as a TMMT Pro. Also, I agree with other points that an owner that doesn't play a machine is very unlikely to install a ColorDMD...seems fishy my friend.

I'm not saying TMMT is a good game or super popular these days, but perhaps you could get more selling it or finding a more equitable trade. I feel like you should get at least in the low $5k range for it and realize that you'd be taking a bit of a hit at that valuation but that is what happens with the less popular newer stern pros especially.

#36 2 years ago

Demo man is a great game, but I'd prefer to have a funhouse. Except, I'd never touch a game with an overlay, unless it was a perfect recreation, properly installed, and properly clearcoated over by somebody I know knew what they were doing, and even then I'd be a little hesitant. So I'd probably say demo man in your case. But I don't think I'd trade a brand new stern for either of those. I'd maybe consider the trade if it was actually a nice funhouse without an overlay, but probably not.

#37 2 years ago

Worst trade offer ever

#38 2 years ago

Trades are rarely fair. Sell TMNT and buy what you want.

#39 2 years ago

Agree with others. It doesn't sound like a good trade in either case. Pristine DM sounds better than heavily routed FH even though FH better game. However, both priced high given trade value of TMNT. Better off selling TMNT for top dollar and then finding a decent deal on game you want.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-or-a-120-play-demo-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.