• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ring 2 (resized).jpg
ring (resized).jpg
DSCN3018 (resized).JPG
REQzNTAwRDFEMzBBNTFEREI5NDc6M2YzZTE2ZjcyYzg2NDUwNGJhYmYwNTY1MDRjNWUwYzY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider provato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi and greetings to all pinball lovers!
(This is my first post so please go easy on me )

I recently bought a Funhouse pinball and as always I catalogue all the parts I find according to the parts list .txt file on ipdb.
After "fishing" inside the cabinet I found this little plastic ring that you can see in the images.

At first I couldn't find anywhere to fit this thing into or match it with the parts list txt, but after taking a closer look in the head assembly's parts, I found this on the text file:
A-13734(1) head bracket assy
--01-9674(1) bracket
--02-4454(2) plunger stop
--02-4457(2) shading ring
--02-4459(2) jaw pivot
--02-4460(1) crank pivot
--20-9670(4) standoff 6/32 x 3/16

After looking at marcospecialties for the 02-4457 part, I found the image of the shading ring there bearing a vague resemblance to the plastic ring I found inside the cabinet.

So, here are my questions about this part:

1. Is the part I found the same as the marco's 02-4457?
2. Where are the 02-4457 shading rings located in the head assembly? (I searched my assembly and photos online but I could not spot these parts anywhere in Rudy!)
3. What is the use of this plastic part I found? I couldn't match this part to anything else in the entire parts list text file...

3.jpg3.jpg

1.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

#3 7 years ago

Maybe you mean the centering flange for the eyes which is part 03-8486? (it's between the coil bracket and the coil of the "A-14030" main lid plunger)
I already have this part, it has a wider hole and is symmetrical, unlike the one in my photos.

So I believe we are talking about different parts

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Looks like a centering flange to me.

I don't think it's the centering flange of the vertical coil. Here are the pictures of the centering flange:
REQzNTAwRDFEMzBBNTFEREI5NDc6M2YzZTE2ZjcyYzg2NDUwNGJhYmYwNTY1MDRjNWUwYzY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpgREQzNTAwRDFEMzBBNTFEREI5NDc6M2YzZTE2ZjcyYzg2NDUwNGJhYmYwNTY1MDRjNWUwYzY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
DSCN3018 (resized).JPGDSCN3018 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

The eylids use small nyliners.

I agree with stangbat. This is not a nyliner, I have both nyliners for the eyelids plastic - they are thinner and their circles are cut.

Let me remind you that this part I posted pictures of in the first post, may NOT be a head assembly's part. It's just a guess of mine that this part is 02-4457 shading ring.

So, I'm searching if anyone has a photo of this "shading ring" on the head assembly, OR if anyone knows where the part goes...

#11 7 years ago

Thank you Mitch that helped a lot, because I also believe now that my part is probably irrelevant to genuine funhouse parts.

But still, one mystery remains about the "shading ring" that you posted the photo from marco. Does this part really exist in the head bracket from factory, and if so, where does it go?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider provato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-mystery-head-assembly-part-1?tu=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.