(Topic ID: 119320)

Funhouse Mint Prototype on eBay!!! WOW!!!!

By AaronJames

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rudy 2.jpg
Rudy 1.jpg
a-fool-and-his-money-are-soon-parted.png
6a00e54f10a098883401910455430c970c-800wi.jpg
Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So a FH with a new playfield installed should increase the value what 700??? Because the seller should not get the full return on the 1000 they spent. And like I said the time it takes to swap it should always be free
NO!!! go buy a beater then, but wait you want a nice one but don't want to pay for it. The only thing your comment makes sense on is mods. I could care less about mods, so yes I tell people they can take them off.

thats not what I said at all. But people should not expect to get dollar for dollar on a restore/reno. In any other hobby people seem to get this. Sure it may be worth a premium after the restore (depending on how well its done) but if you did a restore, you should have been starting with a beater to begin with that you got cheap. If a game typically for for 3K an you put 2K into a restore that does not make it a 5k game suddenly, its still plays the same as the 3k game. is it going to be more than the 3K average, sure since its nicer than average. But if you put 2k into a restore of a typical 3K game you better have gotten it for 1500 tops if you want any chance to get your money out of it. Then you are in at 3500 which is a supportable number. Now you spend 3K for the base game and put in 2K. Someday it might be worth 5K to get even but you'll be sitting on it hoping that title rises in value while you hold the game, unless you find a sucker willing to overpay, and they are out there. I've been that sucker before if I wanted a game bad enough, but its not the norm.
Go buy a beater? Thats most of my machine I have except my MM and TZ. I've done the restores on everything I have that has been restored (SS, AFM, BoP, PB, WH2O). I know damn well I'm underwater on most of them. I also don't care as I don't plan to sell them. I enjoyed doing the work, I enjoy playing the game and not pumping quarters in to do it. If I play 1000 games, that's $500 I "saved" not putting in a machine somewhere else, if I sold for $500 less than I have into it in that case, I'm even.

#102 9 years ago

Here's my .02

It's never about your personal time/money investment. The buyer doesn't care. The buyer is buying a "total package" at the time of delivery. He's comparing it against other pins he can get in the same price range. When you push a $3K title up into the $5-6K range, regardless of time/quality invested, you run the risk of moving into new brackets where people will ask, "Would I rather have a NIB Met Pro, or a nice $5K+ B/W instead of this well-restored 25 year old game?"

That's the risk of trying to earn $ doing a restoration. It simply reduces your pool of buyers to:

"People who REALLY want THIS specific title restored, AND already own or DON'T WANT NIBs for $4500 or B/W games in nice condition (TZ,TOTAN,TOM) for $5K+."

These buyers exist, they just may not always be ready to buy (or want to pay for/deal with shipping) when you are selling.

-mof

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Neat, but one of the few times I'd rather have a production machine. System 11 sound card? No thanks!

Looks like this one actually has a red board prototype WPC sound board.

But getting back to that, the WPC sound board is just a system 11 sound board with more ROM space and a different interface chip to the CPU using the Asic instead of a pair of 6821 PIA's

These are the same
Processor is a Motorola 6809
Sound effects are from a DAC1408 chip
Speech is from a 55536 CVSD
Music is from a pair of Yamaha chips YM3012 and YM2151

As for differences
The Amp on a the WPC is a higher wattage (20W instead of 8W)
The WPC has an electronic trim pot for volume control.
WPC has room for three 4 meg eproms
System 11 has room for three 512K eproms.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It just looked like it with the bolts sucked into the front of the cabinet and the small tear from the lock down bar.
Very nice cabinet. GLWS

I saw the same thing. Someone over tightened those bolts! But you can see the wood cabinet surface in the screened paint, so it's definitely not decaled.

I did not realize the prototypes have the same start button as the production games until now. I just figured they had the sample game start buttons. Always learning something new.

Very nice machine!

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

All my machine auctions have met reserve, including the other current one I have listed
ebay.com link » Beautiful Example Stern Orbitor 1 Pinball Machine
Thanks for looking! Koz

Dang I'm outbid
Looks nice
GLWS

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So a FH with a new playfield installed should increase the value what 700??? Because the seller should not get the full return on the 1000 they spent. And like I said the time it takes to swap it should always be free

Mate you're living in the land of make believe if you think that's how market economics work.

The game is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

#107 9 years ago

A little off topic, but does anybody else think the kid at the start of this video looks exactly like Rudy in Funhouse? I also forgot how smoking hot the woman is in this video. You'll have to click on the bottom of the error message to see the video.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

A little off topic, but does anybody else think the kid at the start of this video looks exactly like Rudy in Funhouse. I also forgot how smoking hot the woman is in this video. You'll have to click on the bottom of the error message to see the video.
» YouTube video

I can totally see it. Hilarious.

#109 9 years ago

Rudy 1.jpgRudy 1.jpgRudy 2.jpgRudy 2.jpg

#110 9 years ago

It's exciting to see that the reserve was met.
I've appreciated all the discussion regarding this prototype as I've learned a lot.
I was wondering if anyone on this thread is bidding on this item?
--if they are, best of luck to you.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

It's exciting to see that the reserve was met.
I've appreciated all the discussion regarding this prototype as I've learned a lot.
I was wondering if anyone on this thread is bidding on this item?
--if they are, best of luck to you.

I have a few bids on it.

#112 9 years ago

One of my favs. Wish they were touring again. Never seen them. Found them too late.

Quoted from Honch:

A little off topic, but does anybody else think the kid at the start of this video looks exactly like Rudy in Funhouse. I also forgot how smoking hot the woman is in this video. You'll have to click on the bottom of the error message to see the video.
» YouTube video

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Nice. Previously owned by Ted Estes.

say his name 10 time fast out loud at work

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

One of my favs. Wish they were touring again. Never seen them. Found them too late.

Nice Honch. Love me some Ratt too.....my fav back in the day....got to see them on the Reach for the Sky tour. Wish I would have seen them a tour or two earlier but still feel lucky to have seen them with Robbin.....they still were great to see live....

#115 9 years ago

I've seen just about everyone, when it comes to metal bands, but Ratt never seemed to come through my area.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

By end of auction, every game I have listed has sold, hence "reserve met"
Thanks, Koz
PS: Anyone know the best way to list additional pictures? 2 Ebay operators in and I am being told 12 is the most. Is there a way to put a link on the auction that leads to other pics? I have a ton more I want to show.
Thank you, Koz

*****To all interested parties....

Check out my Flicker account in the auction description to see even more pictures!
Thank you!!!

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I did not realize the prototypes have the same start button as the production games until now. I just figured they had the sample game start buttons. Always learning something new.

That surprised me, too.

#119 9 years ago

the stamp date on the playfield was my 20th bday ! i like this FH even better now !

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

That surprised me, too.

No Williams name on the lower cabs either.

Koz

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

The original playfield likely held a monetary value, so yeah, they might not get the full return. That $1000 playfield may be only worth $600 more than the one it replaced. If I put a brand new playfield into a Rollergames, does that make it a $2000 or more game on the market? I'm betting I'd be sitting on it for a long time.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

the stamp date on the playfield was my 20th bday ! i like this FH even better now !

HA!

#123 9 years ago

19 hours until two people are doing cartwheels, and one person will be crying in his milk.
Don't be that guy.
-mof

#124 9 years ago

So nice id be afraid to play it lol

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So nice id be afraid to play it lol

Couple more pics posted. Good luck with the bidding. Will be sorry to see it go, but I have bigger things going on ATM

Thank you, Koz

#126 9 years ago

Set your alarms, we have a showdown in 3.5 hrs
-mof

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

The original playfield likely held a monetary value, so yeah, they might not get the full return. That $1000 playfield may be only worth $600 more than the one it replaced. If I put a brand new playfield into a Rollergames, does that make it a $2000 or more game on the market? I'm betting I'd be sitting on it for a long time.

Ok dude enjoy your beat to shit original playfield!!!!
Obviously if the game had a nice diamond plate playfield you would leave it alone. But there are not very many DP FH's

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Set your alarms, we have a showdown in 3.5 hrs
-mof

yep soon theres gonna be a flurry of bids, which will, imo get it over 10k.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

yep soon theres gonna be a flurry of bids, which will, imo get it over 10k.

Completely agree. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Ok dude enjoy your beat to shit original playfield!!!!
Obviously if the game had a nice diamond plate playfield you would leave it alone. But there are not very many DP FH's

The seller can ask whatever they want. No need to get emotional over it. Sometimes you lose money if you want to move a product. The market may not agree with your valuation.

#131 9 years ago

Wow nice I just read this thread for the first time , amazing machine .... 40 mins left

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

Wow nice I just read this thread for the first time , amazing machine .... 40 mins left

Thank you, Koz

#133 9 years ago

Funhouse will soon have a new owner. The countdown is on.

12 minutes to go!

#134 9 years ago

Where are the fireworks with 2m30s to go?
-mof

#135 9 years ago

Only one last second bid. $7,450

#136 9 years ago

Not the exciting finish everyone was expecting.

#137 9 years ago

Fizzled without a snipe war. Wow.

#138 9 years ago

Who won for a $12 outbid on $7438?
Someone's a hero...
-mof

#139 9 years ago

$7500 is pretty reasonable for such a unique machine.

#140 9 years ago

Cheaper than the FH I bought!

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not the exciting finish everyone was expecting.

yeah, very surprised at the result. great pick up at that price.

#142 9 years ago

Dang I should have kept bidding very good price I think of course I would had another 400 in shipping and was scared for this beauty to be shipped

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-mint-prototype-on-ebay-wow/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.