(Topic ID: 119320)

Funhouse Mint Prototype on eBay!!! WOW!!!!

By AaronJames

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rudy 2.jpg
Rudy 1.jpg
a-fool-and-his-money-are-soon-parted.png
6a00e54f10a098883401910455430c970c-800wi.jpg
Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

I've got one of the 200 sample FH machines. Here's what I know/info I've collected about the prototypes/sample machines:

There were about 10 prototype games made. These probably have red lamp boards, maybe marked with an 'X' in their serial number, and also had an additional small blue standup target: prototype games have targets that spell S-T-E-P-S, while all other games spell S-T-E-P: the small target between the mystery mirror and the hidden hallway (so left of Rudy) was dropped.

There were also about 200 sample games built. Unlike other games where the sample run has little differences, Funhouse sample machines have some noticeable changes. This was mainly because Williams was changing from the System 11 boardset towards the new WPC boardset. Funhouse sample games have the old system 11 type of siderails, a start button that sticks out of the cabinet, it still uses the System 11 sound board (together with special power board), and most important: it has a DiamondPlated playfield. The backbox wiring is also slightly different from regular production run games: it has a lot more lamps at the top and the wires are guided different. Sample / Proto games also used the wide system 11 style of siderails that go around the flipper buttons, and the cabinet artwork is a decal. Production run Funhouses used the smaller WPC style of siderails. The cabinet artwork is screened (like on other WPC games).

Best of luck with your sale!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

reserve not met!
-mof

$6700 reserve not met! WTF???

#54 9 years ago

Like someone said, that reserve probably won't be met.

#55 9 years ago

I turned down 7500 for mine several years ago really .. only a few exsist

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

$6700 reserve not met! WTF???

Wow. You'd think he'd be happy with $6500+. This guy is really reaching.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Wow. You'd think he'd be happy with $6500+. This guy is really reaching.

He probably knows what he's doing. Let's not forget his WCS went for high 4ks.

#58 9 years ago

I'm thinking 10K plus will be the winning bid.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Probably, especially when other games, let's say TRON LE are fetching 10-12k and there were what, 500 of those. It's about exclusivity. 10 prototypes...I wish I had the money. Plus this thing is in frickin MINT quality. Wow.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpgRay Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg
#61 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Sadly, the $6500+ closing price will just influence more non-pinheads with FH beaters that they have a $6500+ game for sale

no different from any other high end pin that sells on ebay.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Sadly, the $6500+ closing price will just influence more non-pinheads with FH beaters that they have a $6500+ game for sale
=(
-mof

That's not true! Oh wait, mine is not a beater, nor would I take 6.5k for it. Matter of fact I will just keep it at 6.5K.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

I've got one of the 200 sample FH machines. Here's what I know/info I've collected about the prototypes/sample machines:
There were about 10 prototype games made. These probably have red lamp boards, maybe marked with an 'X' in their serial number, and also had an additional small blue standup target: prototype games have targets that spell S-T-E-P-S, while all other games spell S-T-E-P: the small target between the mystery mirror and the hidden hallway (so left of Rudy) was dropped.
There were also about 200 sample games built. Unlike other games where the sample run has little differences, Funhouse sample machines have some noticeable changes. This was mainly because Williams was changing from the System 11 boardset towards the new WPC boardset. Funhouse sample games have the old system 11 type of siderails, a start button that sticks out of the cabinet, it still uses the System 11 sound board (together with special power board), and most important: it has a DiamondPlated playfield. The backbox wiring is also slightly different from regular production run games: it has a lot more lamps at the top and the wires are guided different. Sample / Proto games also used the wide system 11 style of siderails that go around the flipper buttons, and the cabinet artwork is a decal. Production run Funhouses used the smaller WPC style of siderails. The cabinet artwork is screened (like on other WPC games).
Best of luck with your sale!

That's not entirely true.

There were sample games with regular lacquer playfields.
There were sample games with LS Topcoat playfields.

The diamondplate are the most desirable, as the other ones didn't wear as well as DP, but not all the samples were DP.

#64 9 years ago

i will enjoy my non sample funhouse and have a thicker wallet, that price is insane. hey slick, you're crazy to pay that much. glws

#65 9 years ago

THE WCS Mentioned was stunning. i saw it in person. the ramps were so crystal clear. if that only sold for $4k someone got a nice deal. looked like it was never played.

#66 9 years ago

I just installed a beautiful repro playfield that has the diamond plated logo into my Funhouse. Close enough for my taste. :p

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

That's not entirely true.
There were sample games with regular lacquer playfields.
There were sample games with LS Topcoat playfields.
The diamondplate are the most desirable, as the other ones didn't wear as well as DP, but not all the samples were DP.

We have an original diamondplate funhouse at the Ann Arbor pinball museum. it has regular wpc style rails, screened cabinet, and wpc boards. I don't know how that weighs into that sample equation, but i wouldn't call it a sample built game.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

yep 10k+ without a problem.

#69 9 years ago

6a00e54f10a098883401910455430c970c-800wi.jpg6a00e54f10a098883401910455430c970c-800wi.jpg a-fool-and-his-money-are-soon-parted.pnga-fool-and-his-money-are-soon-parted.png
#70 9 years ago

If it's at $7k now, why is $10k so crazy??

#71 9 years ago

I have one but mine has WPC boards and not the Sys. 11 one. Also they removed the extra target and filled the hole with a plug.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If it's at $7k now, why is $10k so crazy??

Exactly! Personally, I think they passed crazy a few thousand Dollar ago, but I could see it hitting 5 figures.

#73 9 years ago

I wonder what the reserve is?

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

and the cabinet artwork is a decal. Production run Funhouses used the smaller WPC style of siderails. The cabinet artwork is screened (like on other WPC games).

I could swear mine has decals and is not screen printed. Gotta check when I get home.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

8k5 is my guess.

#76 9 years ago

I was gonna say $8k....but we'll see in a few days...

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The reserve is set at dumbass

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

All my machine auctions have met reserve, including the other current one I have listed
ebay.com link » Beautiful Example Stern Orbitor 1 Pinball Machine
Thanks for looking! Koz

You said all of your games reserves were met. This one shows it hasn't been. I'm confused.

Wish I had the disposable income to make a purchase on something like this not so painful. I'll have to wait for a normal FH.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You said all of your games reserves were met. This one shows it hasn't been. I'm confused.
Wish I had the disposable income to make a purchase on something like this not so painful. I'll have to wait for a normal FH.

By end of auction, every game I have listed has sold, hence "reserve met"

Thanks, Koz

PS: Anyone know the best way to list additional pictures? 2 Ebay operators in and I am being told 12 is the most. Is there a way to put a link on the auction that leads to other pics? I have a ton more I want to show.

Thank you, Koz

#80 9 years ago

I think you can put a Facebook link in there...

#81 9 years ago

PS: Anyone know the best way to list additional pictures? 2 Ebay operators in and I am being told 12 is the most. Is there a way to put a link on the auction that leads to other pics? I have a ton more I want to show.

Set up an account at a photo sharing service and put the link to the album in the description.

Flickr doesn't take much to get started.

#82 9 years ago

Out of interest, why would you use plastic leg protectors for such a rare machine?

These proto machines not a decal cab?

#83 9 years ago

That's a beautiful pin...Piece of history right there.

#84 9 years ago

Reserve price was just lowered.
-mof

#85 9 years ago

To 10k?

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Von_Drehle:

Out of interest, why would you use plastic leg protectors for such a rare machine?

I would want pics without these on for sure.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah I know a lot of people who love Funhouse.....I'm just not one of them. I'm sure the buyer will be very happy (and the seller).

im the same, never liked Funhouse...

but damn, that machine looks minty fresh.

#88 9 years ago

Looks like the reserve has been hit . It's at $7348 with no reserve now.

#89 9 years ago

Yup! Looking good!

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Von_Drehle:

These proto machines not a decal cab

Someone put new decals on that machine .

#92 9 years ago

I don't believe the protos were decaled. Atleast the one I have was not decaled. I did have to sand the old one down and put new decals on it though and I was able to get the proto decals printed as they are different than the stock run.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Set up an account at a photo sharing service and put the link to the album in the description.
Flickr doesn't take much to get started.

Thank you, Koz

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Von_Drehle:

I use the protectors on every machine I have whenever possible

Thank you, Koz

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Someone put new decals on that machine .

WRONG. Cabinet is original, screened

Thanks, Koz

#96 9 years ago

WRONG. Cabinet is original, screened

It just looked like it with the bolts sucked into the front of the cabinet and the small tear from the lock down bar.

Very nice cabinet. GLWS

#97 9 years ago

I am still amazed at how many pinheads really have no idea what it takes to restore a machine. This machine is amazing and worth the 7500 ( and yes I know it is not restored but it is a mint original prototype). Any more than that means more than one person wants this rare piece, I'm not surprised. But pinheads trip over themselves to spend 7500 on TWDLE and STLE etc. and dog this going over 7500. Ya I too want a FH fully restored with new cabinet decals CC playfield new plastics and ramps etc. I will give you 4000, that should do it right? I mean you should lose 500.00 on the parts and not to worry the 100+hours you spend restoring it, they should be free

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I am still amazed at how many pinheads really have no idea what it takes to restore a machine. This machine is amazing and worth the 7500 ( and yes I know it is not restored but it is a mint original prototype). Any more than that means more than one person wants this rare piece, I'm not surprised. But pinheads trip over themselves to spend 7500 on TWDLE and STLE etc. and dog this going over 7500. Ya I too want a FH fully restored with new cabinet decals CC playfield new plastics and ramps etc. I will give you 4000, that should do it right? I mean you should lose 500.00 on the parts and not to worry the 100+hours you spend restoring it, they should be free

its not about how much it costs to restore a game. The issue is people thing that putting in $X makes the game worth $X more than the normal one over what they paid for the base. That's generally not the way it works in most any hobby or business.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

its not about how much it costs to restore a game. The issue is people thing that putting in $X makes the game worth $X more than the normal one over what they paid for the base. That's generally not the way it works in most any hobby or business.

So a FH with a new playfield installed should increase the value what 700??? Because the seller should not get the full return on the 1000 they spent. And like I said the time it takes to swap it should always be free

NO!!! go buy a beater then, but wait you want a nice one but don't want to pay for it. The only thing your comment makes sense on is mods. I could care less about mods, so yes I tell people they can take them off.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

and yes I know it is not restored but it is a mint original prototype)

That little detail is not something to just dismiss.And when it's all said and done it's still just a FH.

Quoted from srmonte:

I mean you should lose 500.00 on the parts and not to worry the 100+hours you spend restoring it, they should be free

That's why it's called a hobby. If you truly want paid for work performed you should start a business and charge what you think you're worth. That doesn't mean I don't put a value on work performed on refurbished games by hobbyist(I've done my share of fixing up pins), but you gotta know going into this deal that you're probably going to come out in the red at the end of the day if you're counting man hours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 22.50
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-mint-prototype-on-ebay-wow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.