Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CapnARRR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Interesting problem for us to solve. My Funhouse seems to have a problem when midnight is reached with only one ball in the lock. As the one and only ball gets locked and and advances the clock to midnight, the game treats that ball as a drain, gives you your end of ball bonus and then loads the next two balls that are in the trough into the ball shooter lane. Any ideas? I dont think its a switch issue but more like a program bug. My manchine is L-5. Does L-9 take care of this or am I looking in the wrong direction.

#2 12 years ago

What happens if you play a multiplayer game and there are already balls locked?

Have you done a switch test? Sounds like it may be a flaky ball trough switch, but that is definitely odd behavior.

#3 12 years ago

When in multiplayer mode, the next player gets the two balls in the shooter lane. Yes, the switch tests are normal, but this problem is not consitent....it comes and goes. I thought it may be a ball trough switch as well perhaps on the same grid as a lock switch triggering the drain sequence. This problem seems to creep up more often at the 11:45 point with one ball triggering the 11:45 sequence but is treated as a drain. Odd indeed Dewey.
Just an afterthought....this only happens on ball 3 of 3. If in single player, the next started game starts with two balls being put in the shooter lane.

#4 12 years ago

I'm at L-9 and I've never experienced what you've described during 10 years of heavy play. Not saying your version is the problem necessarily, but I'd recommend moving to L-9 as a first step regardless. Of course, check all switches too. My $.02

#5 12 years ago

Ran a switch test today from the TEST menu and all came up good. I even manually closed the suspect trough and lock swithces to make sure they registered closed. All passed.However, while playing tonight the center trough switch failed open, thus the ball would not register a drain.I manually could not get it to close. The 11:45 drain sequence failure I was hunting did not surface.

I'll do the L-9 uprade as you say scott and obviously replace the center trough switch.....
Thanks Gents,
Mike

#6 12 years ago

Hope you get it worked out. Please keep the thread updated with your progressive.

#7 12 years ago

Think I found the problem.Ball trough wire A-8654, the last trough wire prior to the ball ejector, was being shoved just slightly to the right (as veiwed with the playfeild raised) so as to miss its micro switch. The micro switch is 2-3/8" auxiliary actuator blade type and my wire would get shoved just slightly past the end of the blade by ball 1 when ball 2 would enter the trough and rest against ball 1. Thus ball 1 would register, ball 2 would register but then move ball 1 and confuse poor Rudy into thinking ball 1 was no where to be found. Ball 1 would then be ejected by the ball ejector during the ball search, moving ball 2 into the last position and the actuator blade was now free to move back over the switch, register it and eject it into the shooting lane. To make matters even more complicated, the center lock switch was sticking mechanically against the board. Both problems were intermittent depending on ball speed over the swithces....fast in the trough moved the switch.....slow over the lock switch and it would stick.
So there you have it boys. I have adjusted both and no longer have any problems. I still bought chip L-9 and am waiting for it to arrive.
Thanks guys.
Mike

1 year later
#8 10 years ago

I'm having a very similar problem on mine and this sounds like the solution. Will take some pics and see if i can figure it out...

#9 10 years ago

So what you are saying... is that your Funhouse closes at midnight?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#10 10 years ago

Yeah something like that. That horrid talking head and I need to have a few words...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-midnight-shutdown-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.