• Latest reply 5 years ago by tlukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funhouse (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

On my FunHouse, if there are no balls locked, and you hit a hard shot into the hidden hallway, the ball doesn't lock, it just comes out. When I watch what's happening (photo attached), it appears the ball just slips through the area above the crescent lock mechanism. I've tested everything (the switches and solenoid) and I think everything is working correctly, it's just there is too much room above the crescent lock device for a ball to slip through. It's possible it's jumping up a little, but it's hard to see through all the layers of plastic. Does anyone have a fix for this? It's a lot of work to dissemble the playfield to get to that part, but it would be worth it if I could fix it.

funhouse (resized).jpgfunhouse (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Mine did that when I got it, and it turned out that over time the crescent lock had slipped so as to no longer be oriented correctly. Just had to loosen the shaft, turn it back a bit, and retighten. This was ten years ago so the details have faded but I don't think I had to disassemble ramps or anything, the adjustment was made from under the pf.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks! That makes sense. Looking at my photo, it does seem like the lock should be a little more vertical (in the picture that is). Didn't realize it was adjustable, since it's a long reach to the back of the play field.

#4 5 years ago

It’s a bit of a pain to reach, but it can indeed be adjusted without disassembling everything... the orientation has to be just right for the mech to work correctly. Make sure you test all conditions (one, two, three balls) after adjusting, and note that if one of the switches isn’t registering after rotating the mech, the mech isn’t the only thing you can play with - you can adjust the switches too if needed. Good luck!

#5 5 years ago

I've had to adjust this a few times. It's really a two person job. Pull the playfield out (you shouldn't have to disconnect any wires) and rest it sideways on the edge of the cabinet. Needless to say, be careful not to rest it on any of your playfield objects. Once it's out there's, plenty a room to reach it with your hand under the ramp. The other person helps hold the playfield and he/she can tell you when it's in the proper position.

This is way easier and quicker than removing the ramp to get to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-lock-issue?hl=tlukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.