Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140324_215409326.jpg
LED-Pop.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I want to brighten up the overall GI of my Funhouse. Not really into going crazy with LEDs everywhere but I just want it to be brighter overall throughout gameplay.

Any recommendations on what to buy and where to place them?

#2 12 years ago

Cointaker Frosted GI bulbs. They are available to purchase as a kit and they look great. Don't forget to put in the promo code PINSIDE upon checkout to get an additional 10% off.

#3 12 years ago

Bling it out 100% ,Frosted Whites for GI's , Color Matched Frosted's for insert's , 555 Warm Supers for 1 thru 11 on the clock , I left Reg- Glass 555's in the 5 thru 55 on the Clock , lOOked better ..

All 906 Flasher's are Color matched Super's .. etc,,,, CoinTaker Rule's !!!

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Bling it out 100% , Color Matched Frosted's for insert's , Warm Supers for 1 thru 11 on the clock ,

All 906 Flasher's are Color matched Super's .. etc,,,, CoinTaker Rule's !!!

also.. red frosted under the red plastics, orange just behind the mystery mirror hole, cool white frosted in the rest of the GI. 4+1 color matched in the pops. Stick with a regular bulb in the lamp on Rudy's face to keep him from looking like a Zombie.

#5 12 years ago

That's Rite bro .. It's Here in front of me and i Failed to mention that..

1 year later
#6 10 years ago

Hey guys, I wanted to pimp the bumper's light, what do you reco?
Also I took some leds with an arm, but the light look ugly for the holes, (it's too spotted to a point, and doesn't fill the hole very well) Do you know a trick to make it filling the whole hole and not an half of it?

thanks!

#7 10 years ago

Also I still have something bad :

Before the light is fully swtiched ON, there is a little light appearing...
I used noFlix leds...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I want to brighten up the overall GI of my Funhouse. Not really into going crazy with LEDs everywhere but I just want it to be brighter overall throughout gameplay.
Any recommendations on what to buy and where to place them?

I am doing a restoration now and picked up CT retro warm whites for the GI... but will be a few months till i am done. I dont think FH looks natural with all the bright cool colors most LED's have.. will be a challenge.

#9 10 years ago

Fh is the only ct kit I ever bought for my pins when I put it in it blew me away. It's like pinball In hd. But if you just want to do the gi I would grab frost whites, reds, and blues.

#10 10 years ago

I just led'd mine from the standard cointaker kit and I think it looks good. Not too bright at all...I am happy with the results.

#11 10 years ago

Hey guys, I wanted to pimp the bumper's light, what do you reco?

The Premium 2 LED non-ghosting look great in the pop bumpers. The ribbed sides helps diffuse the light and the flat half dome fits nice and makes it look like they belong there.

LED-Pop.jpgLED-Pop.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Does anybody know the difference between the led kit from ct vs Marcos beside the price ?
Getting ready to upgrade my funhouse.

10 months later
#13 10 years ago

Does anyone have a idea for the LED would be good for that spot under the left ramp? It stands out all by itself & just looks bad... I tried a frosted white... blue & red. The blue looked OK but I was hoping someone had a better suggestion. Thanks

IMG_20140324_215409326.jpgIMG_20140324_215409326.jpg
#14 10 years ago

just make sure you get the really nice clear LED bulbs under your sling covers near the flipper. you can only have 1 bulb under each one, and if you don't get those really nice bright whites, the playfield is dark.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Does anyone have a idea for the LED would be good for that spot under the left ramp? It stands out all by itself & just looks bad... I tried a frosted white... blue & red. The blue looked OK but I was hoping someone had a better suggestion. Thanks

IMG_20140324_215409326.jpg 345 KB

Maybe use a flex and experiment shining the light different directions? Other idea maybe trying a few other frosted colors like yellow, orange or pink frosted? They seem to all be a bit less intense. I agree that area tends to be a bit bright LED or not in there.

#16 10 years ago

My opinion.....dont put LEDS in the GI. You lose the dimming effect due to the LEDS. Stick with standard bulbs, unless you do not mind losing the feature.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

My opinion.....dont put LEDS in the GI. You lose the dimming effect due to the LEDS. Stick with standard bulbs, unless you do not mind losing the feature.

agreed, I put frosted whites in all of the GI on a Funhouse I was fixing up for my friend. Played it a few weeks and went back in a swapped them all back out for incandescent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 22.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-led-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.