Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KingDaddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1780.jpg
IMG_1759.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
funhouse4.jpg
funhouse2.jpg
funhouse3.jpg
funhouse1.jpg

#1 3 years ago

funhouse1.jpg
funhouse2.jpg
funhouse3.jpg
funhouse4.jpg

Well I did it. I found me a Funhouse here in Austin, thanks to the local club, a nice referral to a local operator. This machine is in remarkably good condition. The PF is filthy, but not very worn. I plan to fix up a short list of obvious things, play the hell out of it, then shop it during the winter where I'll take everything apart and clean it.

Here's my short list of things to do right now, and I'd appreciate any advice.
1 - Fix Rudy
2 - Rebuild pop bumpers, the switches are not tuned very well
3 - Adjust the slingshots
4 - Replace burned out lights with LEDs and experiment with different colors.
5 - Clean clean clean

I have found everything I need to know here on Pinside...
But here's a question about Rudy. The mandible assembly consists of a motor, that drives a gear that drives a sector gear (03-8470). How does the motor know when it's traveled the distance to the end of the sector gear? How does it not strip out the teeth when it reaches the end?

#2 3 years ago

Rudy looks awesome like that. lol

#3 3 years ago

I've never really looked at the motor closely, but the large stops on the sector gear limit the travel and help reverse the motion I believe. Its always a good idea to have a backup of both those gears (they're cheap) just in case Rudy won't shaddup and snaps a tooth.

#4 3 years ago

Ah man, I hope my wife doesn't see this (Brandon you better not link this thread to her ) She's been begging me for a FH and there was an operator that sold one locally. I'm so dead...

Congrats on your purchase.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ah man, I hope my wife doesn't see this (Brandon you better not link this thread to her ) She's been begging me for a FH and there was an operator that sold one locally. I'm so dead...
Congrats on your purchase.

ya gotta get her a FUNHOUSE !

#6 3 years ago

IMG_1728.JPG
Yeah this game was destined to be my first machine. And I'm having a ton of fun cleaning it up and working on Rudy. Ordered a few parts, and had a few in the coin box tray. Someone definitely "duck taped" a few pieces together which of course broke.

Here's a shot of a coil with broken solder and electrical tape. It was also frozen, so I just ordered 2 new coils for the eyelid mech.
IMG_1759.JPG

And here's the jaw mechanism. The motor drives the large black gear, which then drives the sector gear. The question I have and others have mentioned in youtube tutorials and such, is, how does the motor not keep trying to turn when we're at the end of the sector gear teeth? I wonder if the gear teeth get stripped a lot b/c of this.
IMG_1780.JPG

4 months later
#7 3 years ago

How is this going?

#8 3 years ago

I wish I could have kept mine now. I miss it and sold it for too little. Med bills suck.

#9 3 years ago

Picking one up tomorrow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside