• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Patnukem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

I recently got a funhouse...

A few issues I'm working through I could use input on. The lower GI is out... agh the bulb both wires to ground have 7.7vac but no lights or measurement between them. I also checked fuses and I see no burning on the connectors. Any ideas appreciated.

Rudy is also having issues with opening his mouth I think it's the transistor to reverse the motor.

Trap door does not want to close and steps diverter does not seem to be working.

Any direction appreciated! Thanks!

#funhouse

#2 7 years ago

Check burnt connectors for GI issue. You'll need to repin with trifurcon pins. Use new .156 molex as well .

#3 7 years ago

Replaced connector they kicked on for a little bit... worked on Rudy got his jaw to work then the lights died again. I suppose it could have been the could be the coin door short issue... but all the fuses look ok, does the door short a fuse out somewhere hard to find or less then obvious? Other suggestions.

Happy to report that is now the only electronic issue with the game!

#4 7 years ago

Did you change the header pins?

#5 7 years ago

I did... I get no voltage from the pins but continuity on the pin to the curcuit(just the pins in the lower GI other pins are all finctional voltage)

#6 7 years ago

There is definitely a board issue when I jump pin 6 to pin 5 I have lights again. So I suspect something broke in the circuit I do notice that the transistor and heat sink farthest to the left feels cold compared to other transistors.

#7 7 years ago

About halfway down when you open this link http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

Best diagram ever!!

#8 7 years ago

Finally found the issue. The last person who repaired the bord replaced the input header pins and one was not soldered on the top... resoldered and board is now giving power to the lower GI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-issues-lower-gi-and-a-few-others and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.