Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jimmyhonda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Can anyone help? I have 4-5 insert lights that always stay on that shouldn't? Thank you!!

#2 1 year ago

Can you list which ones? They might all be on the same row or column and would point you to which chip/transistor may be locked on.

#3 1 year ago

Both Special lights, lock, trapdoor.

#4 1 year ago

Time to let it go. Put it out to pasture. I'll take care of it for ya

#5 1 year ago

Surely you have the corresponding transistor open.Need to check it and replacing

#6 1 year ago

Sorry, new into the hobby. What's the transistor and how would I replace it? Thank you!

#7 1 year ago

Since the lights you mentioned are not on a common row or column of the lamp matrix, something else is going on. If the transistor for the row or column is open, the entire row or column won't light. If it's shorted, the entire row or column would be on all the time.

It's possible that the diode on the socket for each is shorted. That's somewhat rare and even rarer that 3 are shorted on. The two special lights are essentially the same light as they are both driven by the same row/column; so probably only 1 diode on one of the special light sockets. Check that diode, the one on the lock light and trapdoor.

I'd test the diodes on each socket to see if it's bad. Otherwise I'd check for some wiring that's grounded out on some metal somewhere under the playfield. That's where I'd start.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside