Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by McPin54
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

If anyone figures this out I'll be amazed!

Picked up a funhouse a few years ago that sat in a home most of it's life. Of course owner never changed batteries. Cleaned up acid on the board best I could, game was funtional with the occasional coindoor buttons acting goofy.

Finally had board professionaly fixed socketed and nvramed. And put in new rottendog driver.

Turn on game for the first time and can't get to boot. If I disconnect display cable from mpu game boots. I can actually play full game with no display. If I try to plug ribbon cable back to mpu game shuts down, but if I pull cable off it boots back up.

I had extra display with boards on it and same thing. New ribbon cable, same.

I'm guessing it's something on MPU? I've had my share of problems with new rottendog drives too.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

#2 5 years ago

I'd try a different MPU. If you can.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

like lloyd said, mpu. you can fix a battery damaged mpu only to have it fail again later. had it happen a few times. just cause you clean it up doesn't mean you got it all. but, i would say this... you cleaned the mpu, what do the connectors look like? if they got battery leakage on them, then they might need replaced

#5 5 years ago

Too funny

#6 5 years ago

The other one I have been seeing is alkaline damage from batteries dripping onto the connectors at the bottom of the board and working into and under the header

#7 5 years ago

Yes Deja Vu. I'm an idiot!
Zaza, if you were closer I'd at least buy ya a drink..............and try to convince you that I have a couple of brain cells.

Thanks once again my friend. If you see I have any parts or games for sale that you're interested in I owe you huge discount.

Thanks all that helped. Pinside is the best!

#8 5 years ago

: )

I knew that there was a post with a picture so searched for "J201 J204" to find out that it was you in the older topic as well.
Funny.

But I'll admit that I did the same with a funhouse' display cable as well. Lucky it doesn't hurt the machine.

cheers

#9 5 years ago

Ya, I showed my wife all this and it just confirmed what she knew.......you can tell me more than once and I still don't learn.

You're right about not causing harm. I'm lucky.

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-help-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.