You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0550 (resized).jpg
20190427_135507 (resized).jpg
20190218_123937 (resized).jpg
20190428_110926 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

IMG_0550 (resized).jpgIMG_0550 (resized).jpgThere's enough FH restoration threads so I'll give the short version. After 4 years of this thing sitting here collecting dust, I decided it was time to breathe life back into this poor thing. The playfield was less than desirable and the driver board needed fixed. I bought a NOS Williams playfield that was clear coated by Kruzman (wow that dude can freaking clearcoat!), the full new plastic kit, plastic protectors, cliffy post rubbers, cliffy ramp protectors, cliffy hole protectors, cliffy ball eject protector, cliffy rubber post guards, cliffy flipper return rails, new stand up targets, new ramps, LED's, GIOCD board, LEDOCD board, internal hole protector set and  lastly new glass. I had mylar put down for all ball drops and the right side VUK. Everything is protected and will look brand new in another 30 years. The cabinet is decent and while I would've loved to have had a full restoration done, the funds wouldn't allow it. I wanted to give a YUGE shout out to DJ Halverson who did the pf swap. His communication and quality of work is superb. If you're in the Portland Or. area he's your man. A grateful thank you to cliffy for his products and a big thanks to Herg for his boards. They are superb and absolutely mandatory. Allows the LED's to smooth out and appear as natural as an incandescent not to mention allows dimming of the GI during midnight multiball. The lighting in my gameroom sucks and does a huge disservice to the absolute beauty this thing is!

20190428_110926 (resized).jpg20190428_110926 (resized).jpg20190427_135507 (resized).jpg20190427_135507 (resized).jpg20190218_123937 (resized).jpg20190218_123937 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Nicely done sir- and embarrassing for me as my own Funhouse (the one that started the whole protectors thing) is still waiting restoration since '98! Happy to see you finally got yours restored as it deserves it! To me, when you say Funhouse you've said pinball!
PS- Chris did you put my enhanced flipper frames on there too? IIRC you got a set from me. Hope they make it play like or better than new

Oh yeah Cliffy I did put those on there as well. Thanks for adding to the ridiculous list of parts I put into this thing lol. Thanks for not making me feel bad about 4 years of downtime. Since 98? Holy cow man slow down and don;t be in such a rush or anything

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CLEllison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-giving-new-life?tu=CLEllison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.