6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3465 1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider provato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi there, once again I'm in need of an expert opinion on a problem I have with my fh pinball.

Problem: front playfield G.I. Strings (white-violet) burn the 5v fuse (F106) every time I turn the machine on.

History: all G.I. Was working fine on my machine (I have LEDs from comet installed) until Suddenly while playing the front playfield G.I. (Including coin door) turned off. I opened the backbox and found out that f106 tripped. I replaced the fuse but unfortunately it tripped again once I turned on the machine.

Diagnostics I've made so far: 1. I checked all lamps & wiring of the white-violet gi string. Everything seems perfect. 2. I checked to see if any soldering point was connected to ground. No such thing. 3. I Checked for continuity between the fuse holder edges on the Pcb (fuse off - machine turned on). The multimeter gave me a strange sound to my surprise!!! I turned the multimeter to measure VAC between the fuse holder's edges and it showed me 4,7 Volts AC!!! 4. I disconnected J119 & J121 which contained the white-violet G.I. Strings and now I don't have any voltage across f106 edges!

My thoughts on solution: maybe the triac Q12 shorted out??

Please guys I'm in desperate need of advice what to do next....
Thank you!

#3 6 years ago

I have the lever wrapped in electrical tape (as suggested in flippers.be) so I'm pretty sure they are not shorted (plus I checked with my dmm)

Anyway, I removed the small j119, turned the game on and... Tripped f106 again... good thing I have many 5a/250v fuses

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I had the same problem a couple of years ago. After adjusting the coin door lights everything went back to perfect

By adjusting you mean...?

#7 6 years ago

Ok here's what I tested now: I disconnected all coin door cables from coin door interface PCB and also disconnected j119. Still fuse trips

Edit: the only way the fuse does not trip is if BOTH j119 and j121 (that have the white-violet string) are disconnected from power driver pcb

#9 6 years ago

I'm not very bright with schematics.

Any idea which transistors are involved in this gi string? I'll check them one by one.

#15 6 years ago

Ok I'm at work now, give me a little time and I'll check the whole string again with dmm for shorts. Then I'll try turning the game on with no bulbs at all in the sockets, and I'll write back.

#16 6 years ago

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Thank you all you helped me a ton.

The problem was out of the pcb and in the g.i. string indeed..!

A lamp socket was shorted (its two legs were touching each other...). After I bent the legs outwards, f106 stopped tripping and all lights in the white-violet string are now lit!

See the photo I uploaded to see exactly where the problem was

IMG_3465 1 (resized).JPGIMG_3465 1 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider provato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-gi-problem?tu=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.