Topic Stats

• 218 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mot
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6bc0c70a08138c0bee95215cad8f83ac359cc5bd06b332b10e09479691e2b2c8[1].jpg
DSCN2937.JPG
DSCN2939.JPG
DSCN2936.JPG
DSCN2938.JPG
DSCN2935.JPG
DSCN2933.JPG
DSCN2934.JPG
DSCN2931.JPG
DSCN2932.JPG
DSCN2929.JPG
DSCN2927.JPG
DSCN2926.JPG
DSCN2924.JPG
DSCN2925.JPG
DSCN2909.JPG

There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago

Evan/Shane,
Keep us posted, this is the most intriguing restore project I've seen.. Maybe because of your age or maybe because you aren't too far out of my neck of the woods. You guys sure like OSU . Eagerly anticipating your next update...

1 month later
#102 5 years ago

Hello again, the Cabinet should be in soon and we are still waiting for the playfield to be available. Once the cabinet comes in I will start to post more pictures. Thanks for staying along and I will be sure to update you guys soon.

#103 5 years ago

Great news everybody! The fh playfields are being printed and will be available soon so work will start soon to finish it, stay tuned for pictures of the restorations...again.

2 weeks later
#104 5 years ago

Cabinets came in a couple of days ago and they look great! They all had very sharp edges and the paint was done very well. They all had the head cabinet latch and the mesh already installed. We ordered 3 Cabinets, Corvette, Funhouse (of course) and, TZ. Here are the pictures below.

DSCN2451.JPG DSCN2456.JPG DSCN2455.JPG
#105 5 years ago

My cabinet was very well done. Because of the long wait he gave us a free set of legs, and the decals were perfect. Down below is what it looked like.

DSCN2466.JPG DSCN2467.JPG DSCN2468.JPG DSCN2469.JPG DSCN2470.JPG
#106 5 years ago

Here are some pictures from a distance with and without the translite and screen attached.

DSCN2465.JPG DSCN2474.JPG
#107 5 years ago

nice ! how much was this cabinet with shipping?

#108 5 years ago

Hey, that's cheating - you are supposed to fix the cab and re-decal it for a real restoration!

I'm waiting for the FH playfields as well. Hope to see them soon.

Scott

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Hey, that's cheating - you are supposed to fix the cab and re-decal it for a real restoration!
I'm waiting for the FH playfields as well. Hope to see them soon.
Scott

Me too I have a Totan tore apart, and he has funhouse tore apart, plus I have corvette to do and a NGG to restore as we'll but my makeshift shop is full

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

nice ! how much was this cabinet with shipping?

Contact Paul at VirtuaPin He will give the information needed.

1 month later
#111 5 years ago

Today we did a lot of work almost a full day but now I can say that I only have the playfield left on the Funhouse. Sorry I did not get constant step-by-step pictures but what I can give is the final product. It is looking great and we tried something new this machine. We put all of the harnesses in a blue casing, and we repainted the transformer, It looks great! Our old Tumbler died last week so my dad got a new one, and an Ultrasonic cleaner. The new tumbler is HUGE, and the Ultrasonic cleaner is awesome for doing work that you don't want to do

Below are the pictures of what it looks like Now.

DSCN2585[1].JPG DSCN2586[1].JPG DSCN2587[1].JPG DSCN2588[1].JPG DSCN2589[1].JPG DSCN2590[1].JPG
#112 5 years ago

just found this thread and I am glad I did, great job Evan, you are an impressive young man, I can't wait to see the finished product, you keep up the good work and you will be able to stand back and say ,"Yeah I did that"

#113 5 years ago

Love the blue tubing. That cabinet is beautiful.. Nice work.

#114 5 years ago

Evan, GREAT JOB! Can I send you my Funhouse so you can restore it?

#115 5 years ago

Looking good Evan.

#116 5 years ago

Incredible work. Can't wait to see the final result!

#117 5 years ago

coming along great. I was going to say, if you were going to restore that playfield yourself. your in for an unpleasant treat. I've done about 20+ FH playfields, and they all suck. PIA field to do.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

coming along great. I was going to say, if you were going to restore that playfield yourself. your in for an unpleasant treat. I've done about 20+ FH playfields, and they all suck. PIA field to do.

I've just finished mine - and ended up buying a repro playfield. Couldn't get about 5 of the posts out of the old one as they had fused to the retainers underneath. Happy with the new playfield, and got it clear coated.

#119 5 years ago

Thanks for all of the replies. Yeah that playfield has had better days and I really liked the blue tubing too. I thought it fit the game quite well. My dad is a bit better than I am so you can ask him haha.

#120 5 years ago

Where did you get your cabinets and playfield?

Thanks

#121 5 years ago

Looking great!

#122 5 years ago

Wow, keep up the good work! Looks great!

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Where did you get your cabinets and playfield?
Thanks

My cabinet is from VirtuaPin and I haven't gotten a play field yet

#124 5 years ago

If anybody wants the old cabinet pm me so you can come and get it.

#125 5 years ago

Got the Chrome in on Thursday and in looks Fantastic! I tried to get a picture but the chrome was so shiny it shows the flash. The machine looks playable until you look inside of the cabinet, but hopefully we can get the playfield in soon. Below are the pictures of when we got the chrome and what it looks like on the machine.

DSCN2593.JPG DSCN2604.JPG DSCN2606.JPG DSCN2607.JPG
#126 5 years ago

Wow!!!!

Those cabinets look amazing! VirtuaPin makes really nice cabinets!

Where did you get the chrome done? I want to send off my crummy old coin door.....

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Wow!!!!
Those cabinets look amazing! VirtuaPin makes really nice cabinets!
Where did you get the chrome done? I want to send off my crummy old coin door.....

lurch you cant go wrong with sending anything you need chromed to Mike Chestnut hpu@comcast.net .

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

lurch you cant go wrong with sending anything you need chromed to Mike Chestnut hpu@comcast.net .

Thank you very much..... i will reach out to him!

Dare is ask what this cost?

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Probably around 750 or so - at least that's what everything on the cab in brass costs - don't know if chrome is cheaper though.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Before I sent my parts to Mike to be chromed I went to two local plating places near me. Mike's price was a lot lower than the other two places and his turnaround time was 2 weeks where as the one local place told me 2 months and the other was 30-60 days! Mike also did prep work that neither of the places did! You cant go wrong with Mike!!!

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Before I sent my parts to Mike to be chromed I went to two local plating places near me. Mike's price was a lot lower than the other two places and his turnaround time was 2 weeks where as the one local place told me 2 months and the other was 30-60 days! Mike also did prep work that neither of the places did! You cant go wrong with Mike!!!

Always assuring when people come out to recommend someone! I will shoot him an email later today.

Mat

#132 5 years ago

Lady's and Gentlemen we have reached our goal... umm sorta. It is working and lighting up but there are some parts missing such as a playfield and everything on it, but who needs that anyways it's not too important right? Anyhow, we just finished installing the speakers and the cabinet is done. The playfield should be out by October and once we get that I will be working 24/7 to finish this game. The backbox is lit up poorly and I apologize but we just put in extras that my dad had to prove a point. Below is the working, not really, but kind of machine.
DSCN2614.JPG
DSCN2615.JPG
DSCN2616.JPG
DSCN2617.JPG

#133 5 years ago

Oh is that nice, so clean you could eat off of it. All games should come with that tubing to hide the wires.

#134 5 years ago

Very nice! Keep it up kid.

#135 5 years ago

I tried to email Mike at hpu@comcast.net but it bounced bacK. If anyone has his contact info, please PM or reply. Thank you.

Your Funhouse looks great, the skills you are learning will take you far in life and apply to more than pinball. Great Job, can't wait to see the finished product!

3 months later
#136 4 years ago

Hello everybody. Remember me? Yeah well I have confirmation that we have a play field and machine will be chugging along and should be done by January 16... Pics will go up tomorrow and I hope you like pictures because there will be a lot.

#137 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

#138 4 years ago

Hey, Jan 16 is my birthday, and you knew just what to get me!

This is looking great, keep up the good work!

#139 4 years ago

Hello today we not only got a new light and new tools but we also started work on the play field!
We got some posts in , put in all of the T nuts, and we have Rudy moved on already. The play field looks great and pictures can't explain how good it looks to anybody.

DSCN2854.JPG DSCN2856.JPG DSCN2858.JPG
#140 4 years ago

Hey glad to see that someone near my age has more motivation then me, I brought myself an EM machine for my 16th and haven't done anything really for two years, I have seen hope for the future of the hobby and seeing this it has inspired me to restart doing my pin

best regard

LJB

#141 4 years ago

Is it a newer run Mirco playfield? Did they fix the length on these?

I can't remember if it was either them or IPB that had issues with the playfield being too long or something on one side, by like 1/8", IIRC.

Sure does look purty though!

#142 4 years ago

I have a newer run Mirco FH playfield and it fit in fine so I think he fixed the issue with it being too long.

#143 4 years ago

At this point in time we do not have much further to go. We got parts in yesterday so we have been working since this morning (Snow Day). We have ALL of the posts on and we have on the head and now we are starting on the bottom side because we can get that completely done with the parts we have now.

DSCN2865.JPG DSCN2867.JPG DSCN2868.JPG DSCN2871.JPG DSCN2872.JPG
#144 4 years ago

Starting to look like a game again

Nice job

Keep it up!

#145 4 years ago

Great job, keep it up! Been wanting to do a restore for a while now...I'm jealous!

#146 4 years ago

Looking good. Super work. You will be stoked once it is done.

Having done one of these myself, I want to mention that you should check that a ball will run through all of the metal ball guides before you put any more on that playfield. From memory, there is one area that is super-tight and needed adjusting on mine to allow travel.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

Looking good. Super work. You will be stoked once it is done.
Having done one of these myself, I want to mention that you should check that a ball will run through all of the metal ball guides before you put any more on that playfield. From memory, there is one area that is super-tight and needed adjusting on mine to allow travel.

i think its the hidden hallway but i may be wrong.

#148 4 years ago

Just found this thread and glad I did! Awesome to see a 13 year old not only interested in pinball, but interested in a long term project, such as a complete tear down restoration, which is rare nowadays. I look forward to the completion of the project, and hope to see many more to come! Bravo!

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Just found this thread and glad I did!

Me too! Awesome job Evan! Makes me want to stock (hoard) projects for potential future kids, excellent activity for a family of tinkerers.

#150 4 years ago

Today was a very pinball orientated day... If in case you want to know how much of it is pinball, look at my dads thread here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-feel-like-you-have-too-many-projects-at-once
But anyways just like on my dad's RS my mom hand painted Rudy and added a personal touch that makes my machine different then ANY other FH out there. The pictures are down below and Yes, that is our kitchen counter.

DSCN2873.JPG DSCN2875.JPG DSCN2874.JPG DSCN2889.JPG DSCN2890.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside