Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Saw this ad today on Pinside, certainly looks suspicous.

#2 6 years ago

You mean this ad? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51007 The ad in which the guy probably slaved away for hours to make it better than new? *Edit: Ah it's his first post and the other is a Williams Indy. Hrmmm. Well I would be a little more cautious.

#3 6 years ago

Yes, there are tons of scammers lately on Pinside. Most are pretty obvious, but some are getting sneaky. Had multiple phone calls this past week on a machine I had listed...one wanted to buy right away and pay via Paypal and have someone else pick it up (scam, also called from private # and wouldn't give me his number)...two saw my machine elsewhere (same pics) for thousands less and thought it was legit but managed to get ahold of me before sending money to the scammer.

Remember guys...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

#4 6 years ago

With the pictures stolen from our website thepinballcompany.com

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/funhouse-high-end-restoration/

#6 6 years ago

I pointed one out that there was an ad from a new member stealing the message body verbatim from another ad by a respected seller (pinny) and nothing ever came of it. Doubt this will lead to anything either.

#7 6 years ago

I live in Columbus, Ohio. Would love to go see this pin.

#8 6 years ago

There has been a scam here whereas youre invited to come now to pick up bargain game bring cash to a quite secluded house and you get jumped for the money

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

You mean this ad? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51007 The ad in which the guy probably slaved away for hours to make it better than new? *Edit: Ah it's his first post and the other is a Williams Indy. Hrmmm. Well I would be a little more cautious.

Yep, fake ad. It has been removed and the user has been banned. Some of these scammers are starting to get clever. It seems like it's worth their time to jump a few hurdles to gain access to a community like this with people who have deep pockets.

Quoted from Skins:

I pointed one out that there was an ad from a new member stealing the message body verbatim from another ad by a respected seller (pinny) and nothing ever came of it. Doubt this will lead to anything either.

Did you report it to a moderator directly? Or open a moderator feedback thread about it? Just mentioning it in passing in a random thread will not always bring it to our attention (and contrary to popular belief, we don't read *every* thread). I also don't generally pay much attention to ads that appear outside of my general vicinity.

So, if you spot a suspicious ad, feel free to contact us or open a feedback thread. Even if you're not quire sure or not if it's a legitimate ad, let us know anyway--we will investigate. You're not going to get in trouble or anything by reporting something. I don't like scammers any more than you do. It's in everyone's best interest to report it as soon as possible so that others don't get taken advantage of.

#10 6 years ago

The real crime is the asking $12,999 for a Funhouse in any condition.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Did you report it to a moderator directly

Yes

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

There has been a scam here whereas youre invited to come now to pick up bargain game bring cash to a quite secluded house and you get jumped for the money

This is very disturbing! Unfortunately it is becoming a reality these days it seems. Besides carrying a gun, I don't know how to defend against something like this. I guess never go alone, would be one. I have been to some pretty scary places to buy a machine. I am fortunate not to have had this situation.

#13 6 years ago

I recently did some work up at the Calaveras County Jail in San Andreas, CA; they have an area in the parking lot for Craig's List type transactions to take place. I've heard of other LEAs doing a similar set up.

#14 6 years ago

Hmm...I don't recall seeing the issue come up. Could you PM me the info?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-for-sale-for-3750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.