Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Durzel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've envountered a situation with the Funhouse settings buttons which are causing me some grief and can not find anything so I hope someone can point me in the right direction or may have a solution. I booted mine up and it had signs of a battery problem. Batteries were dead and I replaced them and when I went into my settings to reset the options i discovered that on the bank of four buttons for escape, volume up/down and enter my enter button is no longer responding to being pushed down preventing me from entering any type of options or test modes. is there an alternative way to get into the options menus? Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks for the help in advance. I can not find any information readily on line or on pinside to assisst me so any help on this is greatly appreciated. FunHouse

#2 4 years ago

Battery problem ( damage ) takes out the diagnostic stuff first.

Boards needs to be repaired or replaced. More than just cleaning.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Battery problem ( damage ) takes out the diagnostic stuff first.
Boards needs to be repaired or replaced. More than just cleaning.
LTG : )

Thanks for the advice LTG. I had done a complete cleaning after I removed the batteries and think I have a temporary fix with an off board battery holder which I had in my stock and I have my diagnostics back for the time being. Do you know if there is a decent batter replacement solution for the platform which would replace AA batteries altogether? Will removing and resoldering the components help? I do see some acid which was removed with a solution which should negate the acid damage. Not too much of an issue as it was very slight and I believe it was from the previous owner as this current situation i had only resulted in dead batteries and no additional damage was observed when i removed the board. Game has been playing well for a few years.

#4 4 years ago

Damage is damage. Removing the acid (properly) will stop it causing more damage as time goes on, but if it has already compromised traces or components then they will need to be repaired.

As LTG said, sadly, diagnostic buttons not working is the classic early sign of acid damage.

#5 4 years ago

All my pins have lithium batteries in them. I find it to be the easiest solution for eliminating any battery leakage.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

All my pins have lithium batteries in them. I find it to be the easiest solution for eliminating any battery leakage.

I have my buttons working correctly and have to replace a battery holder on the board. Keep getting factory settings are reset when I power up. Dont know if thats because of the battery adapter I have not making proper contact with the existing battery holder or if its something more. I set the time and free play back up but unfortunately it is not sticking at the moment.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Damage is damage. Removing the acid (properly) will stop it causing more damage as time goes on, but if it has already compromised traces or components then they will need to be repaired.
As LTG said, sadly, diagnostic buttons not working is the classic early sign of acid damage.

What would you suggest to remove the acid properly? I have used rubbing alcohol as a first pass.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Admiral688:

What would you suggest to remove the acid properly? I have used rubbing alcohol as a first pass.

I'm not an expert I'm afraid, there are some threads on here that give info about it (on phone and out so can't easily find)

But the main point is that the acid can irreplaceably damage traces and components, so even if you clean up the acid you'll still need to repair the damage done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-enter-button-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.