You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0264 (resized).JPG
IMG_0259 (resized).JPG
IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Looking for some opinions on how to adjust the funhouse disc. Old disc was very worn so I bought a new one. I am hoping to fix issue of fast balls blowing through lock. When I put new disc in I was surprised how tight the circle is. In that when adjusting I have to either have a little of the disc sticking out in relaxed position or a little of disc hanging out in extended position. I choose to adjust such that disc in relaxed position nothing is in ball lane. When extended there is a little bit that can catch the ball. When I move disc manually it seems to eject ball fine. See picture below. Playfield is out of machine as I am putting finishing touches on playfield swap. I am very interested in how other have adjusted new disc. So much easier to adjust and get it right when playfield not in machine.

IMG_0260 (resized).JPGIMG_0260 (resized).JPG

IMG_0259 (resized).JPGIMG_0259 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

The second picture is how the disc should sit when catching balls. The first picture is about how it should be when ejecting them.

This whole mechanism is nothing more than a flipper. Instead of a flipper bat you have that moon disc. You loosen the pawl nut to rotate and adjust that disc.

The absolute biggest issue with this whole mechanism is the return spring. It needs to be stiff enough to catch fast moving balls but weak enough to allow the plunger and pawl to rotate. A standard flipper return spring is too weak. You have to get a fairly sturdy extension spring and play around with shortening it to increase tension. May want to get a few in case you mess up.

#4 7 years ago

For this assembly, the manual shows a system 11 style flipper mech with a compression spring around the plunger (between the pawl and coil). I swapped mine out for the external WPC style return spring and used an extension spring that was a bit too weak to hold a fast moving ball. I kept cutting it shorter to provide more force to reach that spot where it would catch the ball. I remember putting in a really stiff spring that I had kicking around. It definitely caught the ball; but was too strong for the mechanism to rotate to release locked balls.

#5 7 years ago

This is the biggest pain in the ass to adjust on FH. I just had to keep tweaking and tweaking, using a stick to reach under all the ramps to push the wheel a fraction of an inch further, then tightening and testing in gameplay. And as soon as you think you've got it, you realize you didn't tighten the nut enough and it goes out of adjustment.

#6 7 years ago

I just live with it on my game. It's not a difficult game so bounce outs make it just a little more challenging. I do wish there was an easier fix for it and the mechanism wasn't so damn hard to access.

#7 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for you response. Based on comments I added an extra spring to the disc coil. Works great ball locks every time. One caution to everyone. Make sure you tighten the clamps around the rods on flippers and toys. I spent a lot of time adjusting flippers and toys on rotessier only to have to do it all again after one play. See machine below after one play notice how flippers loosened up.

IMG_0264 (resized).JPGIMG_0264 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-disc-adjustment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.