Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150516_225234350.jpg
IMG_20150516_225212554.jpg
IMG_20150516_222756203.jpg
IMG_20150516_220738327.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Anyone ever use these? I've noticed some pretty hard shots coming off of the S-T-E-P targets with a few airballs as well. I wondered if these actually do anything to reduce the shot intensity without altering gameplay.

Let me know if you use them and if they're worth it. I'm going to order a few parts soon and want to know if I should add them. Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Do you mean the foam that goes behind the targets? I don't think I've seen a game that didn't have those for all standup targets. If they're not there, it probably means they got old and disintegrated away. Not sure what the long term impact of not having them would be, but I would think the shots would turn into unsatisfying thuds that mostly kill the speed of the ball.

Every time I've put new rubbers on a game, I replace these - and it always results in *increasing* the speed at which the ball returns after striking the target.

#3 9 years ago

Sorry, let me clarify. I meant these ebay.com link: FUNHOUSE Pinball Machine Mod Target Cushioned Decals SALE

I've had some wicked shots where the ball just goes ballistic off of the targets and onto other parts of the playfield, making me cringe when I hear the smack of the ball on top of them. Wondering if these will help reduce the amount of force without making the ball die out after hitting them.

#4 9 years ago

never seen those! they look pretty cool

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Sorry, let me clarify. I meant these ebay.com link » Funhouse Pinball Machine Mod Target Cushioned Decals Sale
I've had some wicked shots where the ball just goes ballistic off of the targets and onto other parts of the playfield, making me cringe when I hear the smack of the ball on top of them. Wondering if these will help reduce the amount of force without making the ball die out after hitting them.

Not my cup of tea. Bu make sure your targets aren't bent back, and the foam is installed. Shouldn't be too bad, but you might wanna check to make sure you have the right flipper coils installed as well.

#6 9 years ago

I have had the same problem and was also wondering how those work. They seem pricey but may be worth it, depending.

#7 9 years ago

Pinball Resource sells reinforced B/W Targets, they're much stiffer like the newer Stern Targets
The B/W Targets are prone to getting bent back over time due to their much smaller PF mounting bracket.
The PF Brackets will eventually break if you keep straightening them.

3 weeks later
#8 8 years ago

So I pulled the trigger on these. I figured "What the hell. I'm tired of looking at plain targets anyway."

They're a little tall so we'll see if they bend at the top over time, but the adhesive seems to be up for the job. I played a bunch of games and noticed a slight change in gameplay, but that might be because of the new foam I placed behind the targets as well.

Overall I like the way they look so I don't feel bad about buying them.IMG_20150516_220738327.jpgIMG_20150516_220738327.jpgIMG_20150516_222756203.jpgIMG_20150516_222756203.jpgIMG_20150516_225212554.jpgIMG_20150516_225212554.jpgIMG_20150516_225234350.jpgIMG_20150516_225234350.jpg

3 weeks later
#9 8 years ago

Hey this is Chris you bought those from me on Ebay,they look good,just so you know if you ever have an issue let me know as Im here to take care of you....I can also make them a little smaller if need be for you.As you can tell they are not cheaply made and they do not change the gameplay,however they do help calm the ball down on extremely fast shots.All my decals come with a 100% Money back guarrantee....So if people dont like them they can return them and get their money back.Thanks for your business!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 22.50
$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-cushioned-target-sheilds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.