Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BCN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just put in a new display board that works fine. But now my lights for my gangway, steps, shoot again don't work. I found a connector with one yellow wire and one red wire, with the red wire pulled out looks like it connects into J136. I connected back into J136 on the board, but the lights still do not work. Can somebody please point me in the right direction??

#2 11 years ago

Hello newbie.
The red wire is not simply red. It has a tracer color on it too.
Consult your manual. It will list the connectors and the wire colors at J136. With the game OFF, you'll need a small flat blade screwdriver to stuff the wire back into the IDC connector at the correct location. You may have to remove the bit of wire that broke off and might still be stuck in the connector.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 11 years ago

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. The wire is red with grey stripe. I put the wire back into the connector with no result. I then wired directly on the pins and also got no result. When I got the game, I got it with no booklet. Can't figure out why just those lights went out, and nothing else is wrong with the game.

#4 11 years ago

You can download the manual here: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=966

#5 11 years ago

Are those three the only lights that don't work or is an entire row or column out (see page 2-37 in the manual)? You need to be exact on which lights are out (use lamp test diagnostics to test) for us to help you. Which gangway light, there are several? What is the secondary color on the yellow wire?

The red/gray wire looks like it should probably go to J133 pin 9 (same page in the manual referenced above). If that is the case though an entire row of lights would be out.

#6 11 years ago

Just checked J136 on my Dracula. Pin 3 is yellow/gray, pin 2 empty and pin 1 is key.

For future reference don't reinstall a loose wire unless you're abolutely positive where it goes. Very ugly things can happen if the wire's placed in the wrong spot.

#7 11 years ago

Terry,
all of column 1 lights are the ones that are out. Looks like yellow grey. and there is a red grey wire which is the one that pulled out that is zip tied from the factory to it. Yellow is the first pin, and the second one is now empty. If I look at J136 on the board, it has two pins next to each other. The connector is a three wire deal.

#8 11 years ago

The only wire that should be on J136 is the yellow/gray wire on pin 3. The red/gray wire should go on J133 pin 9. This is available in the Funhouse manual on page 3-16. When in doubt consult ipdb.org, look up your game and download the manual, they almost always have game wiring tables/diagrams with this info in them and the wire color code will help you match it up.

#9 11 years ago

I agree with thompso9 100%, but...

There are two red/gray wires in that area. One goes to J133 pin 9 and the other (the one that is wired tied with the yellow/gray wire on my Dracula) goes to J134 pin 9. One of those two connector/pin combos should be empty and that's where it goes.

#10 11 years ago

You're right terryb, the manual has a typo and calls both the cabinet and the playfield connectors J133. That should have set off a warning bell in my head...

#11 11 years ago

Thanks guys. Just looked at J133 and J134. Both are smaller pin connectors, with nothing attached. I looked at the board, and where J136 is plugged in, the board is marked Lamps Columns. I insterted the wire back into the plug, and Pluged it in, but still have no lights just on column 1. Driving me crazy. The lights are all the gangway values, Steps open, and shoot again that do not light. I even disconnected the new display board to see if they light up because this is the only thing I changed, and still no luck.

#12 11 years ago

I'm confused. Are you saying that J133 and J134 have no connectors attached? Where did you insert the wire (provide connector and pin number)? A photo would be great at this point.

#13 11 years ago

I will post a pic soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-control-light-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.