Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Ive isolated one of the coin door sockets as causing a short and taking out the lower gi string fuse. When I was going through the game, i saw a wire was broken off one of the sockets on the coin door so I soldered it back on and it immediately blew the fuse when I turned the game on. Guess the previous owner cut the wire off on purpose and didn't bother to replace the socket.

Anyway, I cant find the part number for the 44 socket, not shown in the manual. Does anyone know what it is so I can get the correct one installed.

Thx

#2 7 years ago

Part number is 27-1084, but those seem to be out of stock everywhere. Stern's part 077-5005-00 (www.pinballlife.com) is a close substitute.

#4 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys. What causes the 44 socket to go bad and cause a short? It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Luckily i finally remember i repaired the socket, but it cost me like 5 fuses to get there. Can they be tested with a meter?

#5 7 years ago

They can be tested with a meter. Disconnect one wire, remove the light bulb, and test across the contacts.

GI sockets do not have diodes.

Usually these short because of contamination (usually solder flecks)

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

They can be tested with a meter. Disconnect one wire, remove the light bulb, and test across the contacts.
GI sockets do not have diodes.
Usually these short because of contamination (usually solder flecks)

Across the contacts, I should or shouldn't have continuity? Currently, with wires attached, all gi sockets have continuity across the two lugs.

#7 7 years ago

Disconnect the wires from both terminals of the coin door lamp socket and remove the bulb too. Now with your ohm meter set to it's highest resistance scale (on an analog meter) and connected across both socket terminals, there should be NO continuity. In other words, it should read very very high resistance.

If you see continuity or low resistance, the socket is shorted.

Generally, the sockets go bad from the center terminal insulator shrinking/breaking over time (old age) or the socket shell crimp breaks free and the socket shell flops around and shorts to the mounting frame.

#8 7 years ago

You have to remove the bulb and ONE contact's wires.

Otherwise you'll be measuring across the GI circuitry in the power driver PCB, which probably will read as shorted.

Only by removing all the wires from one of the contacts can you isolate the bulb socket from the rest of the wiring harness.

Removing the bulb will also help eliminate any false readings caused by the bulb filament.

To be thorough, you should test the socket without the bulb, test the bulb itself, then test the socket with the bulb installed. All three tests should show no short.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-coin-door-socket-part-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.