20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

got my funhouse from a local operator for $2800. had the playfield swapped, added leds, pinscore display, funhouse lamp shade etc. now 2.0 with dmd ? cant wait to hear more about it !!!

6 months later
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

What are the best mods to do to the game? I am particularly interested in HOME ROMS and a TOPPER but have no idea about either.

pingraffix is supposed to be releasing a new apron and sideboard decals for funhouse.... cant wait to see them !

6 months later
#91 8 years ago

check to see if the metal ball lock is loose and moving out of place when balls enter the hidden hallway. i had this issue with mine but ,the balls didnt jump over it.

2 weeks later
#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have had FH in my lineup for nearly 8 years. My wife hates Rudy, but she's learned to live with him. This game holds it's own against dmd titles any day. Really. It's a WPC game that just happens to have an alphanumeric display. Unless you just absolutely have to look at animated cartoons on the display to enjoy a game, you won't miss the dmd one bit. A true classic and a keeper in my book.

Your wife doesn't like Rudy???...how can that be? My wife loves Rudy!...get yourself a hot dawg!

2 months later
#192 8 years ago
Quoted from PatrickATX:

Having some weird midnight multiball stuff going on with my new machine. No telling what was done to it over the last 20+ years. But the usual lock ball, lock ball, then rudy gulp sequence gets confused and sometimes the balls are just released and rudy wakes up. Maybe this is how it's supposed to be if you don't do the rudy gulp quick enough, but there's other weird stuff going on with the ball locks that I can't quite pin point.
So started testing all the switches and noticed that in the manual the lock switches are like this:
IMG_1870.JPGIMG_1871.JPG
#25, #27, #28 (Lock Mech Right, Lock Mech Center, Lock Mech Left). According to the manual left is right and vice-versa. But when I test the switches with balls, my FH is set up #28, #27, #25 (Left to Right)
If things are flipped like this, I could see how the locking sequence would not work right. Can anyone confirm the proper switch configuration for me?

had a similar issue...but mine turned out to be with the locking disc moving and the balls not regersting correctly. just something to check.

5 months later
#248 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

3 months later
#317 8 years ago

Just freshing up Rudy a bit and came across this plastic behind the mirror. Is the correct?

1 month later
#343 7 years ago

Be advised there are at least 3 plastics that I remember that had to be tweaked as the mounting holes were off or not there at all

1 month later
#396 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey guys. I swapped the power driver board for a new rottendog one and insert lighting all working. So I have a hacked board that could likely be repaired. Anyone want to make a reasonable offer for it?
Next question: anyone have great sound improvement tips? Rudy's callouts are awesome but muffled and scratchy. I imagine that's pretty standard, so I'm hoping you have ideas to improve it. Thanks

Rudy sounds fine on my game and I've never heard anyone say that. How does the music sound?

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Huh. Music seems ok. But it's easier to "get" music. It doesn't have to be as clear to make out words. I'll listen more closely tomorrow.
Voice just seems a little am radio

Take a video and post it here.

1 month later
#409 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone know were I can get these game cards?

That apron cover was from Arcade Skin. It's no longer available.

5 months later
#447 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Pics from my newly acquired FH.
Gave it a quick wipe down (not that it was that dirty, but a little dusty in spots), Note: the S target stopped working (failed my manual test) so I replaced it with another standup destined for TZ that I had laying around until a new one arrives. Ramps were previously replaced and in general everything appears intact and in pretty decent shape.

Under the PF looks pretty good, subways were previously removed and cleaned

Not sure the signifigance of the serial#, but this is one of the sample machines.

1 of 2 areas of wear/issue on the PF, not sure what these little holes are from, but I confirmed when grabbing it that there are no holes or screws on the other side. Ball cant hit this area so i wasnt too concerned. Will consider touching it up down the road.

2 of 2: shooter lane could use a little love.

Not pictured, the steps shooter lane on the left side, I noticed when picking it up that it was a little dirty over there, however, did not notice that it had mylar there. Does not look to be damaged at all so I thought that was strange. Will contemplate down the road removing that strip of mylar to give it a good clean and touch up if needed.
In the process of ordering:
- Rubber kit
- Flipper rebuild kit (functions fine, but the return spring on the left is kind of weak, so i figured might as well have the kit on hand for parts + some extra springs)
- Steps stand up targets
- May pick up a few switches to keep on hand (trough, ramps, etc) but so far they all seem to work fine.
If I have missed anything let me know.

might want to pick up the round jaw gear while your at it. these commonly break.

1 month later
#519 7 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Bump!
I really would like to know about "language" jumper settings for Europe in a German machine (before I turn it on), if someone else has already run into the same situation as me...
btw, before I archive some official labels from this German funhouse I'd like to share some scans I've made (let me know if I break any rules by posting scans...). Here are the original "16-50003-1-Ger" and "16-8983-5" cards:

never saw this before !

2 months later
#576 6 years ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

Does anyone sell the lamp shade cover with "Funhouse" etched in it any more? I would love to pick one up. Thanks.

try pam at pinbits.com

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I just pulled apart and cleaned the parts of the mystery mirror, so this is on my mind -- What LEDs are you guys using in the mirror?! And did you go color-match LEDs or keep the rubber covers? (Or both)

Cointaker premium frosted in the same factory colors.

1 month later
#614 6 years ago

This is my first machine on this particular platform, just wasnt sure if there was anything else to check.
Any recommendations on a replacement? pinscore, xpin, rottendog?

I'd say pinscore. I've had one in mine for a few years now with no issues.

1 month later
#687 6 years ago

new never installed pingraffixs " coaster " pinblades $50.00 shipped ! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinblades-for-sale

2 months later
#758 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

100% working with new playfield.

Liking that apron decal!

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

That was on when I picked it up. Not sure where it came from. The picture does not look that great. Looks fantastic in person. The old playfield was really hammered!

I've got one on mine as well. It's from arcade skin who's no longer around. It was pulled by PPS because they didn't have the rights to produce them. I'd hang on to that if I were you ! Enjoy your new playfield !

6 months later
#978 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm up to about the same stage on my project. So many little things going wrong...I think my Rudy is real!

Are those Reese rails on there? Strongly recommend them.

2 months later
#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Just curious: Was there ever a definitive answer about the Sausage Bonus on the sample ROMs? Seems the question has been asked a lot, but not really answered.

What's the question?

2 weeks later
#1266 5 years ago

Just because...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

For those who thought my Rudy Legs mod was creepy before:
The adhesive gave out, and this is what is under my game right now...[quoted image]

What in gods name are you smoking???

1 month later
#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Does anyone have an IPB playfield installed in their Funhouse? I know nothing about the quality and workability of them. Can anyone give me an idea if they are a good option? Were they complete? Fully drilled and dimpled? Easy to work with, etc?

From what I read these aren't dimpled.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mine was/is dimpled too.

Are you guys sure it's a IPB?

3 months later
#1451 5 years ago

Having a problem where the ball will exit the wire form to the right opening and landing on the sling plastic . I've tired to reposition where the wireform mounts but it hasn't helped. Anyone?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1458 5 years ago

Only thing I could think of: maybe the ball is hitting the metal flap on the left side and bouncing out the right? I would pull the glass and hold a ball there to see.

I used the slow motion video as Elicash suggested and turns out you were correct! I slightly tweeked it and all is good. Rudy and I thank everyone who
Contributed !

1 week later
#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Hello all you crazy Funhouse owners! I recently designed, printed and hand-painted some switch covers for Diner that are very popular. A friend suggested they would look great on the Funhouse step ramp. Well they do and they fit just great. I am selling a set of 3 for $30 + shipping. I will deliver to TPF for free. Shoot me a message if you're interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually pretty funny!
Can you make them the the factory orange color?

4 months later
#1630 4 years ago

I'm in depending on price.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Mine does the same thing from time to time, especially with a fast shot into the lock area. Haven’t been able to fix it and there is very little wear on the cam. Adjusted a million different ways and still does it occasionally.

Make sure it's tight as possible.

3 months later
#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballJon:

Check this out!!! Tried to take a video but could only figure out how to upload pics, but it’s a board that lights up every bulb of the funhouse sign. It does the old carnival theme patterns and a few other cool patterns too; plus it’s interactive with the game! Just wanted to share [quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I get this?

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballJon:

It’s made my Arcade Upkeep. He only made a limited run, but they’re currently on his website

Thanks! Can you post pics and comment on instillation ?

1 week later
#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I recently installed a new mod into my Fun House pinball machine. The mod which is called Fun House Motion Marquee is created by a pinball company named Arcade Upkeep. The mod version showcased in this video is called the M3X Deluxe Board which is the more expensive model.
Blog Post:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/11/07/mods-fun-house-motion-marquee-mod-review-and-install-fun-house-pinball-video/
YouTube Video :
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks amazing ! Kind of pricy though as I'd be watching the ball in play rather than the translite .

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Ever seen a Mylar pattern like this? Any idea what’s going on here?[quoted image]

Looks like the Mylar has been bubbling for a while and the ball had made dimples in it.

2 months later
#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

stripped down my funhouse cabinet for restore.........any idea what the metal "L" bracket screwed to the insde back of the lower cabinet is for?

Pic ?

#1782 4 years ago

This is turning into a who's on first ?

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The one on the inside of the cabinet. Your decal is missing.[quoted image]

Ok so you do know that's not factory?

1 month later
#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Rudy face info based on inquiries has been sent via PM.

Who here is picking one up?

1 month later
#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from fundy_pinhead1:

Hi Folks. We bought our FH in December and it's in great shape, but one occasional problem I'm trying to get help with. When you've reached 11:30 and the lock is lit, a hard shot up the alley will sometimes go right through and not register or lock the ball (also won't give you extra ball if that's lit). I've run switch tests on the 3 switches and they seem to be working properly (close when the ball goes over them) and the solenoid test for ball release also seems fine. Could it be that the spring is weak and needs replaced? Or should the lock mechanism (the disc with the half-moon cut out) be adjusted so that it closes off more of the lane?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Tom

You can try to adjust the locking mechanism or you may need a new one. Over time these things take a beating . There was a recent pic of this posted somewhere in here .Make sure you get one that's already assembled.

4 weeks later
#2012 3 years ago

Rudy got a shot of B12 today with upgraded WPC flipper springs!

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

Shot of B12! How do you know is wasn’t as shot if iron, or magnesium, or maybe D. Lol. Rebuilt flippers make a world of difference. It’s one of the first repairs I do to new pins I pick up.

Well if you really must know, it was NZT !

1 month later
#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone use the starship main ramp? I had to remove the metal post thing that is on the left side to get it to remotely fit. Getting all the holes to line up is a challenge. I need to pull pretty hard on the right side but think it will work. Just afraid it will be a lot of stress on ramp. The top plastic cover holes are way off so keeping old one even though a bit yellowed. Should these just drop in?
[quoted image][quoted image]

This doesn't sound right to me . I bought one of these ( years ago ) and didn't have these issues. Did you contact Larry?

1 month later
#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmaniabh:

I am writing to share the restoration work on the Rudy toy from the Funhouse game, performed by an artist here in Brazil.
All of Rudy's face painting was done and I'm changing the playfield for a new one too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why does Rudy have a Reese cup on his head???

2 weeks later
#2241 3 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I like the idea but not so much the execution of it. I think those specific graphics on a clear water slide decal over the original clear plastic would be really neat. Can you share the graphics to the group?

I went back and forth with some ideas. Balloons, pop corn and if I'm understanding you correctly, your idea.
Pm me if interested wth what I've come up with.

2 weeks later
#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Sold.
2 heads are available.

How much are these shipped to the US?

#2269 3 years ago

4 weeks later
#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Yup, plastics are the challenge. Saw the $250 set of head front/back parts a few weeks ago, and every once in awhile an eye pops up for sale. Those are tough...

2 weeks later
#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Here is the video of how the harder shots push straight through the disk. The disk is low enough and the spring is new. Anyone have any thoughts how to correct this?

Thanks

You have this tight as possible I assume?

1 month later
#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hey Funhouse owners.... Has anyone else had this problem? I've never personally seen another Funhouse machine with this issue and I've had this issue for more than 12 years since I first got my Funhouse.

No matter how I position the ramp or level the machine, I still get this problem... the ball bounces out of the steps lane when it drops about 50% of the time. It is super annoying! I'd really appreciate some ideas of what might fix it.
Thanks in advance!
Brad O.

You can try and remove the blue pad. I don't have one on mine and have never had that issue.

#2404 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I did that and still had same issue. Remove the blue pad from the ramp. That or get a much thinner alternative.

Just saw your post !

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

One question to you funhouse owners. I have a rudy for 3 month now being my first pinball machine. I do not have much practice on other machines.
The game is set to factory settings with extraball for special an maximum of 3EB per ball in play
It plays extremely fast with clearcoated playfield and stronger flipper coils.
So i'm at around 2000 games now and have had a good progression. In the beginning a good game was around 4 million. It took 1000 games to get frequent scores in the 10million region, concentrating more on multiball and extra balls. Also get used to dead flips and live /drop catches on the way
After 2000 games i consider 10million a fail. However right now i seem to somehow plateau at 25million frequently with some 30, few 40 and a highscore of 53million and alot alot of 10mil
Its really hard for me to stop playing until getting at least 25million at the same time i do not improve since 500 games or so...
Is it normal to still have a lot of 8 to 12million games when advancing to above 30million more frequently. On some days i can play an hour without success with only bad scoring which leaves me frustrated feeling like i should leave pinball alone. The next day i reach 35million on the first game...
Would you consider funhouse a tough game compared to other games in terms of ball times / drains?

Sounds like your overthinking it...Just have fun!

#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

This is definitely true. I want to have fun but sometimes this thing makes me angry or keeps me awake too long until i have a good game... i think this is somehow a good characteristic for a pinball game, i just love and hate Rudy.
In the beginning it was definitely frustrating, but now i mostly love it. Maybe not the best game to begin with.
My wife lost interest pretty quick and i think this is because of the difficulty. It can give you hard drains non stop...

You can tweek the settings a bit to make Rudy a tad friendlier. Especially having the special to lite in the first round. This will light a extra ball in the outlanes to help with the side drains.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from pablotorres:

There's a lot of things that add or multiply points, like million with the Rudy mouth. Exploit as possible.
Here a video with a 8 years old boy doing 25.9 millions with the first ball.

That little guy is a better player than me!

4 weeks later
#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That pin is a press fit and shouldnt be ablr to be removed by finger pressure. You will need a new part.
Get the spring, and if you are missing the centering flange get that as well. It worked because the weight of the eyelids was probably enough to pull the plunger up, but could easily stress the eyelids. Not having the centering flange will break eyelids as well.

Can you post a pic of the centering flange?

#2492 3 years ago

Thanks but I should have said... Can someone post a pic where this is located? I actually think I may not have one installed.
Is this even possible? Can't have Rudy be unhappy with me!

1 month later
#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I happen to have some Rudy parts that I have collected over the years.
My rudy was a little worn from being routed for years, as well as a ton of operator hacks.
My spare Rudy could also be freshened up a bit.
I replaced the jaw motor,jaw motor link,nyliners, eyelets, double post, coils, plungers, centering ring, coil stop, eyelids,eye links, eyes, jaw, torsion bar, springs, jaw motor bracket and eye crank with rivets.
I also replaced the upkicker bracket with the one from mantis, as well as the jaw springs, coil stop and coil.
Modfather is doing the repaint on the faces as an OEM style.
The main head bracket is in good shape and the coil studs are like new. I replaced the fish paper on it.
I have a complete spare Rudy head and a spare back, it will also be restored with new parts.
Rick has hired Larry at starship fantasy. He is remaking funhouse faces and backs later on for everyone. Possibly this year.
Right now hes working on roadshow faces and backs.
I also replaced the connectors/pins with OEM original ones and color correct wire.
The 5 circuit molex is tough to get as its NLA from molex, but I found them.
After everything was new, I felt that the eye action wasnt snappy enough, the eyes moved slightly with vibration. It works fine, just that with the torsion spring it could be a bit snappier.
So, since I had a crank liner left over from roadshow, I put it in.
Way snappier action, as it presses a little more on the torsion bar more.

Awesome! Sounds like you left nothing untouched. Rudy must be very happy !

#2528 3 years ago

Im doing a super high end restore.
Basically all new parts in the game including cabinet, CPR backglass and playfield.
I did a similar treatment to my DW.
I find that super high end restores play better.
And with a little care, adjustments and tweaks, better that NIB.

Please post some pics! Better yet...start a thread !

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is also an option. The plastic crank is not durable, hopefully this is a long-life version:
https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/plastics/30783/crank-roadshow-funhouse

Looks like a nice option !

#2540 3 years ago

PPS is supposed to be selling these soon

3 weeks later
#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Got the pinball pin.stencils. put them all on but the pipes. Those didn't really fit for my personal preference but the rest are great accents to the game

I like the admit one ticket!

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Got the pinball pimp decals put them all on but the pipes. Those didn't really fit for my personal preference but the rest are great accents to the game

I didn't see these on the pinball pimp site.
Also ... Your bumper caps aren't in the correct locations.

1 week later
#2604 3 years ago

Looks super nice! What brand of decals and what did modfather do?

#2606 3 years ago

The game has all new parts, pinsound, motion controk with shaker, CPR glass, 100% LED's, GI-OCD, LED-OCD.
New cabinet, playfield, ramps, armor, legs, pinball-pro speakers, NOS plastic set, older clear starposts that I had not the new bluish ones etc..., titan rubbers, perfect play flipper rubber.
All new parts in Rudy's head, coils, plungers, rivets, jaw and eyes. Everything except the metal box and face.
Silk screened decals I think from classic arcades.
Modfather painted Rudy's face. It was very sun burned and I wanted to change him up a little.
Im very happy with his new look.
The game plays like a dream!

Well done !

1 week later
#2688 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#

It might look better than the flat williams ones?

NO!

#2691 2 years ago

Ok. Installed the ball shooters.
It doesnt look half bad ![quoted image][quoted image]

Yes it does !

#2693 2 years ago

Lol!
Maybe get the modded red and yellow balloon ones?
I havent seen them in person.

Why ruin a great restoration ? It's your game though...

#2716 2 years ago

Pinballgoddess nixed my ball shooter ideas.
So, back to normal, lol.
Maybe ball shooter rods on Taxi?
[quoted image]

At a boy !
What's brand of decals are those ? Looks great!

#2721 2 years ago

Pinballgoddess said, and i quote:
"Those look stupid..."
She is the art director on my projects and has a pretty good eye for detail. I defer to her judgement.
Screened Next gen decals from marco 8 years ago lol.
I have another set of phoenix ar arcade id like to use, but i have to find another project or broken game.
So, let me know if you see one!

You could have just listened to me!

Another set for FH?

#2755 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:If its completely missing you need to get a few parts.
dmacy has a list on one of his resto threads.
Thats what i used to replace mine.
I bought the cliffy shade and the complete cliffys kit for $120 including the new lane guides.
But there are others.
I also replaced all the 4 scoops with mantis higher quality ones, as well as the mirror bracket. Also got playfield hangers.
He makes some amazing stuff!
Total restoration is pricey!
Nothing is too good for my Rudy...

What's the benefit of the lane guides?

2 weeks later
#2813 2 years ago

Definitely a cabinet repaint to cover some water damage.
The restorer should have replaced the serial decals and a few other things too I imagine.
Funhouse is a fun game to restore. Thats why Im looking for another one.
a couple pics for reference:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any idea on what the numbers mean on the right side decal?

1 month later
#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I never really noticed that the scoop has really no purpose, until now.
Someone should do a Funhouse 2.0 like DP did with Bride of Pinbot.

Don't hold your breath on that one!

1 month later
#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:That was it just joined the club thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Game looks nice! Now just remove those so called leg protectors !

1 week later
#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Some of my purist friends don't like it, But I love mine

Perfect color choice

1 month later
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

if they did i could not find them on their site yet

Hasn't happened .

1 month later
#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:So that would be a question to everyone.
Those who are going to get 2.0 are you going to deck it out with all the art? I only plan to use the code/displays.

No! Not at all. I already have my FH set up how I want it to look.

1 week later
#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Gotcha, thanks.
Its a new trap door so I want to protect it from the start.[quoted image]

Very often overlooked

1 month later
#3669 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have same lockdown on mine. So these lockdown bars are not stock? Seems strange that so many are swapped on just this game.
[quoted image]

Mine came with this as well . So did my BOP.

1 week later
#3702 2 years ago
Quoted from HereToStay:

Awhile back, someone posted this picture of what looks like a solenoid coil but turns out is actually a sound filter.
Mine is totally missing. No filter, no wires, no bracket - nothing. I’m wondering if this is partly to blame for not being able to hear Rudy’s voice very well.
Does anyone have advice on where to source appropriate parts to replace this assembly with. I also need some clear pictures/explanation of how exactly it is wired up.
[quoted image]

Ok dumb question but how do you tell the difference between WPC and system 11. Mine doesn’t have this either.

#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you adjust your volume by a knob in the cabinet, you have Sys 11. If you change it by the menu buttons you have WPC.
First time I've seen this thing on the speakerboard, so I have no idea if it is a Sys-11 vs WPC thing, but assuming it is.

WPC it is. Thanks!

1 week later
#3737 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just got one....restored by Doug Huse IPB Playfield w/ new cab for much less and its absolutely beautiful....2.0 coming! My dilemma is if I should put LEDs in it.....I'm so torn!

Why wouldn’t you ?

#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Is a normal Funhouse supposed to have attract mode sounds? Mine doesn’t make a peep. Just the lights, no noise. I am running version L5 on the CPU ROM if that matters.

There are none .

#3776 2 years ago

I opted for the 9.05 to get the smart trap door option and still have coin operation if desired.
The smart trap door is a great feature, that keeps the trap door from opening, until the ball hits the second switch further down the loop.
This helps to avoid ball searches when the door opens on a weak shot, and the ball rolls forwards, back down to the opened trap door and getting hung up at the hinge.

Did this need a updated sound rom when running this version?

#3783 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

That would really be super cool, but I can understand why Williams didn't include any movement from Rudy as part of an attract mode in FH...it would have led to substantial wear if Rudy were moving his eyes, eyelids, or the mouth all day long while the game was being operated.
Still, a musical flourish every few minutes would have been great and would not have needed to involve mechanical movement of Rudy.

Good point!

4 weeks later
#3832 2 years ago

Anyone using cliffys flipper return lanes?
Any difference in game play?

#3842 2 years ago

Here’s the latest from cliffy! No more sagging plastic! Very much needed IMO. Rudy is very happy about this!

3EDAF85D-6928-4E74-9A4C-4EBEE4439D19 (resized).jpeg3EDAF85D-6928-4E74-9A4C-4EBEE4439D19 (resized).jpeg
#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

can't say that has ever been something I've noticed...

Oh trust me… very common especially if you have the original plastic. It’s just a matter of time.

1 month later
#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

We had a request to run the Lift Crank Assy A-14160 ... it is now available ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-14160&Store_Code=PP
Team PPS
[quoted image]

What is this for?

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

That’s the trap door arm

Thanks. Haven’t had any issues with mine. Maybe I get one just in case

1 month later
#4066 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Not sure I know what you mean by metal plug stop? Got a picture of this?
Also, make sure you have a centering flange for when you put it back together. This seems to be the part that if missing, causes the most failures to the eyelids.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8486

Can someone post a pic of where this actually goes?

1 month later
#4139 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

My first re-decal job and it's going smoothly. The blue color on the PinballDecals.eu Funhouse decals is definitely a bit too purple. That's a bit disappointing but I wasn't about to try to return them to Croatia. The quality is good, shrinks and adheres nicely with a heat gun. I'll do the head tomorrow, then decide if I'll repaint the head to match the "blue" color of the graphic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good man! Now stop over and do mine!

4 weeks later
#4174 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Been having bad thoughts about letting go of my high end Funhouse.
-Looking for a trade for Stranger things LE[quoted image]

Rudy is not happy with you now.

2 months later
#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just finished my cab clear coat and coin door.

Your not leaving those wimpy corner braces on are you???

3 weeks later
#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I think PPS needs to figure out that original plastic color formula. Their recent mouth and eyelid colors are off. Combine this with a white base for the head and you’ve got an issue, particularly given that the mouth is a direct ball impact spot. I’m not sure how well paint and clear holds up long term on the mouth. If it holds up, then it’s less of an issue. Great that the parts are being made again for those in need. Keep Rudy going!

Maybe Modfather can do the oem colors to make it look factory.

1 week later
#4393 1 year ago

Share more please where can we get this?

Classic arcades on eBay. It’s a must have imo!

#4394 1 year ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Got this inexpensive little mod as a Xmas gift. the printing is fantastic. Just wanted to share [quoted image]

Pm if anyone is interested. It’s a decal that goes over your existing plastic.

5FDEC85F-786D-4B3E-8A41-862F8D0617A3 (resized).jpeg5FDEC85F-786D-4B3E-8A41-862F8D0617A3 (resized).jpeg

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from zerbam:

where can i get that decal?

Pm sent

3 weeks later
#4447 1 year ago

Rudy’s evil twin[quoted image]

That’s definitely a new twist! Rudy meets the joker

#4450 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I left the club, for the second time, yesterday can't believe I let Rudy go again!

There’s no coming back!

#4460 1 year ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Hi guys, follow up, was able to install the trap door plastic with a little tweaking. The two screws in the back are slightly off, but seem to install fairly flat. Only issue is that the back screw seems to be in the ball path and the screw is not completely flush with the plastic. Would this be a potential issue? Looks like the ball would hop when it hits the screw and now is the time to fix it if it’s a problem.
Should I take it out and file out more of the plastic to make the screw sit flush or you think it’s ok? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice color choices on the posts!

#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks. I need to get a yellow one but generally matching playfield colors[quoted image]

Nice! Mines very similar.

4 months later
#4666 10 months ago

Question 1 . Hell yes!

#4668 10 months ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Hell yes forgo them or hell yes install them?

Lol! Yes install them !

1 month later
#4738 9 months ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks for the reply. Been away just getting back to this.
Might you have a pic of where this goes? Underside or topside? Been scouring photos and just can’t seem to locate it.
Thanks all. [quoted image]

Like he said. Looks like the socket for the trapdoor bulb. Fits under the shade .

2 months later
#4800 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The FH 4-way combo is one of if not THE most satisfying and gratifying combos in pinball.

I've noticed several Rudy head parts are back in stock. I've bought everything internal new (even the motor which I suggest everyone does) with exception to the eye balls. I held off on those because the replacement head pieces require painting and I think I'll hire a professional air brush artist to do those. Haven't lined anything up yet but once I do I'll order the heads and eyes together. I've seen some of the painted Rudy head jobs and ... well ..... they certainly do not look like the original in a very bad way.

Can you post a link for the motor? We’re these hard to find at some point?

3 weeks later
3 months later
#4926 60 days ago

Came across this today from CPR.

IMG_1551 (resized).jpegIMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4948 38 days ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get eyelids for Rudy?
Thank you!!!

Doesn’t PPS have them? I believe that’s where I got mine from .

2 weeks later
#5032 21 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I HATED Funhouse until I restored my first one and dropped in a new pf. Ever since it is near the top of my list. Leave the cab creepy, but nothing like a playing on a new pf.

Curious why you hated it?

#5050 19 days ago

That was quick...!

Thought they would have plenty on hand or state limited supply.

#5057 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Suggestions on speakers? Pinball Pro? FF? Pinsound?

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Not sure these are in my Funhouse, but I did buy these for one of my games and liked them well enough. Cheap solution and easily returnable if you don’t like them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9T0RJU

I’m sure these are more than fine.

1 week later
#5071 7 days ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I have LEDs, but just updated the ROMS with the WPC ghosting patch.

Link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=mollyspub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.