20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litzdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#476 7 years ago

Guys is FH a pin that is worth putting through the HEP restoration process? Has anyone done this?

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Of course it is. I have one ...its not hep but dam nice and looks amazing. If its a keeper for you then y not?

Yeah. The artwork and the colors on the pin are amazing. Love Rudy. He's the man.

#482 7 years ago

Where can I get a nice bound copy of the Williams manual. I have one for my TZ with the nice cover.
Thanks

1 week later
#499 7 years ago

I am trying to reduce the volume on my FH. I go into the menus to Adjustment #28 and say YES to Minimum Volume Control. Then it allows me to adjust the volume to "0" on the display but the volume does not change. Any suggestion please?
Thanks

#503 7 years ago

Another question for FH fans please.

The start button light does not work, the button itself works starting the game. I changed the 555 bulb. I also reseated all the connectors behind the switch. Now I am looking at the lamp matrix in the manual. The cabinet start button is 88 with Yellow Gray wire on the column 8 and Red Gray wire on the Row 8. J137 is column 8 and J133 row 8. Does this information help me in some way? I am new to this electrical stuff.
Thanks for your help.

1 month later
#542 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

What is a fair price for a 100% working Funhouse? It has raised inserts with wear, nice cabinet. Rudy works great, new display, new cpu. Thanks.

I would say $3500-$4000 max

#543 7 years ago

My Funhouse was converted from European to American Wiring. Initially all they did was twist the wires together and put electrical tape over the connections. The machine worked fine. Yesterday I soldered the connections and put shrink wrap over it. Now it doesn't work. I thought I made the same connections. The machine worked perfectly before I tried to make it look better by soldering the connections.
Here is a picture of the soldering I did with arrows at the connections.
Can someone tell me if I made the wrong connections?. Also where in the manual doesn't show the schematics for the transformer? Thank you very much

IMG_2640 (resized).JPGIMG_2640 (resized).JPG

#547 7 years ago

Thanks Beelz. I appreciate the help. Looks like a weekend project.

1 month later
#551 6 years ago

I have a problem with the lock on my FH. I lock the first ball no problem. THen when I shoot the second ball into the lock, Rudy says " you can have it back buster" but the lock never kicks out a ball. Then it goes into ball search and it shoots both balls out on the second round of ball search. This just started happening today. Worked okay before. I did move the pin in and out of a car. I don't think anything was loosened. Thanks

#555 6 years ago

Awesome. Thanks guys. This will be a good project for the weekend since it is raining

#556 6 years ago

I tested the switches. They all seem to work. I tested with a MM and when I closed them there was continuity. I could not figure out how to test the switches with a ball. I went into test mode then rolled 2 balls into the lock. I could not tell by the menu if the switches were working or not. No difference between the working switch (25) or the bad switch (27) according to the test menu. Nothing really happenewd when the ball rolled over either of the switches. I am sure it is user error.

2 weeks later
#580 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

try pam at pinbits.com

I have been trying to contact Pam at Pinbits. No response for a month. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

4 years later
#3896 2 years ago

Does Funhouse have a wizard mode? I am starting to get some decent scores, for me, 22Million, 25Million on factory settings.
I am wondering if there are any tricks to getting higher scores and entering the wizard mode? I have gotten to the Frenzy mode a few times which is a blast. Thanks

#3898 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

The closest thing would be completing all the modes on the mirror and getting "Super Frenzy" where all targets score 100k (I think).
A second to that would be completing the clock and getting the usual multiball mode, then getting jackpots by shooting the trap door and main ramp repeatedly. This is also how to really amp up your score.

Awesome thanks. I have never gotten to Super Frenzy. Going to work on that now. I just added some color LEDs to the translite, blue and purple. Starting to look better.

#3906 2 years ago

Thank you very much guys. This is awesome. Would you please explain what it means to stack frenzy and super frenzy. I’ve heard the same term “ stack multi balls”. Apparently it’s very important in Bram Stoker’s Dracula. But I’m not exactly sure how to do it.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If poss How try to find

Easy:
Setup a frenzy but don't start it until clock is at midnight. When Rudy is asleep, start frenzy (or super frenzy), wake Rudy up, and three ball frenzy/super frenzy will net serious points.

OK I guess I can figure out how to set up frenzy. I think I’ve done it but I can’t figure out exactly how. It just sort of happens. Once frenzy is set up, how do I not start it?. (Don’t shoot trap door and wait till I perform other shots to get Rudy to sleep.?)
Thank you. Sorry for these questions are very basic. I’ve had fun house for a long time but I’m now just getting into the game and how to score.( divorce is useful in that regard, lol)

#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

"Stacking" modes just means to get them running at the same time.
In terms of the Frenzies, set up the basic Frenzy by collecting the bottom step (when lit) which will open the trap door.
Set up Super Frenzy by completing the Mystery Mirror. (When complete, all the lights flash simultaneously and the scoop is lit.)
Shoot the trap door to start Frenzy then shoot the Mirror to start Super Frenzy (or vice versa).

Great description. Thank you so much. Now I understand it. That will be what I do this weekend. I also changed out all the black post bumpers to different colors. I did that last night after playing about an hour‘s worth a fun house. I think it looks pretty decent.

E8FC37E9-01B1-44F3-A7CB-35D6DD39D14F (resized).jpegE8FC37E9-01B1-44F3-A7CB-35D6DD39D14F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3923 2 years ago

Is this considered stacking modes?
I got the trap door opened after making the shot on the steps. Then I continued to advance the clock to Midnight without shooting a ball into the trap door. Rudy went to sleep and I shot a ball into his mouth then I shot a ball into the trap door. So I think I had Frenzy going and Rudy's multiball going at the same time.
Is that about right?

1 week later
#3969 1 year ago

I have 2 super dog lights out. The ones on either end of the hot dog. The 2 in the middle are working.The the 2 wires coming in to the first light are Red/Gray then the other light is connected by 2 yellow wires. Looks like a series. The wire solder connections are fine.Where do I go next to figure out what is wrong? I am a novice but trying to learn.Here is a pic. Thank you. Litz.

Super Dog lights (resized).jpgSuper Dog lights (resized).jpg
#3971 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Those are your flashers...do they work in test mode? as they're not normally lit all the time
ok just re-read you post again...so did you just replace your bulbs with led's? did you bend the legs over a bit? are they flasher bulbs? The red/gray should be your controlled lamps, the other is the flasher (as I recall)

I will try them in the test mode. I have not done that. The LEDs were installed when I got the Pin. I will try to bend the legs. I don't know if they are Flashers bulbs but they may be. Thank you very much. I will report back.

#3973 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah It's hard to explain how to do the "bend" without a pic...but you just sort of roll that end of the wire coming out of the led off to the side to help it make better contact with the metal contact in the socket

Yes they are flashers and they work. Dummy flashers work to, describes me when trying to fix this stuff. Rudy Backglass light and rear playfield lights are out on the test. Also the lamp with the metal hood that lights Rudy's face is out. How do I get those going? I do know how to bend those little wires on the wedge lights. Someone showed me that a few years ago. Nice trick. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Some lamps are GI and may or many not illuminate during the flasher tests etc...the "hood" lamp is a GI for sure, I believe the top half of the backbox are GI lamps as well...once you're in attract mode they should be lit...check your fuses and then look at the GI connectors on the PDB...are the burnt?

Thanks Monkfe,

#3978 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Some side notes... Wedge flashers often rely on polarity, so if you're sure they are making good contact, and they still don't work, flip them 180 degrees.
The flashers you're using are directional, and not a good choice for the superdog. Get yourself some flex flashers that can point upward toward the insert.

Awesome. I have some flex flashers. Thanks. I will put them in. Thank you.

1 week later
#3990 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If poss How try to find

Easy:
Setup a frenzy but don't start it until clock is at midnight. When Rudy is asleep, start frenzy (or super frenzy), wake Rudy up, and three ball frenzy/super frenzy will net serious points.

Thanks. I am working on it. I have managed to get it in the correct order once this weekend but , I was so excited that I choked and all 3 balls drained quickly. Thanks for the pointers . Very helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litzdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=litzdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.