Topic Stats

• 2,474 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 822 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ABC615E7-E21F-4549-910A-9204C050FBB7 (resized).jpeg
576C1FB7-15E3-44AC-AAB4-CF0EEB57E018 (resized).jpeg
MANDIBLE (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201226-195018_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201226-194603_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201226-150551_Chrome (resized).jpg
PXL_20201220_212752406 (resized).jpg
2A94881C-66D7-44F6-85A9-5840EDB45F87 (resized).jpeg
F4A500F2-4D83-4C3D-97FC-61D7BAEE4BA1 (resized).jpeg
76A6E91F-CBBD-4829-A75C-E984B1D73717 (resized).jpeg
20201207_212336 (resized).jpg
20201207_212130 (resized).jpg
20201207_212443 (resized).jpg
20201207_212406 (resized).jpg
C77E78D0-D955-438F-9358-0986C08DB4E2 (resized).jpeg
20201115_150420 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lodi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1973 8 months ago

Anyone have a source for Rudy-specific parts. I need a crank arm, both eyelid plungers, sector gear, and jaw link. I have found a few of the pieces here and there but all. I would love to find new head/jaw/eye plastics but I'm guessing those don't exist. My Rudy is in fair structural shape but needs some help cosmetically. Has anyone painted Rudy? Does the paint hold up?

#1975 8 months ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I need a crank arm, both eyelid plungers, sector gear, and jaw link.
all of these parts are available at marco

You're right. I could swear that several of these were out of stock the last time I looked. They have all but one - eyes closed plunger. Said they would have it back in stock soon. Thanks!

2 months later
#2104 6 months ago

I am starting my first pinball machine resto with Funhouse. I have a new playfield/ramps/plastics and will clean, polish or replace all parts, so it should be a nice piece when done. I'd love some feedback on a few playfield items.

Incondescent vs LED lights? I'm not a purist and in general I love LEDs, but I don't want it to look unpleasant (too bright I guess). I also don't want dingy yellow if going incandescents. If you are using something you love please let me know (brand, intensity, color, kit vs individual bulbs would be very helpful).

PopBumpers - Opaque Bodies or clear with rollover LEDs?

Star Posts - Multi-color, clear or specific colors in certain spots.

Rings/Bands - Thoughts on Titan Competition Silicone? White, black, clear, multi-color?

Will add Cliffy's protectors and mylar. If you have any thoughts or recommendations let me know. This will be a process.

#2106 6 months ago

completist - Thank you! I may go with incandescent so I don’t lose the dimming effect.

Something else that would be helpful is a playfield post map. I took lots of pictures but I’m not sure my machine has posts in all the right spots. I’m sure I can figure it out but knowing what goes where would be helpful. I was surprised the manual does not have this. It lists just about everything else on the playfield.

#2117 6 months ago

Great info everyone! I did not think about the destructive aspects of incondescents. With what I will be investing in this machine its definitely a keeper so I want to do it right. Seems like LEDs w/OCD boards is the way to go. I assume I need both boards to do it right. Correct? It doesn’t sound like anyone is using Comet’s FH kit. They claim to mix and match colored bulbs for some desired effect. Am I correct in assuming that 2smd frosted sunlights would provide the best overall flexibility with the ability to dim them back via the app? I don’t want it too over the top bright but I like the idea of being able to adjust to taste? jawjaw - would this be too bright in your opinion?

#2141 5 months ago

completist brings up an interesting point regarding switches. While I have everything torn down, should I replace all switches. I was planning on replacing most of the leaf switches and the optos but figured I'd let the micro switches ride as long as they are good. This rebuild thing is definitely a slipery slope. Its hard to replace one thing and not the next. I had planned on replacing a lot of PF bits but the mighty Harbor Freight tumbler performed magic. I really just need to replace plastics, pop bumpers, bands and broking items. Everythign else cleaned up nicely. pinballinreno I think your estimate of $2,500 to $3,500 is spot on. I can't see restoring a machine for much less.

Thanks for all of the guidance on the lighting. Will definitely go with both OCD boards and LEDs. Will select my specific bulbs when things start to go back together.

#2150 5 months ago

Good info on the switches. Most of my wire forms are in good shape so I can just order the blank microswitches. Is Marcos the best outlet? Looks like there are two different typse; the small black ones and slightly larger white ones. As long as the new ones look the same and have the same post configuration is it safe to assume they are the same? Are the diods throughout the machine all the same (I have not looked at the markings yet)? If so I will just order a bunch. I may need some help on the leaf switches. There are some that look similar but are slightly different. All of the coils appear to be in good shape. Some are newer so I suspect the machine had a partial rebuild at some point in its life. I will replace all of the sleeves. Should I replace the springs. They seem fine but I'm not if they have lost any resistance. dmacy mentined replacing the coil stops. Anything else to consider while things are torn down. I will start a build thread this week. Thanks again!

#2153 5 months ago

Has anyone tried automotive protective film to protect the playfield? it seems logical to cover the whole playfield rather than using the mylar templates that only cover a portion. You could even apply a ceramic coating on top. It does tend to have a little give so maybe its too soft. Just curious.

1 week later
#2165 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like this stuff:
ebay.com link

I like this because it has all of the detailed areas but it does not have the main body of the playfield like the one at Marco. Is this intended to be used in addition or does the main area not need to be protected?

#2166 5 months ago

Who has nice looking dark blue double-star posts? The ones listed on Marco's site are a funky bluish/purple color. Titan and others do not have dark blue, although they have good looking singles.

#2169 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The main clock area does not need mylar.
Its best if you have a clearcoated playfield though.
Not all games were diamond plate coated.

pinballinreno - I ordered the kit you recommended from ebay. My new playfiled is from Micro so it is clear coated.

What is recommended to protect the clear coat, just a good synthetic wax? I was thinking about applying an automotive ceramic coating (https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/protect/exterior/paint/crystal-serum-light). Its not terribly slick but it provides a layer of protection and can be topcoated with wax if desired. Anyone have experience with it? I have applied it to all of my cars and its amazing stuff. I have read that you should wax the playfield before applying the mylar so it can be removed in the future. True? Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Myrtle Beach, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Magazines/books
Just Pinball [SOLD OUT]
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 11.00
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lodi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside