Topic Stats

• 2,476 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 822 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ABC615E7-E21F-4549-910A-9204C050FBB7 (resized).jpeg
576C1FB7-15E3-44AC-AAB4-CF0EEB57E018 (resized).jpeg
MANDIBLE (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201226-195018_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201226-194603_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201226-150551_Chrome (resized).jpg
PXL_20201220_212752406 (resized).jpg
2A94881C-66D7-44F6-85A9-5840EDB45F87 (resized).jpeg
F4A500F2-4D83-4C3D-97FC-61D7BAEE4BA1 (resized).jpeg
76A6E91F-CBBD-4829-A75C-E984B1D73717 (resized).jpeg
20201207_212336 (resized).jpg
20201207_212130 (resized).jpg
20201207_212443 (resized).jpg
20201207_212406 (resized).jpg
C77E78D0-D955-438F-9358-0986C08DB4E2 (resized).jpeg
20201115_150420 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LeMansFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2198 5 months ago

Hey everyone! If all goes to plan, I will be doubling my pinball collection tomorrow and picking up a Funhouse! My other pin is a Sopranos, but Funhouse has always been my first love. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be posting a lot of questions soon in this thread! I'm not very handy or known to fix things around the house, so buying a used, older machine has got me a bit nervous! But as the kids say nowadays, YOLO!

#2201 5 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Alot of the questions can be answered here. For some of the little hands-on stuff, you'll want to find and become friendly with some local Pinsiders to lend a hand if needed. You'll probably want to ask around to find a local 'pinball repair guy' that can come over for the bigger items at a fee. You'll find the most time consuming part will be finding replacement parts. MOST parts that wear out are available with enough looking from one of the dozen main sources, but a handful are not (like rudy's eyeballs or his face) and that is where the adventure begins.

Well... you live close by. New friend...

2 months later
#2295 86 days ago

Hey all you cool Funhouse owners and fans out there, I've got a question. First I'll give you a little backstory/bio.

I've loved pinball since I was a kid, but I never learned the ins and outs of machines, and I'm the least mechanically inclined person out there, like I'm dangerous to myself with a screwdriver bad. Not a good combo for a pinball owner, I know. My only other game was a brand new Stern because I figured it would be the best solution for someone like me. But, a few months ago I took the plunge I'd always wanted to and bought my childhood (well teenage) favorite, Funhouse. A scary proposition for someone like myself to buy a 30 year old machine. I figured if something goes wrong I'll have a baptism by fire, or worst case pay someone to help me. So far so good though as I have a bunch of plays on this machine and haven't had any issues.

So when giving me advice (which I hope at least one of you will do), please feel free to provide instructions as if you are talking to a child or someone who you just feel sorry for. And please forgive me that I don't know most of the nomenclature either.

Issue that did pop up tonight seems relatively minor, but it does affect gameplay. When the Steps are open, I shoot the ball up the ramp and rather than going towards the Steps left plunger area, it just goes down the regular old ramp towards the left flipper. Seems that metal blade that directs the ball down either side is only moving about halfway, not far enough to direct the ball towards the Steps. How do I fix this?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

#2299 83 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

First, it sound like a pure mechanical issue, so no (expensive) electronics involved! Whew...
1. Try raising the playfield with power OFF and move the mechanism by hand. Does it move from the correct open to the correct closed position?
2. With game running, can you post two pictures of the gate: in the open and on the closed positions?
I suspect the post/diverter/gate mechanism is dirty or one of the parts is damaged or just loose. Due to its location, its one of the easier things on the machine to repair, but will take some diligence and care to establish what you have (See item #50 on page 2-35 in manual), buy any parts that are worn (if needed) and replace them properly. Start with just looking under the playfield and make sure everything on that gate assembly is tight, including the coil mounting brackets,

Thanks for your advice. With a friend helping me, we checked out the underside of the play field over the weekend. Strangly and somehow the pin that goes into the solenoid that controls the diverter gate (hope that makes sense, again I'm not completely familiar with all of the terms for these things), along with the screws that hold the pin and the spring had gotten loose and fallen into the cabinet. Got that put back together and tightened everything.

When put back together the diverter defaults to the position where it's diverting towards the steps (seems backwards but it didn't seem there was another way with the position of the pin in the solenoid). When running the solenoid test the diverter is able to move in one direction but not in the other (it just makes a sound like it's trying to move in the other direction but doesn't do anything). This makes me think that the solenoid is good, but something else isn't working properly. Does that make sense? What else should I check, or what do you think might be wrong?

Thanks again.

1 month later
#2387 48 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Here is mine (from pics I took before my resto) what does yours look like?[quoted image]

Thank you so much for this. I have been crazy busy lately and hadn't had a chance to deal with this until recently. Your photo was very helpful as somehow the spring went missing from the assembly at some point and being the newb that I am didn't think that it was something that needed to be there. Ordered a new spring from Marco Specialties, installed it, and now it holds it in the correct position and everything is good again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LeMansFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside