20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kronlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#440 7 years ago

Bigd,

Which LEDs is yours running? All cool white frosted? Or something else?

The lighting looks amazing.

#443 7 years ago

Can someone post a photo of their J504 and J505 connections on the soundboard?

Pretty sure the connectors on a Funhouse I picked up tonight aren't right.

Photo included of one of the goodies I got tonight. IPB Diamond Plate playfield for a swap in this FH.

IMG_1597 (resized).JPGIMG_1597 (resized).JPG

#448 7 years ago

I was able to spend some time with my new acquisition this weekend. Got the speaker wiring figured out, so the request a few posts above isn't needed anymore. Turns out I had 2 speakers bad out of 3. Ended up buying a new pair of speakers for the backbox and rewired the connection with an L-pad attenuator. Next up on sound will be a new cabinet woofer with crossover.

Replaced the swollen cabinet bottom with new 3/4" plywood for better cabinet integrity.

Removed mylar and in process of removing the leftover adhesive now. Even with the flour/alcohol method it's a pain. It had to go though since the mylar was bubbled up enough to affect ball travel.

Any recommendations for a domestic source for the main ramp? I can find the step ramp, but not the main ramp in the US so far. Mine has a crack along the backside of the curve. Looks like from the billboard hanging up when the playfield is lowered. Playable, but want a new one for the restore.

Having a lot of fun with this one so far. Reading the thread I saw a few mentions of a brass pin found loose in other FH pins. Mine had one in the bottom too. Saved it till I figure out where it goes.

#452 7 years ago

No photos of the actual Mylar removal. It took about 5 minutes and most of a can of compressed air. Can upside down to spray freezing air at the Mylar. Went in small sections to make sure all adhesive was frozen when I pulled.

I may take a few pics of the adhesive removal when I work on it during the evenings this week.

#462 7 years ago

So I was getting blisters from the flour/alcohol Mylar adhesive removal process. Raided the wife's essential oil collection and grabbed the orange oil and the eucalyptus oil.

A half dozen drops of either in an area and some light scraping with the plastic 4" squeegee from my last stencil kit and the stuff came right off. A little haze left that came off with finger rubbing.

About 30 minutes and the stuff is all gone I think. Will look at it again tomorrow in the daylight to make sure.

#466 7 years ago

I think I need to make a switch adjustment on my FH. The one at the top of the main ramp orbit. Ball has gotten stuck there 5 times this week.

1 week later
#501 7 years ago

I can't help with the volume issues, but can say that series connected speaker setup is a pain.

I had two of the speakers dead, so no sound. I removed all factory speakers and went with two new 5.25" for the backbox and connected them in a new circuit with an L-pad attenuator. Less than $60 total and I have good speakers now. Still need to add a woofer and crossover.

Speakers still work via the coin door volume controls though, so whatever problems you have with that not working would still be an issue.

I rebuilt two of those sound boards this week, and working on a third now. There is a thread here somewhere with a parts list to rebuild a WPC nonDCS sound board. Replacing those has fixed the first two boards so far. The 4700uf Caps, tantalum caps, and voltage regulators are a good place to start.

5 months later
#617 6 years ago

Any chance one of you owners could get me a measurement for placement of the cabinet speaker relative to either the back cabinet wall or the lateral divider board behind the coin box? Centered side to side?

Just need to know where to drill new hole. Had to replace base of my cabinet and lost the paper with that note...

#622 6 years ago

Thank you!!! I'm cutting a hole this weekend now.

#624 6 years ago

No going back now...

IMG_2181 (resized).JPGIMG_2181 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#680 6 years ago

My google search kungfu is weak today. Anyone have part numbers for the carriage bolt and pivot sleeve that mount in cabinet as pivots for the playfield?

Mine had one sleeve, and other side was just the bolt so threading is jacked now. Would like to replace as I proceed with the restore.

If anyone can provide a photo or confirmation of the pivot pin component order that would be a help as well. Just not sure if washer goes against the wood, or between sleeve and nut...

Mine has bolt, washer, sleeve, nut.

Thanks!

1 month later
#703 6 years ago

Very nice with that new playfield. I'll be doing the same soon.

Currently have cabinet stripped down and repaired with primer coats done. Need to sand and get the blue coats on prior to decals.

Would have been done and onto the pkayfield swap if not for a heart attack 8 weeks ago. At least I'm still here to do it.

8 months later
#974 5 years ago

Is there a fifth lane guide on this playfield? For some reason I have 5 from my tear down, but can only locate 4 in all the hundreds of photos I took...

The 4 I reinstalled are in below photo. Any idea as to where I might be missing one?

D05C501A-E7FB-4AD4-B17B-76CE5A0B5541 (resized).jpegD05C501A-E7FB-4AD4-B17B-76CE5A0B5541 (resized).jpeg
#976 5 years ago

Thanks!!

Those damn holes are barely dimpled after the clear on that side. Will get them drilled out and install in the morning now.

#979 5 years ago

On my pin, the vinyl over the cheap wood was lifting on the rails. Built a new set out of red oak with saw, router, and razor blades. I think Reese uses white oak, but similar result.

Waiting on my last few orders to come in from PBL, Marco’s, and Comet. Might have this beast done in a couple weeks.

Cut a new light board for the back box last night. Was an interesting step, went quicker than expected. Old one was warped.

#982 5 years ago

I was in your spot a month or two ago. It can move along quickly once all the cabinet prep work is done.

That being said, I disassembled this pin 18 months ago. Heart attack cost me about 8 months delay...

Playfield swap has gone much smoother than expected so far.

#992 5 years ago

I never found one on PBL website, but here is the Marco's link and a list:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CS1297

qty1 : 03-7066-5
qty10 : 03-7066
qty1 : 03-7067-5
qty2 : 03-7067

1 week later
#1028 5 years ago

So my machine was powered on tonight for the first time in 18 months since I took it apart for a restore with playfield swap.

Took over two hours of double checking my speaker connections to find that lack of sound was a broken leg on the soundboard pot at x1. Thankfully I had an extra pot available so it’s alive.

Time to check some switches tomorrow, put the glass on and play test.

#1029 5 years ago

If anyone is in need, I posted my used playfield, plastics, and ramps for sale in the marketplace.

Love playing this game now that it's restored. The snappiness of new slingshots is so nice... The kids and wife already say Rudy is creepy so it won't stay in the house long, but it was a fun project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 22.50
$ 29.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kronlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=Kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.