IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kerry_Richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 9 years ago

I bought my FH quite by accident.

In 1994 I played a lot of Party Zone at a local arcade. I called operator and asked if he would sell it. He said yes for $1300. This was in early December 94'. I have 3 sons, so I decided that Party Zone pinball would be my/our (wifey too) only Christmas present to everybody at $1300.

We left town with family for Christmas week to return on Christmas day. I gave my neighbor $1300 cash, to have the game delivered in my garage a few days prior to Christmas. I kept calling because he didn't show up and the guy decided not to sell the "so cheap", in the 11th hour. We were devastated to explain to our young sons (twins at 8 and my oldest at 10) there was nothing for Christmas.

I got on the phone and called any/all Arcade Amusement places I could find from the yellows pages back then, no internet. One OP said he had a FH in his shop. I never knew what FH was or even heard of it. He assured me he felt it was superior to PZ. I was desperate and he delivered it 27th for $1300. We still have it (plus 30 others) and the rest is history!

1 year later
#211 8 years ago
Quoted from PatrickATX:

I just replaced these on my Rudy...of course I threw out the baggie with the size on them. I happen to have Rudy apart right now, so I'll take a screw to Home Depot and "rediscover" which size it is for you.

My Rudy head is hanging on with just 2 screws as well. I too, would be interested in knowing / getting a few of the proper screws.

Thanks for your help.

Kerry

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from PatrickATX:

The screws for Rudy's plastic head: #6-32 x 3/8"

Thank You!

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

The parts list at ipdb.org seems to indicate this is the correct part:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/screws/4006-01003-05.html

Machine Screw 6-32x5/16 p-phs (external locking tooth washer)

Interesting as these screws are a tad shorter at 5/16" vs 3/8". I'm thinking they are the shorter ones. Confused now.

#230 8 years ago

Mine too... no rubber on that post.

1 month later
#234 8 years ago
Quoted from eli_lilly:

I had is an original and it is indeed 5/16" and noticeably shorter. The 3/8" worked perfect, though. Thanks again!

Thanks for the info!

4 months later
3 months later
#350 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

FunHouse is a great classic game!

Totally agree! Funhouse is the first game I ever bought back in 94'. It will never leave our home.

1 year later
#726 6 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I just wanted to share this Funhouse story;

Yesterday, I can’t believe I bought back a 1990 Funhouse, I purchased 23 years ago for $800.

Long story short; I’m a Real Estate Agent / Broker who sold a home in San Ramon, CA to Jeff & Cindy E. in 1994. As a “House Warming Present”, I purchased a Funhouse pinball game for them (only about 3-4 years old) for $800. I often give my clients pinball games for house warming presents.

I’ve been recently looking for a FH, and found one fairly locall (70 miles away). While talking to the owner (Mike), he has owned it for 10 years, I asked him the history. He said he got it from Jan E. in Minden Nevada.

I knew Jeff has a sister named Jan and because their last name is so unusual… I asked him about them; he said "Yes" she got it from her brother Jeff E about 15 years ago as a present.

WOW now full circle; It’s been HOU for the past 23 years and I pulled it off the route, at only 3-4 years old. I’m stoked to get it back, as I have already purchased a new playfield / new NOS plastics / new Translite / 5-decal set. The only thing left are to buy new ramps.

#728 6 years ago

He was asking $2,500, we settled at $2,250.

IMG_3327 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_3327 (002) (resized).jpg

1 month later
#788 6 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Sorry for low res. photos, I will post new ones when I finish moving to our new home

Why don't you share picts with game on, lighted up?

#790 6 years ago

Ah... so much better & brighter. Very Nice game indeed!

9 months later
#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Rick at Planetary has already said they would be doing Cactus Canyon, Theater of Magic, C Voltaire and Big Bang Bar.

I missed that announcement. Where was that posted? I'm especially interested in BBB.

Thanks!
Kerry

#1260 5 years ago

kermit24 Thank You!

#1265 5 years ago

I agree... that as much as I LOVE FunHouse (our first game back in 93' and still have it), I feel the remakes would probably newer A titles, as noted above.

Also, IMO: TOTAN & SS would come way before FH.

1 month later
#1328 5 years ago

Idea: another option to consider is to place the mylar on the underside of the metal flap. That way, you won't even see it on the playfield.

1 week later
#1341 5 years ago

Mine was/is dimpled too.

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Are you guys sure it's a IPB?

No, that's why I said I think it's a Mirco. I may poke around the playfeld this weekend and see what I can read on it.

8 months later
#1676 4 years ago

I'd be in for Rudy complete head (original version: front & back and jaw too if available). Depends on cost tho.

Thanks for this.
Kerry

2 months later
#1719 4 years ago

That's very interesting... can anyone guide pinballjohn as to how to do a video and post it here?

7 months later
#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

3) Anyone have a spare original translite in good shape? Mine has a bad scratch

Rick at Mr.Pinball (Reno, NV) has or had 3D Funhouse translites as well. I have 3 of them (ToM / FT & Wh20)

11 months later
#2768 2 years ago

Funhouse is an amazing game. I got mine quite by accident back in 92'.

I have 3 sons, back then (8yo & twins at 6yo). I bought a Party Zone for them, as our only Christmas present for the entire family that year. At $1300 it was a ton of $$$ for me. It was to be delivered to me on Christmas eve and the guy was a no show. He wanted / demanded more $$$ if I wanted it. I was pissed and declined.

After that drama and explaining to my boys... I found an operator several days later (from the thick phone book) who had a Funhouse he'd sell me for $1300. I was desperate and never seen or played one. I still have it today!

Out of 33 late model pins... my Funhouse would the last to leave. In fact it will probably stay in our family for future generations.

Kerry

1 week later
#2788 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it was Diamond Plate ior L.S Topcoat it will say down by the flippers. There were only around 100 or so of these types early in the run.

I believe my Repo playfield says "Diamond Plate". It's at my son's home. It's beautiful, but repop. Just sayin

7 months later
#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Debating on redoing the cabinet decals in the standard blue or black. Does anyone have any pictures of the cabinet with the black decals installed??

I don't have pictures of black, or even seen them installed.

IMO: Blue is the way to go however, "if" you're considering the 2.0 Nightmare Funhouse kit... black cabinet maybe a cool, but permanent option.

4 weeks later
#3670 2 years ago

If you can't or don't want to replace FH lockdown bar...
I'd be inclined to see if a strip of beer foam tape behind the inverted edge, would be beneficial in protecting your RadCals.

10 months later
#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

I just learned something new. How many funhouses came with a backglass instead of a translite? I’ve had two and both had a translite.

My first pin was Funhouse in 92' (still have it). I've bought and sold about 7 of them since. All have had translights. There's mirrored aftermarket backglass available tho. I've seen it and it's exceptionally nice.

1 month later
#4510 1 year ago

I'm considering selling my FH.

It has a new playfield, new ramps, new rubbers (all white), new flipper bats w new red rubbers, new playfield plastics, beautiful translight and plays 100%. The cabinet is nice but could use new decals.

Curios what your thoughts are on current value?

Located in Northern California (40 miles East of San Francisco).

Thanks
Kerry

#4522 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

10 easy where Kerry lives.

Thanks Guys for your input!

I'm going to be selling FH & TZ. These are duplicates titles in my son's & my collections. He has them at his home, just 1 mile from me.

We both have new & newer titles arriving soon and need floor space.

TZ & FH will always be part of my collection. They are both AWESOME games.

Thanks again
Kerry

1 year later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kerry_Richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=Kerry_Richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.