IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2113 3 years ago

My funhouse has been sitting in pieces for years and looking to finish a restoration soon..i have forgotten, can you put incandescent bulbs AND LEDs (for example in opposite slings and two inserts next to each other) to compare the look and the dimming effects?

1 year later
#3287 2 years ago

So I just went to install a new coin door as my old one was dented pretty bad and I just noticed the connector is the same but the door open switch is mounted differently and the coin door wires are slightly different.

Old door is 3 coin door and new is 2.

Has anyone gone from old style to new style door and aware of steps I need to follow?

20211009_085942 (resized).jpg20211009_085942 (resized).jpg20211009_090003 (resized).jpg20211009_090003 (resized).jpg20211009_090016 (resized).jpg20211009_090016 (resized).jpg20211009_090028 (resized).jpg20211009_090028 (resized).jpg
#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just follow the colors on the wires, see which connector position each wire needs to land in, and then attach to match. You'll get it done in short work.

Thanks, what was throwing me off is the wires are different colors and 3 vs 2 = more wires. So I traced then all and everything lines up old and new.

Only one remaining issue. In the old coin door the high power cut off switch was built into the door. I see the new requires that I mount the switch in the cab. I guess there is a switch holder on Marco will start digging

16339954751141806278052296100803 (resized).jpg16339954751141806278052296100803 (resized).jpg16339955424556098865829254832954 (resized).jpg16339955424556098865829254832954 (resized).jpg
#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Was your pin a re-import?.

Not sure, looks like US game, could be prior owner converted it.

1 month later
#3387 2 years ago

Would be great if they offered a package without the translite. Definitely a downgrade to me. I am torn on the second display. Was really hoping for a DMD and rule upgrade and limit it to that with swappable code at boot up being gravy. Happy they put in the swappable code but to me they went to far with the other items making it more of a reboot vs an update/upgrade.

Thankful that they put the effort in and may get it anyway but I really wish it didn’t change the game so much.

1 month later
#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Coil for the head speakers

Ok, but what does that mean / what does it do? I just got to this part of my restoration and was like - is this another knocker?

10 months later
#4288 1 year ago

Silly question probably but never did a flipper rebuild on a Williams WPC. The rebuild kit doesn’t include wire insulation for the capacitor. What do you guys typically do, add shrink wrap? Use old wires and if so where would you solder them?

I am assuming shrink wrap but want to be certain. Thanks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

2 months later
#4428 1 year ago

Hi, finally moving forward again on my 9 year! Funhouse restoration (long story).

Just ran into this issue with the trap door plastic. So my new playfield 3 holes somewhat align with the clear plastic but the plastic is no where close to the trap door hinge bolts. At first thought it was my plastic but the old plastic from the original game has the machined edge snapped off and it seems to match my new plastic.

So question is, do I try to keep the part that goes under the hinge by adding/widening holes in the plastic or should I snap it off and not worry about that part? Thanks!

First pic is the old plastic on new playfield, next two are the new one.

68256D42-A9EE-4B11-8923-457A6E5EFCAA (resized).jpeg68256D42-A9EE-4B11-8923-457A6E5EFCAA (resized).jpegE9C71B20-4012-46DA-8F11-06F0A34FA976 (resized).jpegE9C71B20-4012-46DA-8F11-06F0A34FA976 (resized).jpegF58DD195-8CCB-45B0-BE35-CEA486FA625D (resized).jpegF58DD195-8CCB-45B0-BE35-CEA486FA625D (resized).jpeg
#4435 1 year ago

Thanks all! So the consensus is to keep that part and since I don’t want to have extra holes in the playfield I will align those 3 holes and just widen or drill 2 new holes for the ramp flap bolts to pass through.

Sucks that they don’t align.

If I ignore the 3rd pilot hole I think it may work without drilling. Will try that first.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4459 1 year ago

Hi guys, follow up, was able to install the trap door plastic with a little tweaking. The two screws in the back are slightly off, but seem to install fairly flat. Only issue is that the back screw seems to be in the ball path and the screw is not completely flush with the plastic. Would this be a potential issue? Looks like the ball would hop when it hits the screw and now is the time to fix it if it’s a problem.

Should I take it out and file out more of the plastic to make the screw sit flush or you think it’s ok? Thanks!

#4462 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Nice color choices on the posts!

Thanks. I need to get a yellow one but generally matching playfield colors

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4464 1 year ago

One more question for the night.

In this area - anyone know what goes here?

The ramp lands here and my pics only show it installed so don’t see what’s under it and my old playfield has a larger hole.

(That’s an old ramp I am replacing!)

#4470 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its for the Cliffy.
I highly recommend the FULL set.

Ooooooo. Been so focused on the install forgot about these! I purchased the mantis hole protectors, I found them preferable when there is no damage vs cliffs to cover damage and sometimes they can affect the shot. I need to check out what cliffys I have also. Think I bought a set but forget what was included will check tonight . For the holes on a new playfield would the mantis protectors be enough for the scoops?

https://mantispinball.com/product/funhouse-protector-set/

#4473 1 year ago

Did you add or install the front stop bracket that goes at the front of the trapdoor hole?
Very many games are missing this important factory update.
Its manditory to keep from breaking the trapdoor hinge off.

Thanks man. Didn’t know this existed and my game doesn’t have it. Ordering now.

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#4530 1 year ago

Damn. That’s a whole lotta love.

Great photo documentation. I take more but way more sloppy and out of focus. Great job.

3 weeks later
#4574 1 year ago

Hey all, finally finished up the underside and ready to put playfield back in cabinet. Of course was a little tight so scuffed my newly painted interior cabinet

What is more frustrating is the back panel seems to be rubbing up too snug against the wood piece in the cab. Not familiar with this and didn’t take pics of this area. Is the back panel supposed to push against the wood?

Result is the playfield will not lay 100% flat.

Not sure if I should sand one of the pieces down a bit to let it lay flatter or is this alignment wrong in some way?

Thanks.

#4576 1 year ago

The playfield backboard "beveled" piece is installed backwards.

Wow. One thing I didn’t take a pic of and I install it backwards. Thanks.

2 months later
#4665 9 months ago

Hi all getting close to the finish line of my restore and have a few questions.

1) Has anyone with the repro ramps decided to forgo the cliffy ramp protectors? I was thinking to hold on all the other protection except the center ramp but now that I am getting into it and see I’m going to need to drill new holes in the ramps I am wondering if it’s worth it. My games get very little play in my house. Also noticed Chris at HEP doesn’t install them from the completed games I have seen.

2) Can I use incandescent flashers with LEDOCD and GIOCD boards? I really hate these LED flashers. They are so bright and focused they look terrible on funhouse so far and they are so finicky with the wire connections I keep seeing a new one that needs readjusting. Thanks.

#4667 9 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Question 1 . Hell yes!

Hell yes forgo them or hell yes install them?

1 month later
#4725 8 months ago

Anyone know where this light socket goes? I have the connector on the right side but where does it go on the playfield? I have the one to the right of the scoop installed but can’t find this other one in any of my pics?!?

1 week later
#4737 8 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

for the trap door "hood" light?

Thanks for the reply. Been away just getting back to this.

Might you have a pic of where this goes? Underside or topside? Been scouring photos and just can’t seem to locate it.

Thanks all.

#4740 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Like he said. Looks like the socket for the trapdoor bulb. Fits under the shade .

Yes! “Hood light” was throwing me off I was thinking it was a spotlight or scoop light and completely forgot about the shade and duh, it’s not in any pics because it’s covered by the shade!

Thanks all for the replies!!

#4742 8 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Sorry about that...its what came to mind when I saw your post...lampshade is the correct term....

No worries. Makes sense now. That’s what happens when you assemble a game 4 years after you take it apart. Pictures are not perfect! Thanks again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=JoeJet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.