20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1290 5 years ago

I picked up a Funhouse and the steps ball gate doesn't work properly, it stays stuck to the coil. Either the spring is too weak or the coil's core has become permanently magnetized, or possibly current leakage through the related transistor? Seems the spring might be good idea to replace first.

Anyone know the part or suitable replacement for the spring on the gate assembly? Or if the whole gate assembly A-14018 is available anywhere?

GateAssembly-A-14018 (resized).JPGGateAssembly-A-14018 (resized).JPG
GateAssemblyBack-A-14018 (resized).JPGGateAssemblyBack-A-14018 (resized).JPG

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sounds like the transistor could be shorted open. I would not replace the entire assembly. That’s overkill. Take it apart, clean it up and see what is happening. You should be able to activate the gate with the game off and it should move freely.

It's definitely not shorted. It works in test and de-energizes, just doesn't return after. The force required to return it is definitely too much for the spring that is there. The reason I'm thinking about the whole assembly is the metal guide that swivels the gate is worn open a little, maybe contributing to getting stuck in the energized position.

Quoted from lordloss:

Marco might have the wrong image on the website

That's the right image: you might be thinking about the upper ramp diverter. This is the lower gate at the outlane.

#1297 5 years ago

Oh, nice catch. Now that I look carefully, it looks like the orientation was changed too: maybe that was done purposefully for this reproduction part so that the notch was no longer needed.

I'm going to try a thorough cleaning, but I suspect the weak spring and wear in the lever's hole are the problem.

#1299 5 years ago

I took it apart, and yeah, the coil side of the plate was pretty dirty. With the plate removed, I also tested the coil core and it is permanently magnetized: with the machine off it still held my test clip. Between the gunk and magnetism it gets stuck. I cleaned it and put a piece of mylar on the plate to break the contact tension, and now it works perfectly. There wasn't actually much wear in the lever hole, the dirt just made it look like that and spring still felt strong.

#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I wouldn't recommend that long term. I had the mylar get mashed into the shape of the parts and eventually make the sticking worse. Replace the coil and hit the plate with a flap wheel on a dremel

I wondered about that, thought the coil was so little it should last a long time, but thanks for the tip.

#1307 5 years ago

Doing final go-through on the Funhouse I picked up. There is an unconnected 3-pin molex under the playfield by the white / top-right pop bumper. I identified that it is the same as the GI used on the backbox for Rudy, and meter verifies that. I'm guessing there's supposed to be a spotlight on Rudy's face in sync with the backbox? Can someone tell me where it mounts and with what hardware / hex post? Or is it something else?

#1309 5 years ago

Yes, that's what is missing, thanks. It doesn't look that effective though: I think I can do better lighting the whole face with a spot on the plastic behind the red pop.

3 weeks later
#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Can you guys tell me a value for a project Funhouse I'll be selling?

If it's fixed, why are you calling it a project? Just because the head's a little rough? I wouldn't call it a project.

It's hard to say without close ups of the playfield, but it looks decent from that distance. I'll throw out $3400.

3 months later
#1422 5 years ago

I just finished restoring my project FH. The mystery mirror scoop really takes a beating, both coming in and hitting the bottom: there's quite a sunken indent at the bottom. There was also duct tape at the top which I assume was to lessen the blows. I cleaned it up and tightened with new screws, but the scoop worked loose after some play. I redid the screw holes and now it's nice and firm. But I'm wondering if it will last the way it gets blasted: the machine is playing pretty fast and strong with flippers and mechs rebuilt.

Do people do anything to dampen the blows to this scoop? I was surprised there's only two screws holding it and am skeptical it will hold over extended time.

#1427 5 years ago

I redid the holes with 2-part wood-filler epoxy and then re-drilled them. I still want to deaden the blows it takes though: next time I need to order stuff I'm going to try to find a suitable one of those blue rubbers that are found at the end of ramps.`

For playfield touch-up, fortunately I only needed blue for a little wear at the scoop. At first I had difficulty finding a match as many acrylic blues are too flat. But Delta Creamcoat Select "Riviera" that I got at Hobby Lobby is a close match. Just need to mix in a darker blue to make it a touch darker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.