20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#962 5 years ago

Kind of odd that in almost 1000 posts, no one has mentioned their results from installing a Pinsound. Funhouse is the only game so far to receive a complete sound makeover from Pinsound and they offer 3 varieties currently:

1) the original sound/callouts - these sound better on the Pinsound as the electronics are far superior to a stock game - more amplifier, treble/bass controls, separate cab/backbox volumes, no hissing/popping/buzzing, etc. Combined with an external subwoofer, this is a very nice improvement over the original sound board.

2) the "enhanced" version - basically new callouts and the original music REMASTERED in glorious hifi. The new remastered music is nothing short of phenomenal - no compression artifacts, better highs, better lows. It really modernizes the game and makes it feel brand new. The callouts are re-recorded and sound much cleaner - but it's not the same voice as the original. He does a good job, but I still kind of prefer the original as that's what I'm used to. I will say it does grow on you though.

3) the "ultimate" version - a complete new soundtrack along with the re-recorded callouts. To be honest, I wasn't blown away with the demo video on their website initially. I also played it at TPF and just didn't get far enough into the game and it was still hard to hear with the headphones. HOWEVER - after trying it out at home, I can say I really like it. It has a European feel to it which is fun. The sleep music, the 11:45 music, the jackpot music and the game over music are awesome. There are several tracks - quick 2 ball and superdog that made me laugh out loud. In short, well worth the $10 if you plan on installing the Pinsound. It's certainly the best Pinsound remix on the market.

x) the "missing" version - I asked Nicolas at TPF why they didn't release a version with the remastered music and the original callouts. This IMO would be the best of both worlds - the original music in hifi and the original Rudy (albeit compressed Low FI). He said this is entirely possible and on his list of things to do, but it hasn't showed up yet on the website.

In the end, I'm happy I gave it a spin and it will stay in my Funhouse permanently - thanks Pinsound guys!

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

For me Pinsound is one of those things that I don't think I would ever be happy using simply because the sounds of these games are iconic.

You can still use the original sounds with Pinsound while enjoying the upgraded sound circuitry. It makes a much bigger difference than just changing the speakers out.

I enjoy the original music/callouts - but it's fun to spice things up too. I can run all 3 sound packages I discussed above and change them out on the fly (even mid-game). My son and I played a two player game last night where he used the original sounds and I used the alternate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.