image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1C639496-3B2F-4C40-9724-BF4DF5A441A9 (resized).jpeg
FCA1EDE1-BF5A-4080-8DF0-B80DADF477AE (resized).jpeg
E2DC4568-84CC-4391-99E2-F14BC55B3635 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,478 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 90.
#4451 4 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

In the process of rebuilding my Funhouse. I’ve been replacing all of the Cherry switches as I go. Just came to this switch at the end of a wireform and noticed that the white wire is on the banded side of the diode whereas all the others do far have been the opposite. I’m assuming this has been miswired forever? Unless someone here says otherwise, I’m writing this up with white on the non-banded side of the diode.
[quoted image]

My white wire goes to the non-banded side as well.

#4452 4 days ago

I’m assuming this has been miswired forever? Unless someone here says otherwise, I’m writing this up with white on the non-banded side of the diode.
[quoted image]

Yup - should be on the other leg.

1C639496-3B2F-4C40-9724-BF4DF5A441A9 (resized).jpeg
#4453 4 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My white wire goes to the non-banded side as well.

Quoted from Mofkoel:

Yup - should be on the other leg.
[quoted image]

Well, that probably explains why that switch never registered. Easy fix once you see it. The band on the old diode was barely visible, which might’ve caused the misplacement of the wire. Glad I caught that. Thank you for the confirmations!

#4454 4 days ago

In the process of rebuilding my Funhouse. I’ve been replacing all of the Cherry switches as I go. Just came to this switch at the end of a wireform and noticed that the white wire is on the banded side of the diode whereas all the others do far have been the opposite. I’m assuming this has been miswired forever? Unless someone here says otherwise, I’m writing this up with white on the non-banded side of the diode.
[quoted image]

The green wire is correct, the white wire is on the wrong lug, and the diode is backward. The switch is basically wired as always closed instead of always open, but will still send a semi-correct signal to the CPU for a split second when its hit. I highly doubt that it was wired that way from the factory.

#4455 4 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The green wire is correct, the white wire is on the wrong lug, and the diode is backward. The switch is basically wired as always closed instead of always open, but will still send a semi-correct signal to the CPU for a split second when its hit. I highly doubt that it was wired that way from the factory.

Yeah I’m sure Bob did it.

#4456 4 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I highly doubt that it was wired that way from the factory.

The switch was also different in terms of markings from the rest, so I suspect it had been replaced at some point. Anyhow, I’ve replaced it again. (And wired it correctly.)

#4457 3 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

... and the diode is backward.

I'm not sure I agree with that. The diode band is on the lug farthest away from the other two lugs on the switches. For pinheadpierre's switch it is just the white wire that is on the wrong lug.

#4458 3 days ago
Quoted from Mofkoel:

I'm not sure I agree with that. The diode band is on the lug farthest away from the other two lugs on the switches. For pinheadpierre's switch it is just the white wire that is on the wrong lug.

Yeah - I feel confident that the diode was on the switch correctly. It’s just that the white wire was on the wrong lug. That was the only “backwards” part as far as I can tell.

#4459 3 days ago

Hi guys, follow up, was able to install the trap door plastic with a little tweaking. The two screws in the back are slightly off, but seem to install fairly flat. Only issue is that the back screw seems to be in the ball path and the screw is not completely flush with the plastic. Would this be a potential issue? Looks like the ball would hop when it hits the screw and now is the time to fix it if it’s a problem.

Should I take it out and file out more of the plastic to make the screw sit flush or you think it’s ok? Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4460 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Hi guys, follow up, was able to install the trap door plastic with a little tweaking. The two screws in the back are slightly off, but seem to install fairly flat. Only issue is that the back screw seems to be in the ball path and the screw is not completely flush with the plastic. Would this be a potential issue? Looks like the ball would hop when it hits the screw and now is the time to fix it if it’s a problem.
Should I take it out and file out more of the plastic to make the screw sit flush or you think it’s ok? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice color choices on the posts!

#4461 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Should I take it out and file out more of the plastic to make the screw sit flush or you think it’s ok? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

I am anal enough that I’d try to make the screw flush if it wasn’t too difficult and wouldn’t risk breaking the plastic. It’d bother me that the ball nicked it. I replaced this piece years ago but don’t believe I had this issue. Maybe a different supplier way back then.

#4462 3 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Nice color choices on the posts!

Thanks. I need to get a yellow one but generally matching playfield colors

image (resized).jpg
#4463 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks. I need to get a yellow one but generally matching playfield colors[quoted image]

Nice! Mines very similar.

#4464 3 days ago

One more question for the night.

In this area - anyone know what goes here?

The ramp lands here and my pics only show it installed so don’t see what’s under it and my old playfield has a larger hole.

(That’s an old ramp I am replacing!)

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4465 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

The ramp lands here and my pics only show it installed so don’t see what’s under it and my old playfield has a larger hole.
(That’s an old ramp I am replacing!)[quoted image][quoted image]

That is an empty hole on mine.

D9E48556-C470-4E4B-A3D3-EFE1487187AF (resized).jpeg
#4466 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Mine has a post there that supports the main ramp and switch gate. Here are photos from the teardown (22 years ago):

DSC01678 (resized).JPGDSC01683 (resized).JPG
#4467 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

When I restored my sample FH, the original playfield didn’t have anything originally installed here.
1FC41E5A-2E36-4204-9AF3-273A5D24508E (resized).jpeg

The Mirco of I had bought back in 2015 had a larger hole.
0F7C5905-4F2B-4525-BBD8-9AA15F23A76A (resized).jpeg

#4468 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Did you add or install the front stop bracket that goes at the front of the trapdoor hole?

Very many games are missing this important factory update.

Its manditory to keep from breaking the trapdoor hinge off.

#4469 3 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Its for the Cliffy.

I highly recommend the FULL set.

#4470 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its for the Cliffy.
I highly recommend the FULL set.

Ooooooo. Been so focused on the install forgot about these! I purchased the mantis hole protectors, I found them preferable when there is no damage vs cliffs to cover damage and sometimes they can affect the shot. I need to check out what cliffys I have also. Think I bought a set but forget what was included will check tonight . For the holes on a new playfield would the mantis protectors be enough for the scoops?

https://mantispinball.com/product/funhouse-protector-set/

#4471 2 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Ooooooo. Been so focused on the install forgot about these! I purchased the mantis hole protectors, I found them preferable when there is no damage vs cliffs to cover damage and sometimes they can affect the shot. I need to check out what cliffys I have also. Think I bought a set but forget what was included will check tonight . For the holes on a new playfield would the mantis protectors be enough for the scoops?
https://mantispinball.com/product/funhouse-protector-set/

I have a set of the manits protectors if anyone needs them...pm me...

edit -spoken for

#4472 2 days ago
Quoted from Zee:

Mine has a post there that supports the main ramp and switch gate. Here are photos from the teardown (22 years ago):
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine also has the post for ramp support.

#4473 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you add or install the front stop bracket that goes at the front of the trapdoor hole?
Very many games are missing this important factory update.
Its manditory to keep from breaking the trapdoor hinge off.

Thanks man. Didn’t know this existed and my game doesn’t have it. Ordering now.

Thanks.

#4474 2 days ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks man. Didn’t know this existed and my game doesn’t have it. Ordering now.
Thanks.

Your new playfield should have a light dimple (for the screw) near the lower edge of the trapdoor cutout on the backside of the playfield.

Carefully drill a pilot hole for the screw to NOT split out the edge of the wood

It goes on the bottom wood, non-artwork side of the playfield.

#4475 2 days ago

Definitely recommend Cliffy’s as I went all out on my restoration and replaced the ramps too and even though they are a lot thicker and probably don’t need them for HUO, didn’t want to risk it.

I didn’t add a post as I didn’t want to drill into the ramp as the post hole was not lined up, and read some use double sided tape, I ended up using a small nut\bolt combination and no issues since install from late 2020.
1F5980A7-9AF4-4C18-A64C-C2DBD99354A5.jpeg32E7654B-9B8B-4A11-9ACE-6366665302F9.jpeg

#4476 2 days ago

Here's a picture of the trap door rest piece installed...

IMG_5791 (resized).JPG
#4477 2 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Here's a picture of the trap door rest piece installed...
[quoted image]

Perfect! Your hinge is safe now.

#4478 15 hours ago

Does anyone body have a trap door they want to sell? Still collecting parts for a build I'm working on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 105.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
There are 4,478 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!