Ball Lock Adjustment... AKA the biggest PITA thing to deal with in this game. I've got a new disc assembly from Marco (A-14151). I've put a washer under the disc to raise it up a hair (post #3574) which seems to help with the ball passing through. However, the issue I kept running into is failed ejections. About 50% of the time is would work fine, and the other 50% of the time the ball would not clear the disc upon ejecting. The ball would get trapped between the leading "point" of the disc and the metal ball guide. And it would then take a several cycles of the ball lock mech to finally clear the ball.
I've spend some time this evening getting this sorted out (under the gun, SFGE next weekend) and I think I finally got it sorted out without taking things apart.
IMHO, the issue is the amount of rotation the disc has is "just barely enough" and is really has to be "clocked" correctly. It would of helped if there was a slight pause at the end of the stroke to give the ball more time to clear, but then dual coil and EOS switch... Some one at Williams said $$$ nope.
As noted, IMHO the issue is the limit range of travel, so I carefully modified the mounting bracket:
I bent the metal bracket away from the coil so the crank arm was extended out a bit more than normal. It didn't take too much, you can't really tell looking at it that it was tweaked on. I would say this is a "do as little as possible, but as much as needed" kind of tweak. But with this, my testing so far has been 100% ball ejection without issue, so a vast improvement.
The angle of this photo implies the rear point of the ball guide is sticking out beyond the ball guide, but it is not, the point needs to be flush with the ball guide. If the point sticks out, when there are 2 ball in there to eject, the 2nd ball will just hang up on the point.
When the clamping nut is loosened, you can just sneak in and get something to poke the disc with:
I took a 10" piece of Romex and used a single piece of solid copper (insulated) to make a poking tool with a tiny "hook" at the end of it. I was able to sneak in that gap and push/pull on the disc until I got it where I wanted then flipped the playfield up and carefully snug the hardware down so my adjustment wasn't altered.
If this makes my pin burn to the ground and everyone running away in terror at the show, I'll report back on that.
Hopefully this helps some one out down the road.