20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 102.
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Looking at your picture, it seems your post for the lamp shade might not be correct.

Thanks, I will look into it.

#3602 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thanks, I will look into it.

Yup, looks like someone put one in my game that is too tall. Here is a pic from hep thread...
Screenshot_20220107-090142_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220107-090142_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#3603 2 years ago

Ok. Next check to see what is happening when you push the flipper button. Keep the playfield up and the power off. Look down at the inside of the cabinet and confirm that when you push the flipper button, the plunger end pushes the dual leaf switch. The first pair of contacts is for the lower flipper and the second pair is for the upper flipper. Inspect those contacts closely. Are they clean? Free of oxidation? Making good contact when pushed together? Use a file and gently clean them off.

#3604 2 years ago

You mean like these two? You know, the one that I left on the wire form so they wouldnt get lost...
20220107_090843 (resized).jpg20220107_090843 (resized).jpg

Its been almost a year since tear down.

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Looking at your picture, it seems your post for the lamp shade might not be correct.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yup, looks like someone put one in my game that is too tall. Here is a pic from hep thread...
[quoted image]

Actually, now I'm not so sure...I was looking through posts in this thread and it does seem like maybe yours is correct.

I don't think this part is in the manual or the parts list on ipdb.org though. Doesn't show on flyer.

This is a link to a Funhouse proto; seems the hex post is a little shorter than yours: http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/Proto_Funhouse.html#8

Turns out my Funhouse has a black plastic spacer about one inch tall; probably installed to prevent shorting the lamp socket terminals.

Would be interested to know what people have.

#3606 2 years ago

Also confirm the wires on the ends of those flipper button leaf switches are still firmly connected. There is also a quick connect (usually) for the set of them. Confirm it is still clean and connected well. You can trace those wires right back to the boards in the back box and check they are ok. Check fuse F101 as well. It does both left flippers if I’m not mistaken so unlikely it is the issue but check it anyway.

#3607 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If no one chimes in, Ill measure it when I get back to my shop tomorrow.

Thanks, I found them (see post above) but could use some help with the lampshade post size...

Quoted from mjenison:

#3608 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You mean like these two? You know, the one that I left on the wire form so they wouldnt get lost...
[quoted image]

Nice find!! And no shipping charges! lol

#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thanks, I found them (see post above) but could use some help with the lampshade post size...

Mine is about 3/4” long I’d say. My lamp shade and parts were in a baggie when I got the game. And some were missing. I found the right socket and shrink wrapped the ends to prevent any short circuiting.

Interesting enough, when I was trying to figure out what goes there, I noticed on one of the virtual games on PlayStation that when it zooms around showing you the table, that post is a #8 white plastic spool. Never seen that on anyone else’s game except the virtual one. Yet that same #8 spool is used elsewhere like right below it on the ramp switch cover piece.

B01090A0-9D2E-4EDE-ACE1-416D91E4C264 (resized).jpegB01090A0-9D2E-4EDE-ACE1-416D91E4C264 (resized).jpeg
#3610 2 years ago

Whats the consensus on this post? I know a full post sleeve will interfere with the ball being plunged. My game had a post sleeve there, but it was trimmed down on the shooter lane side. Is that the best solution or maybe some shrink tubing over it?

20220107_093419 (resized).jpg20220107_093419 (resized).jpg
#3611 2 years ago

someone said the just put black shrink tube on theirs and it worked great...........maybe you could find colored shrink tube

#3612 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Whats the consensus on this post? I know a full post sleeve will interfere with the ball being plunged. My game had a post sleeve there, but it was trimmed down on the shooter lane side. Is that the best solution or maybe some shrink tubing over it?
[quoted image]

The fix isn’t to change how that post is. The fix is to adjust the shooter rod bracket so that the rubber tip strikes the ball in the centre. When it’s off to one side or more up or down, it makes the ball careen off to the side and that’s where the interference and unsmooth shot up the steps comes from.

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image]

No post sleeve on proto or production games, but the consensus is to put whatever you prefer there.

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Mine is about 3/4” long I’d say. My lamp shade and parts were in a baggie when I got the game. And some were missing. I found the right socket and shrink wrapped the ends to prevent any short circuiting.
Interesting enough, when I was trying to figure out what goes there, I noticed on one of the virtual games on PlayStation that when it zooms around showing you the table, that post is a #8 white plastic spool. Never seen that on anyone else’s game except the virtual one. Yet that same #8 spool is used elsewhere like right below it on the ramp switch cover piece.
[quoted image]

Ok, maybe it is in the parts list. I think this is it:

02-4252-12 spacer f-f 6-32x 3/4 1/4 hex 1 pc

Listed as part of the lower ramp assembly.

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8424765b46e8b20061963f84edcbb0745375287b-1641579429-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

And the best feeling is, when you reorder the part... And 2 weeks later, you realise, you have 2 sets

#3616 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image]

Leave it bare or add shrink to it.

I have had it with a bumper sleeve and with shrink tube.

Gameplay-wise, I prefer the ball not to bounce out of the small gap as much.

With the bare metal, the ball makes it into the shooter lane more frequently.

Currently its bare.

#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My lampshade post was 3/4".

I recently changed it to a 1" to get better light coverage and stop it from interfering with the view.

I think, anything between 5/8 and 1" looks good.
20220107_102410 (resized).jpg20220107_102410 (resized).jpg20220107_102541 (resized).jpg20220107_102541 (resized).jpg

#3618 2 years ago

My lampshade post was 3/4".
I recently changed it to a 1" to get better light coverage and stop it from interfering with the view.
I think, anything between 5/8 and 1" looks good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love my Modfather "Original" style paint job on Rudy's face.

The flesh tones make him look more real, Lol.

Condoms on the color matched 2SMD comet frosted bulbs adds a cool retro tempura painted carnival look to it on the billboard mirror and other naked bulbs.

#3619 2 years ago

Maybe you don't want him more real.

Fats (resized).pngFats (resized).png
#3620 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

Maybe you don't want him more real.
[quoted image]

Anything that freaks out Pinballgoddess more...

She keeps a towel over the game...

#3621 2 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

someone said the just put black shrink tube on theirs and it worked great...........maybe you could find colored shrink tube

I cut a 2-inch piece of a red drinking straw, which fit perfect on the post, and had no 'rubber' stick to it. Looked great, and didn't grab the ball. (It was a Jack in the Box straw)

#3622 2 years ago

Went with shrink tube...

1641591173109248333553006555397 (resized).jpg1641591173109248333553006555397 (resized).jpg
#3623 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Went with shrink tube...
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#3624 2 years ago

This Game is for sale.

4B0D9D7A-E37D-4807-9F80-B96372FDD764 (resized).jpeg4B0D9D7A-E37D-4807-9F80-B96372FDD764 (resized).jpeg
#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

This Game is for sale.
[quoted image]

Do you have a link to the marketplace ad?

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

This Game is for sale.
[quoted image]

Where did you find the "Rudy" topper dummy? Or is it a ventriloquist's dummy?

#3627 2 years ago

Do you have a link to the marketplace ad?</

Where did you find the "Rudy" topper dummy? Or is it a ventriloquist's dummy?

Facebook. A mile away. It’s Slappy from Goosebumps. It’s pretty nice.

6D9D8B7E-9F59-4420-A4F7-559D37071605 (resized).jpeg6D9D8B7E-9F59-4420-A4F7-559D37071605 (resized).jpeg
#3628 2 years ago

Anyone know of a pair of eyes stateside for sale?

#3629 2 years ago

I picked up a Funhouse last week that had been sitting dormant for 5 years after the owner passed away. He had left the top of the playfield totally stripped, with all the parts in various boxes. I'm trying to revive the machine and the only piece that is neither in a box nor "purchasable" seems to be this metal piece at the end of the steps ramp. I know it's a longshot... but does anyone have a lead on one?

ramp2 (resized).jpgramp2 (resized).jpg
#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I picked up a Funhouse last week that had been sitting dormant for 5 years after the owner passed away. He had left the top of the playfield totally stripped, with all the parts in various boxes. I'm trying to revive the machine and the only piece that is neither in a box nor "purchasable" seems to be this metal piece at the end of the steps ramp. I know it's a longshot... but does anyone have a lead on one?[quoted image]

It may not be available for funouse.

But a very similar sized piece can probably be found from another game that could be used effectively.

With a little modification.

#3631 2 years ago

It may not be available for funouse.
But a very similar sized piece can probably be found from another game that could be used effectively.
With a little modification.

Or make one/have it made.

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

Or make one/have it made.

Yep, lots of fabricators available.

I just got a quote from a huge fabricator for a few parts.

Its very reasonable.

And, from sample to proto in one day.

#3633 2 years ago

Need some help with these last few plastics from a new set. None of these were on my game when I tore it down, and I cant find any of them in other resto threads.
Where do these go?

20220110_194547 (resized).jpg20220110_194547 (resized).jpg
#3634 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I picked up a Funhouse last week that had been sitting dormant for 5 years after the owner passed away. He had left the top of the playfield totally stripped, with all the parts in various boxes. I'm trying to revive the machine and the only piece that is neither in a box nor "purchasable" seems to be this metal piece at the end of the steps ramp. I know it's a longshot... but does anyone have a lead on one?[quoted image]

Cliffy might have it, or might be willing to make one for you. He has a FH in his shop, so he could dupe the part, just not sure he has the time. Drop him a note...

#3635 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Need some help with these last few plastics from a new set. None of these were on my game when I tore it down, and I cant find any of them in other resto threads.
Where do these go?
[quoted image]

Definitely not on my game either. I originally thought with the small ones anyway that they were pieces cutout from within larger pieces that were to be removed. But its too coincidental that these exact plastics are in my set too, and there are no larger plastics that have those colors/holes with those shapes. You would think they go on top of something to prevent a ball getting trapped like some of the other ones that are stock.

As for the large yellow one, I couldn’t find anywhere that the hole patterns could line up to, or what benefit it would have. Shooter lane cover - but how to secure it, and why?

8AB6F9E0-E99B-42E0-BDFE-DA5DF7FB2B3C (resized).jpeg8AB6F9E0-E99B-42E0-BDFE-DA5DF7FB2B3C (resized).jpeg
#3636 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Where do these go?
[quoted image]

The big plastic does not go on the game at all.

Check IPDB pics for installations

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Cliffy might have it, or might be willing to make one for you. He has a FH in his shop, so he could dupe the part, just not sure he has the time. Drop him a note...

Great idea, I'll contact him. Thanks!

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Definitely not on my game either. I originally thought with the small ones anyway that they were pieces cutout from within larger pieces that were to be removed. But its too coincidental that these exact plastics are in my set too, and there are no larger plastics that have those colors/holes with those shapes. You would think they go on top of something to prevent a ball getting trapped like some of the other ones that are stock.
As for the large yellow one, I couldn’t find anywhere that the hole patterns could line up to, or what benefit it would have. Shooter lane cover - but how to secure it, and why? [quoted image]

The part number is definitely FH, but it is not on my game. Many times they have plastics in these sets that didn't ultimately make it on the game. It must be one of those.

#3639 2 years ago

Thanks guys
I didn't think the large rectangular plastic was used, but was not sure about those little guys.
I guess they are just "extras"...

#3640 2 years ago

this is the only place that i could figure out that the large yellow plastic went

screenshot (resized).jpgscreenshot (resized).jpg
#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Where do these go?
[quoted image]

Popcorn plastic looks like this one just below upper flipper.

Btw - anyone have a spare plastic that goes below that popcorn plastic? Looks like mine lost a screw and then broke at the corner. I don't see anywhere to buy one without buying whole set.

20220111_081454 (resized).jpg20220111_081454 (resized).jpg
#3642 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Btw - anyone have a spare plastic that goes below that popcorn plastic? Looks like mine lost a screw and then broke at the corner. I don't see anywhere to buy one without buying whole set.
[quoted image]

Which corner of that one do you feel is broken? It looks complete to me (bottom right of pic of plastic pieces on my table is that one you're talking about, right?)

IMG_4594 (resized).JPGIMG_4594 (resized).JPG
#3643 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

[quoted image]

There is another one in the set that goes there, similar but diff shape.

#3644 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Which corner of that one do you feel is broken? It looks complete to me (bottom right of pic of plastic pieces on my table is that one you're talking about, right?)[quoted image]

It broke on the corner close to the "S" target. I was playing when the broken plastic piece came flying down the pf. Took me a while to figure out where it went because the break looks natural.

How is the quality on the reproduction FH plastics? Last plastic set I bought was for FT and not too happy with colors and thin paint.

#3645 2 years ago

The Eyes have it! ... or we have the Eyes ... Various variations of Eyeballs finally we have put on the store and in stock now for Roadshow and Funhouse - these are original WMS tooling - and using the later (better) style which uses the brass grommets for longer life ...

We did:
- Original White
- Transluscent White
- Clear

With both Blue and Green Pupils ... if we get bored we may do some additional things (bloodshot, etc) ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

FHRS-EYES (resized).jpgFHRS-EYES (resized).jpg
#3646 2 years ago

Is that 17.50 per eye or per set?

#3647 2 years ago

Per Eye ... these are not simple to make (correct) ...

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Is that 17.50 per eye or per set?

#3648 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Per Eye ... these are not simple to make (correct) ...

These are desperately needed!

Thanks for making these.

#3649 2 years ago

I reached out to PPS after the announcement of the eyeballs becoming available to have the trap door lift crank arm made. part #A-14160. PPS said about three months and they've been ordered....for those of you looking for this hard to find part....sweet...

#3650 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how the translucent eyeballs look in a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.