20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 102.
#3501 2 years ago

Ditto!! Rudy meet MacGyver!!

#3502 2 years ago

I really love funhouse n want one. I found one for 7000$ can u get new play field n different parts for it still I was just wondering before I decide to go with maybe a Deadpool or something.

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I really love funhouse n want one. I found one for 7000$ can u get new play field n different parts for it still I was just wondering before I decide to go with maybe a Deadpool or something.

If you are paying 7k, you shouldn't be needing a new pf....or much anything for parts. It should be nearly immaculate.

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you are paying 7k, you shouldn't be needing a new pf....or much anything for parts. It should be nearly immaculate.

No it looks pretty good but I was just seeing how available parts were for it. Cause I’m picky n like for my pins to stay in top notch so I know if I get one I’ll start picking it apart so to speak lol.

#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:can u get new play field n different parts for it still

Yes, most parts are available for a restoration or repairs

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

No it looks pretty good but I was just seeing how available parts were for it. Cause I’m picky n like for my pins to stay in top notch so I know if I get one I’ll start picking it apart so to speak lol.

The hardest parts to find are the Rudy head/eyes. Otherwise, I think everything else can be found.

#3507 2 years ago

Finally pulled my trapdoor out so i can replace the broken entry flap. Need to wait for the new trap door /decal to arrive then i’m all set to reassemble. My hinge is decent and my game does have the trap door stop installed.

For those wondering, i was able to source the flap from Cliff Rinear (aka Cliffy). Ordered a spare too.

Also pulled my mirrored backglass out and installed it. Figured why keep waiting for the restore, glass is safest in the game. What a difference. Also really happy with the fit of system 11 trim as per the tip from pinballinreno

8300FF1B-0313-4A80-A247-1394726F31A9 (resized).jpeg8300FF1B-0313-4A80-A247-1394726F31A9 (resized).jpeg
#3508 2 years ago

And done! Playfield is back in. Everything is working. Have a few little things to tweak and all will be awesome. Plays like a completely different game now

20211227_110653 (resized).jpg20211227_110653 (resized).jpg20211227_110700 (resized).jpg20211227_110700 (resized).jpg
#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

So, this is a $3500 Funhouse now?!!?!?!!?
I'm SO done with this hobby....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah, most of this machine needs to be thrown away....transformer looks shot too...Yeesh...

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah, most of this machine needs to be thrown away....transformer looks shot too...Yeesh...

The whole thing is junk, there may be a half dozen PF parts that could even be reused. The entire cabinet and everything electronic, including all the boards are water destroyed, the MPU isnt even there. I might haul it away to the dump if he paid ME! That guy is insane, and i'm fed up with asshats like him (and the idiots who are paying these STOOPID prices) destroying the hobby that ive been able to comfortably afford for over 30 years.
Ive been in the hunt for a decent Funhouse, at a fair price, for over a decade, and guys like that infuriate me!! I give up...

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Finally pulled my trapdoor out so i can replace the broken entry flap. Need to wait for the new trap door /decal to arrive then i’m all set to reassemble. My hinge is decent and my game does have the trap door stop installed.
For those wondering, i was able to source the flap from Cliff Rinear (aka Cliffy). Ordered a spare too.
Also pulled my mirrored backglass out and installed it. Figured why keep waiting for the restore, glass is safest in the game. What a difference. Also really happy with the fit of system 11 trim as per the tip from pinballinreno [quoted image]

A missing door stop for the trap door is responsible for bent flaps and broken hinges.

Make sure you have it installed:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10223

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

A missing door stop for the trap door is responsible for bent flaps and broken hinges.

Yep its on there. But when i got the game the screw holding the stop was loose so it wasn’t doing its job well. Had to pull the subway off to tighten it up.

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The hardest parts to find are the Rudy head/eyes. Otherwise, I think everything else can be found.

Trapdoor crank arm has been NLA for a long time.

#3514 2 years ago

Back in the club. I really missed this game. This is the game that started it all for me back in 2004.

4AA584DF-B686-4C92-8185-D77E610C4F8D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg4AA584DF-B686-4C92-8185-D77E610C4F8D_1_105_c (resized).jpegAE560481-61C8-4339-B345-18FFF7B40BD4_1_105_c (resized).jpegAE560481-61C8-4339-B345-18FFF7B40BD4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#3515 2 years ago

What is this solenoid for?

77693382-C50B-45D9-AC4E-F86A9D75FAE8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg77693382-C50B-45D9-AC4E-F86A9D75FAE8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#3516 2 years ago

Coil for the head speakers

#3517 2 years ago

I...have....never....*gotta check this out....

#3519 2 years ago

Mine was missing also. My FH did not have it. I replaced the playfield some years ago but never knew it was missing.

I made my own piece out of a small metal corner brace. I ground the one side down till it hit the trap door. Works.

#3520 2 years ago

My Rudy head plastic and jaw are fine (thankfully), but after reading about how those parts are terribly hard to find, I wanted to see what was out there in terms of spares.

Found this jaw piece: https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/funhouse-jaw-rudy.html

As well as this one that is referred to as the "oval lips": https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/funhouse-jaw-rudy-oval-lips.html

I assume the oval lips one isn't the one meant for Rudy? The other one looks closer to the one on my game. Is the expectation that you paint the lips yourself? Anyone buy these before? Feedback? Good/bad?

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My Rudy head plastic and jaw are fine (thankfully), but after reading about how those parts are terribly hard to find, I wanted to see what was out there in terms of spares.
Found this jaw piece: https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/funhouse-jaw-rudy.html
As well as this one that is referred to as the "oval lips": https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/funhouse-jaw-rudy-oval-lips.html
I assume the oval lips one isn't the one meant for Rudy? The other one looks closer to the one on my game. Is the expectation that you paint the lips yourself? Anyone buy these before? Feedback? Good/bad?

I believe that the oval lip version is for "Red" from Roadshow

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Planetary sells them...in stock...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1161-1

#3523 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I have a repro Rudy head.

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have a repro Rudy head.[quoted image]

Are you selling that? I could use one

#3525 2 years ago

I never really looked Ed up, but a discussion in the Nightmare 2.0 thread made me wonder. So here is a photo to go with the voice of Rudy, as he looks today!!! (Ed Boon)

440px-Ed_Boon_at_E3_2013_(cropped) (resized).jpg440px-Ed_Boon_at_E3_2013_(cropped) (resized).jpg

#3526 2 years ago

And then if the picture of Ed Boon isn't enough nostalgia for me, here is the only song I could find that was inspired by Ed's famous "Get Yourself A Hot Dawg". (Enough googling for me for the day!) LOL

https://mikevotava.bandcamp.com/track/get-yourself-a-hot-dawg

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

And then if the picture of Ed Boon isn't enough nostalgia for me, here is the only song I could find that was inspired by Ed's famous "Get Yourself A Hot Dawg". (Enough googling for me for the day!) LOL
https://mikevotava.bandcamp.com/track/get-yourself-a-hot-dawg

He's not in hiding.

But if someone were to approach him with a good natured offer?

Who knows what could be accomplished!

For me (personally), if I heard that one of my popular works was being butchered..., I'd see what I could do...

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Coil for the head speakers

Ok, but what does that mean / what does it do? I just got to this part of my restoration and was like - is this another knocker?

#3529 2 years ago

He's not in hiding.
But if someone were to approach him with a good natured offer?
Who knows what could be accomplished!
For me (personally), if I heard that one of my popular works was being butchered..., I'd see what I could do...

I was thinking the same. He has a twitter account. Do we all ask nicely? Maybe a “grass roots” campaign would get his attention.

#3530 2 years ago

It's pinsound right? Always possible to crowd source him to do it later.

#3531 2 years ago

I would definitely pay to get a high quality update to the original soundtrack. And maybe some expansion. But it would have to be original voice. I can’t handle the new voices.

#3532 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Ok, but what does that mean / what does it do? I just got to this part of my restoration and was like - is this another knocker?

The coil there acts as a filter to cut off low frequencies from the head speakers

#3533 2 years ago

Flipped on Rudy for the first time in a week and noticed that the lower GI is out. What’s the protocol on checking for issues?

DDB27C6E-A563-4FAD-B78D-26AC339847A9 (resized).jpegDDB27C6E-A563-4FAD-B78D-26AC339847A9 (resized).jpeg
#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Flipped on Rudy for the first time in a week and noticed that the lower GI is out. What’s the protocol on checking for issues?
[quoted image]

Check the fuses in the lower left corner of the dr8ver board.

Most likely is a burned connector for the GI. J120 and or J121. It will look brown or black. If burned both male and female parts need to be replaced.

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

[quoted image]

Had this happen also . The lock bar lever shorted the coin door terminals blowing a fuse .
I don’t remember which fuse but the manual is online you just have to google it .
And if your lever isn’t insulated I highly recommend wrapping it with electrical tape .

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Had this happen also . The lock bar lever shorted the coin door terminals blowing a fuse .
I don’t remember which fuse but the manual is online you just have to google it .
And if your lever isn’t insulated I highly recommend wrapping it with electrical tape .

"lever isn’t insulated I highly recommend wrapping it with electrical tape". What does this do. I think mine is wrapped in tape. Is that for shock when you grab it?

#3537 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

"lever isn’t insulated I highly recommend wrapping it with electrical tape". What does this do. I think mine is wrapped in tape. Is that for shock when you grab it?

It isn't to protect you from getting a shock. It's to protect your game. The lever handle creates a short to ground and so if you close the door with the lever handle in the unlocked position, it can contact the coin door lamps and short that circuit out.

Only place I know of to buy replacements is through Pinball Medics in Ottawa. Assuming you want something prettier than the electrical tape.

https://pinballmedics.ca/product/2-14-yellow-sleeve-for-wmsbally-lockdown-bar-lever/

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

the lower GI is out.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

I tested the GI fuses and all were well. I also checked the connectors and none looked burnt or charred. In dong that I re-seated them and turned on the game, and the lower GI lights were back on! So either something had come loose, or I have a solder connection that may need fixing. The process of taking the fuses out, testing, and re-seating them and the plugs did the trick.

I also checked the lock bar lever, and realized that I had already wrapped that with tape previously. So, for now we're lit!!

#3539 2 years ago

Will be uploading in the next couple of weeks the full Rudy front and back STL files . Private use only please don’t use these to make money
No hard finding expensive replacement when you can print your own. Still busy making all the sizes correct .

A4E6CF0A-DF35-46CC-B40C-979BBA8E1672 (resized).jpegA4E6CF0A-DF35-46CC-B40C-979BBA8E1672 (resized).jpegAE5DACD4-0CC0-4166-91D4-E45B0E586CCB (resized).jpegAE5DACD4-0CC0-4166-91D4-E45B0E586CCB (resized).jpeg

#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Will be uploading in the next couple of weeks the full Rudy front and back STL files

Wow! Thank you so much for this gift to Funhouse collectors. I'm really excited to try printing one!

#3541 2 years ago

Will keep you all updated

#3542 2 years ago

Here's a link to pinball life. Cheaper!

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-14-yellow-handle-sleeve-for-williamsbally-lockdown-bar-lever-guide-receiver-assembly.html

Quoted from AlexRogan84:

It isn't to protect you from getting a shock. It's to protect your game. The lever handle creates a short to ground and so if you close the door with the lever handle in the unlocked position, it can contact the coin door lamps and short that circuit out.
Only place I know of to buy replacements is through Pinball Medics in Ottawa. Assuming you want something prettier than the electrical tape.
https://pinballmedics.ca/product/2-14-yellow-sleeve-for-wmsbally-lockdown-bar-lever/

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Or buy a jar of the plasti dip from any hardware store in a variety of colors and dip it yourself.

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Or buy a jar of the plasti dip from any hardware store in a variety of colors and dip it yourself.

Harbor freight has a good price on it, but you never know, it might be cheaper elsewhere.

I bought it from Harbor freight.

#3546 2 years ago

Slowly but surely getting Rudy back to world of the living... as always, finding out I needed to order yet another part or five so [XYZ] can go back together.

20211231_165825 (resized).jpg20211231_165825 (resized).jpg
#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Slowly but surely getting Rudy back to world of the living

Oh wow! Did you powder coat all
The mechs under the playfield? Never thought about that?! Every time
I do a playfield swap. I’ve just cleaned the stuff under the playfield, polished all the stuff topside and installed them. Looks great.

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Use black or colored heat shrink, works perfectly, looks pro, doesn't get gooey from heat, and wont come off unless you cut it off with a knife.

#3549 2 years ago

Getting back to my lower GI issue. Well, I fired up Rudy yesterday, and the lower GI were out again (including coin door lights). I tested all of the fuses (with a multi-meter) and none are blown. I checked all of the connections, and nothing looked out of sorts. And yes, my lock bar is wrapped.

I've owned pinball machines for 25+ years, and have been somewhat lucky with mechanical & electronic issues. Given that, I'm rather ignorant of what should or shouldn't happen given particular circumstances. So, if there is a short, does that automatically blow a fuse?

My next step is to lift the playfield and see if there are any obvious issues. I've also found a few threads that might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-gi-problem

and

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f109-blowing-and-gi-string-out-wpc-jm-please-help#post-2471140

I'm open to other suggestions as well!

#3550 2 years ago

If you reseated everything last time and it came back on, I would suggest you have a cold solder joint on the header pins for the gi. Reflow those and see how you go. Sounds plausible especially as you say there are no signs of burnt connectors

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 5,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/71?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.