IMG_5409 (resized).JPG
IMG_20211102_202706076 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211102_202106975 (resized).jpg
support1.jpg
IMG_20211030_195405 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211030-232622 (resized).png
IMG_20211030_203656 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211030_195702 (resized).jpg

There are 3,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 69.
#3401 6 days ago

I think I just found the live action Rudy.

pasted_image (resized).png
#3402 6 days ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I want the funhouse kit but I need to wait and see gameplay and also how easy it is to switch to regular old funhouse. Like many it was the game that got me hooked. I love the new lcd scoreboard, it looks great, just hope we get a stream soon or maybe one will be at Pincinnatti?.

I look at the upgrade kit as being a new PLATFORM for Funhouse that *could* be expanded over time. The problem with all of the older Bally/WMS machines is the ROM code base is ancient, and the platform is out of production and proprietary/closed and even the new work PPS/Soren is doing for a handful of the older games is hand-coded binary/assembly language patching. There is only so much you can do with that level of difficulty, and there is only so much room in the ROMs for new tweaking at that. The new FAST CPU board based upgrade kit breathes new life into the platform, and will ship with some first version "V.95" code or something like it, and if they wanted to, they could (and probably will) release new code versions over time, .98, 1.01, 1.02, etc etc. All kinds of new code and new rules, new graphics, etc is easy to create once you plumb in a new computing platform with modern programming support. That said, the liklihood of new software versions will be based on HOW MANY of the upgrade kits are sold... but I think we'll see a bunch going out the door!

#3403 6 days ago

When we get our 2.0 kit, we will DEFINITELY be streaming it. Probably even do an install stream.

#3404 3 days ago

Lots of wanted adds on FB for FH and offering big money..could Rudy be the next AF … it’s happening

#3405 2 days ago

I am really excited for the upgrade/retheme, and have already put my name on the Planetary Pinball list!

But, I am really interested to know if the new dialogue spoken by Rudy will still actuate his mouth correctly as was originally programmed. I can't see any indication of this in the teaser video. Larry Demar spent hundreds of hours programming the movement of Rudy's jaw to be in snyc with the audio. I really hope this is carried forward to this update, or else you will lose a significant part of the experience.

Funhouse values just shot up substantially.

#3406 2 days ago

This kit couldn't have come at a better time. I bought my Funhouse in 2005 for $650. It's a true players game. The people I got it from had it in front of a window in their house. They must have left the window open during rain because the back of the head and back of cab have water damage. I've shopped the playfield, upgraded the flipper mechs to newer style and rebuilt Rudy so game plays great. Just looks beat to hell. LOL Since I've owned it all these years I was ready to list my Funhouse for sale to take advantage of these crazy prices going on now. Now it's going to be my first total restore. Gonna need new cab, decals, playfield, ramps and of course the new kit.

#3407 2 days ago

What sources are there for new FH playfields? Is Mirco the only choice? What is the quality of these and how are the holes and dimples?

Thanks

#3408 2 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:What sources are there for new FH playfields? Is Mirco the only choice? What is the quality of these and how are the holes and dimples?
Thanks

If your original is not a basket case, consider sending it off for restoration and clear coat. I got mine back from CaptainNeo and it looks great. Price for restoration was about the same as a new Mirco and its a lot easier to repopulate because all the holes are accurate for mech placement.

183b1adf2e46e8c3d7cfc6a8d328cd22381c88c3 (resized).jpg
Resized_20210907_141044 (resized).jpeg

#3409 2 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I got mine back from CaptainNeo

Nice! I'd love to do a playfield swap, but I don't think my nerves could handle it.

#3410 2 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Will these be limited, or produced to demand?

If your original is not a basket case, consider sending it off for restoration and clear coat. I got mine back from CaptainNeo and it looks great. Price for restoration was about the same as a new Mirco and its a lot easier to repopulate because all the holes are accurate for mech placement.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wish I had done this instead of a new Mirco.

#3411 2 days ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Lots of wanted adds on FB for FH and offering big money..could Rudy be the next AF … it’s happening

The ultimate project, but the MATH really adds up. Get a players FH for $6-8000, get a repro or refinished playfield for $1000, add another $2000 for the upgrade kit, and $750 for a new cabinet, $400 for cabinet decals, $300 for coindoor and legs, and maybe $500 in misc playfield parts. All-in, $11-13K and 80 hours of work and you'd have a shiny new FH 2.0

(Now if I only had 80 hours...)

#3412 2 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

What sources are there for new FH playfields? Is Mirco the only choice? What is the quality of these and how are the holes and dimples?
Thanks

You may get lucky and find one of the repro pf that IPB did back in the day. They are superior to the Mirco playfields.

#3413 2 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The ultimate project, but the MATH really adds up. Get a players FH for $6-8000, get a repro or refinished playfield for $1000, add another $2000 for the upgrade kit, and $750 for a new cabinet, $400 for cabinet decals, $300 for coindoor and legs, and maybe $500 in misc playfield parts. All-in, $11-13K and 80 hours of work and you'd have a shiny new FH 2.0
(Now if I only had 80 hours...)

I have $7K in parts on my FH right now after the restoration. But that includes: IPB heavily cleared playfield, Pinsound, CPR glass, Pinnscore and a shaker.

Adding another $2k would definitely put it on the high end to sell it, so about $15K delivered.

And I think it will fetch that.

But its an extremely high end restore as no switch, post or screw wasnt replaced.

#3414 1 day ago

Can someone post a pic of where this stop gets installed?
Its the aftermarket stop bracket... thanks

20211127_084720 (resized).jpg
#3415 1 day ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Can someone post a pic of where this stop gets installed?
Its the aftermarket stop bracket... thanks
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that is an add-on part that gets installed under the playfield at the end of the trap door. It takes a single screw (drilled pilot hole required) and it prevents the trap door from dropping below the playfield too far. Look at the area of the playfield where the trap door is installed, away from the hinge, and you should see open space. The small part of the bracket is intended to sit up thru the playfield so the trap door can rest on it when closed. You'll also need to make sure your trap door flap is straight as that can bend over time of the door has closed a million times over the last 30 years. If the flap is already bent, you'll want to replace that flap too (a harder fix).

#3416 1 day ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Pretty sure that is an add-on part that gets installed under the playfield at the end of the trap door. It takes a single screw (drilled pilot hole required) and it prevents the trap door from dropping below the playfield too far. Look at the area of the playfield where the trap door is installed, away from the hinge, and you should see open space. The small part of the bracket is intended to sit up thru the playfield so the trap door can rest on it when closed. You'll also need to make sure your trap door flap is straight as that can bend over time of the door has closed a million times over the last 30 years. If the flap is already bent, you'll want to replace that flap too (a harder fix).

Gotcha, thanks.
Its a new trap door so I want to protect it from the start.

20211127_090505 (resized).jpg
#3417 1 day ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Gotcha, thanks.
Its a new trap door so I want to protect it from the start.[quoted image]

Very often overlooked

#3418 11 hours ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

This kit couldn't have come at a better time. Now it's going to be my first total restore. Gonna need new cab, decals, playfield, ramps and of course the new kit.

Funny you say that, I feel the same way. I am finishing up a Firepower rebuild and my plan was to then shop out my Funhouse as I've owned it for a few years and have never disassembled it. Looking forward to also get some new decals for mine as the sideart is a bit color faded.

There are 3,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 69.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside