20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 102.
#3301 2 years ago

That makes sense. Thanks a bunch.

#3302 2 years ago

I might be alone in this but I got new pop bumper caps and they are clear but I don't like that I can see through them to the bulb. I wish there was a translucent version but they don't seem to make one that I can find. I experimented with painting the underside white on some old caps but it looks kind of cheesy. Anyone know where to find translucent ones or a trick to make them that way?

Also, anyone know where to find the stickers that go on top?

1021210734 (resized).jpg1021210734 (resized).jpg1021210736_HDR (resized).jpg1021210736_HDR (resized).jpg
#3303 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I might be alone in this but I got new pop bumper caps and they are clear but I don't like that I can see through them to the bulb. I wish there was a translucent version but they don't seem to make one that I can find. I experimented with painting the underside white on some old caps but it looks kind of cheesy. Anyone know where to find translucent ones or a trick to make them that way?
Also, anyone know where to find the stickers that go on top?[quoted image][quoted image]

Get the translucent bodies:

http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=772

And the disc lights from comet:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/pop-bumper-discs

The look is very good and modern without being over the top.

Stickers come and go but pinball center usually has them:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/funhouse/10129/bumper-decals-for-funhouse

Contact Zitt to get them ordered on his next bulk order.

#3304 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Get the translucent bodies:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=772
And the disc lights from comet:
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/pop-bumper-discs
The look is very good and modern without being over the top.
Stickers come and go but pinball center usually has them:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/funhouse/10129/bumper-decals-for-funhouse
Contact Zitt to get them ordered on his next bulk order.

Thanks for this.

I would say the caps from Pinball-mods are called "translucent" but they appear to be more "transparent". Maybe what I want just doesn't exist.

#3305 2 years ago

Thanks for this.
I would say the caps from Pinball-mods are called "translucent" but they appear to be more "transparent". Maybe what I want just doesn't exist.

Hint #1:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings#post-6371303

Hint #2:
Apply Scotch Brite on bumper caps to create a matte finish (less transparent).

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hint #1:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings#post-6371303
Hint #2:
Apply Scotch Brite on bumper caps to create a matte finish (less transparent).

That's a good idea, thanks.

#3307 2 years ago

You could spray the caps with flat clear coat spray paint.

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

You could spray the caps with flat clear coat spray paint.

Yeah that is what I did in the end and they came out pretty good.

1025211208_HDR (resized).jpg1025211208_HDR (resized).jpg
#3309 2 years ago

Just finished the reassembly of my Funhouse and I got a new set of plastics. I didn't end up using them all and some of my old ones were still in pretty good shape. I don't really have a use for them now and if someone had some broken plastics they wanted to replace I would send them to you if you pay for shipping. Note it is not a complete set. The ones on the left are the new set (they are cloudy because they have a protective coat on) and the ones on the right are the old ones that are still in good shape. PM me if you are interested.

1026211315 (resized).jpg1026211315 (resized).jpg

Note I want give them to someone with a near term need not just someone who wants them for their parts collection.

#3310 2 years ago

Yeah that is what I did in the end and they came out pretty good.[quoted image]

Those look pretty good. How do they look lit up?

#3311 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Those look pretty good. How do they look lit up?

They look fine. A little subdued. I actually have the comet 5 LEDs on top. If I did it again I would use the airbrush instead of the rattle can. It is just a little to heavy.

1026211915e_HDR (resized).jpg1026211915e_HDR (resized).jpg
#3312 2 years ago

I finished my restore today. I have showed some pictures along the way but here is the final. I am pretty happy with it. I would do some things differently on the cabinet decals but it was my first one and it came out okay. The playfield is almost perfect and Rudy came out great. I also really like the red powder coat. I had a couple of issues to resolve after plugging it back in but nothing major.

Although the best thing is how fun it is to play, I got this in pretty rough shape and haven't actually played it but was very happily surprised at all the different things there are to do for a early 90s game. I love Whirlwind and Earthshaker but I actually think this might be more fun.

1026211349a_HDR (resized).jpg1026211349a_HDR (resized).jpg1026211349b_HDR (resized).jpg1026211349b_HDR (resized).jpg1026211407 (resized).jpg1026211407 (resized).jpg
#3313 2 years ago

I finished my restore today. I have showed some pictures along the way but here is the final. I am pretty happy with it. I would do some things differently on the cabinet decals but it was my first one and it came out okay. The playfield is almost perfect and Rudy came out great. I also really like the red powder coat. I had a couple of issues to resolve after plugging it back in but nothing major.
Although the best thing is how fun it is to play, I got this in pretty rough shape and haven't actually played it but was very happily surprised at all the different things there are to do for a early 90s game. I love Whirlwind and Earthshaker but I actually think this might be more fun.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really good. I like that red powder coat too. Nice job.

You got apron cards of some kind to go in there?

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

That looks really good. I like that red powder coat too. Nice job.
You got apron cards of some kind to go in there?

Yeah, I am going to get them tomorrow.

#3315 2 years ago

Yeah, I am going to get them tomorrow.

Right on. Lots of different ones to pick from. I made my own using images uploaded here on the forum. Just went to Staples and had them print on slightly heavier paper. Turned out pretty well.

IMG_4470 (resized).JPGIMG_4470 (resized).JPG
#3316 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Right on. Lots of different ones to pick from. I made my own using images uploaded here on the forum. Just went to Staples and had them print on slightly heavier paper. Turned out pretty well.[quoted image]

It would drive me crazy to have the instructions on the right

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It would drive me crazy to have the instructions on the right

lol... are they supposed to be on the left? I mean as a general rule of thumb?

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

lol... are they supposed to be on the left? I mean as a general rule of thumb?

Yeah, the instructions are on the left and pricing/ Freeplay card on the right. Not that ya can't do whatever you want

#3319 2 years ago

Just finished the reassembly of my Funhouse and I got a new set of plastics. I didn't end up using them all and some of my old ones were still in pretty good shape. I don't really have a use for them now and if someone had some broken plastics they wanted to replace I would send them to you if you pay for shipping. Note it is not a complete set. The ones on the left are the new set (they are cloudy because they have a protective coat on) and the ones on the right are the old ones that are still in good shape. PM me if you are interested.
[quoted image]
Note I want give them to someone with a near term need not just someone who wants them for their parts collection.

Plastics are gone to a good home. I had a couple other folks ask so I thought I would update.

#3320 2 years ago

Saw this fun Easter egg while making a playlist and looking at the WHO album from 2019.

Screenshot 2021-11-02 094239 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-11-02 094239 (resized).png
#3321 2 years ago

New club member here! Wanted a funhouse for many years and am very happy to have one now. I've had it a couple weeks and just finished a teardown/clean/shop/restore job. Looks good to me. It was a reimport once in its life so I still need a US coin door. But for the most part its good to go.
IMG_20211029_151541 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_151541 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211029_151616 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_151616 (resized).jpg
-Jim

#3322 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

New club member here! Wanted a funhouse for many years and am very happy to have one now. I've had it a couple weeks and just finished a teardown/clean/shop/restore job. Looks good to me. It was a reimport once in its life so I still need a US coin door. But for the most part its good to go.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
-Jim

Congrats! Looks like a nice clean game.

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
-Jim

FH is a great machine. Period. You will love it. The machine looks like its clean and in great shape. There is some front panel paint missing that catches my eye, but easy enough to fix. One consideration is to put the mirror lights back to as shipped by factory. https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=966&picno=4643 (top to bottom: Red, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, green)

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

FH is a great machine. Period. You will love it. The machine looks like its clean and in great shape. There is some front panel paint missing that catches my eye, but easy enough to fix. One consideration is to put the mirror lights back to as shipped by factory. https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=966&picno=4643 (top to bottom: Red, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, green)

Thanks, I'll take a look at the original lights and figure out what works for me. Side Note: I'm color blind so I tend to stay away from colors that are hard for me to see.

-Jim

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Thanks, I'll take a look at the original lights and figure out what works for me. Side Note: I'm color blind so I tend to stay away from colors that are hard for me to see.
-Jim

No worries. I have seen every combination of lights in those 6 sockets on various machines over the years! From full on rainbow to all clear. I ended up with two red on the ends, two green and two yellow in the middle. I will say that I much preferred the colored stained glass translucent incandescent bulbs for each color rather than using the vinyl bulb condoms for color. Looks more authentic to period.

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
-Jim

Congrats, nice machine. You might consider getting rid of that giant plastic on top of the ramp and replacing it with a simple ball guide as shown below. Really cleans up the appearance and provides better visibility.
Deflector2 (resized).pngDeflector2 (resized).pngDeflectorScan (resized).jpgDeflectorScan (resized).jpgdeflector2 (resized).jpgdeflector2 (resized).jpgdeflector3 (resized).jpgdeflector3 (resized).jpg

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

Congrats, nice machine. You might consider getting rid of that giant plastic on top of the ramp and replacing it with as simple ball guide as shown below. Really cleans up the appearance and provides better visibility. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think is prefer it factory, but do you have a pic of the playfield with that setup for comparison?

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think is prefer it factory, but do you have a pic of the playfield with that setup for comparison?

PFfull1 (resized).jpgPFfull1 (resized).jpg
#3329 2 years ago

Here is a close-up of what I believe is factory. It is pretty clunky to be honest.

1102211606_HDR (resized).jpg1102211606_HDR (resized).jpg
#3330 2 years ago

Here is a close-up of what I believe is factory. It is pretty clunky to be honest.[quoted image]

Its a cleaner look indeed!

I wonder if it adds some ball hang/trap issues.

The factory part seems to address this.

#3331 2 years ago

Those are interesting. I knew the piece on mine wasn't factory and I kinda like the art on it, but I will have to investigate the options.
Thanks,
Jim

#3332 2 years ago

Wanted to share my 10 year old Sterling's Halloween costume he made & wore to expo last weekend.. enjoy . If anybody ever has an old funhouse translite or playfield not worth putting in a game , he'd love one for his room.

FB_IMG_1635871808480 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635871808480 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_195405 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_195405 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_195702 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_195702 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_203656 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_203656 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211030-232622 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211030-232622 (resized).png
#3333 2 years ago

Hahve anuda Hawt Dawg

#3334 2 years ago

Here is a close-up of what I believe is factory. It is pretty clunky to be honest.[quoted image]

I kinda always felt like it should be left alone, but the more I look, it does look nice and clean like that. I don't even know if that little add on would be needed, really. I can't see a ball ever getting up there, but I think I'm gonna take mine off and see what happens

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I kinda always felt like it should be left alone, but the more I look, it does look nice and clean like that. I don't even know if that little add on would be needed, really. I can't see a ball ever getting up there, but I think I'm gonna take mine off and see what happens

Yeah I was reassembling and I thought I had it upside down because the posts are downward. It seems like overkill. I mean it is just the exist of the diverter, how much is going on there?

I think the fix looks pretty elegant, I am considering it myself but something must have been going crazy there for them to throw all those posts on. What is that second skinny white post even doing?

When I was newer to the hobby I shopped my LotRs and there was all these random plastic pieces everywhere and I thought, "These aren't doing anything", so I took a lot of them off. Suddenly my balls kept getting stuck just where those plastics were...

However, FH is hardly LotR so I think it should be fine.

#3336 2 years ago

I designed and installed that little deflector 20 years ago and the game has thousands of plays on it since then; it has never had a ball get hung up there in all those games. One other little thing I did was support the free-hanging end of the plastic ramp (see photo).

support1.jpgsupport1.jpg
#3337 2 years ago

something must have been going crazy there for them to throw all those posts on.

Ball hangs on route over tens of thousands of plays.

For home use, you probably dont need it, or coin mechs or a coin box etc.

I usually bring my restored games to full factory status, ready to route. But its really not necessary for home games.

#3338 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

I designed and installed that little deflector 20 years ago and the game has thousands of plays on it since then; it has never had a ball get hung up there in all those games. One other little thing I did was support the free-hanging end of the plastic ramp (see photo).
[quoted image]

I love that support! You could sell those.

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

[quoted image]

That is awesome. When I was reassembling I was thinking it was weird it wasn't supported out there.

#3340 2 years ago

If you have or sell any of those deflectors and/or that support, I'd be a buyer

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you have or sell any of those deflectors and/or that support, I'd be a buyer

I will have a look in my parts archive...

#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

I will have a look in my parts archive...

Sweet. It does look a lot cleaner, I took before and after shots. It doesn't really feel like it needs the support from that bracket, but it looks so sexy I would want it anyway

IMG_20211102_202106975 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_202106975 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_202706076 (resized).jpgIMG_20211102_202706076 (resized).jpg
#3343 2 years ago

I kept my original setup and did this with it:

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

[quoted image]

That is a usefull "mod"! As I reassembled I though I was missing something to support that free floating ramp. I may steal that idea.
-Jim

#3345 2 years ago

I like the original lighting scheme in my mystery mirror too. Red at the top for extra ball, green at the bottom for quick multiball and the middle ones yellow.

I did change the light colours on the steps award area though. I went with white, blue and red to kind of match the flashers. Lowest one for frenzy is blue, extra ball is red, 500k points is white.

IMG_5409 (resized).JPGIMG_5409 (resized).JPG
#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I like the original lighting scheme

I'm in awe of the score!!

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I'm in awe of the score!!

Thanks!! That game was nuts. 51 Rudy hits, lol. I changed it from winning an extra credit to getting an extra ball and it just went on forever after that. Was definitely feeling in the zone for that one.

2 weeks later
#3349 2 years ago

Funhouse: Rudy's Nightmare looks cool and interesting, but a bit pricier then I thought it would be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Davis, CA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/67?hl=marklard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.