20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 102.
#3051 2 years ago

Boo! Never send money to that crook!

#3052 2 years ago

sorry......it was the only place that i seen that supposedly had them in stock.......just trying to help......did not know about the whole crook thing

#3053 2 years ago

I know, you were only trying to help. Good on ya! But if no one says anything, it continues unabated.

Time to bump those threads again!

It is unconscionable how payment processors continue to accept international payments to him just to get their few percent, when he never has any intention of shipping the merchandise. Nor should they accept domestic orders then, either.

Crazy how he has stuff no one else seems to, though! (I wonder if he even has some of those unobtainium pieces. Maybe sometimes he doesn't, tells domestic customers oops they're out of stock, and pockets the international ones?)

How does he continue to get away with this, anyway? Too "small potatoes" to bother with? Oh well, enough muddying up this thread...

#3054 2 years ago

Joined the club last week , got a great looking Funhouse finally . I did a search about backbox lighting and found some old threads . I’m looking to brighten up the translite without washing out the colors …or go with other ideas you guys might suggest
I already know 455s for the blinkers
and 555s for the rest … just want some ideas on different colors etc …
Pics would be a great help , thanks Bucko

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I know, you were only trying to help. Good on ya! But if no one says anything, it continues unabated.
Time to bump those threads again!
It is unconscionable how payment processors continue to accept international payments to him just to get their few percent, when he never has any intention of shipping the merchandise. Nor should they accept domestic orders then, either.
Crazy how he has stuff no one else seems to, though! (I wonder if he even has some of those unobtainium pieces. Maybe sometimes he doesn't, tells domestic customers oops they're out of stock, and pockets the international ones?)
How does he continue to get away with this, anyway? Too "small potatoes" to bother with? Oh well, enough muddying up this thread...

I'm glad you posted this! I had never heard of this website nor guy or his practices... and might have bought something from there if I hadn't. So thanks, Chucky!

#3056 2 years ago

HC2016 Check out this mod. It takes some patience too install, but is well worth it and amazing. Email them and they will let you know where they're at with their next order (I think they do 10 at a time) if you're interested..

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/4594679907/funhouse-m3-backglass-title-mod/11396061

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

HC2016 Check out this mod. It takes some patience too install, but is well worth it and amazing. Email them and they will let you know where they're at with their next order (I think they do 10 at a time) if you're interested..
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/4594679907/funhouse-m3-backglass-title-mod/11396061

An even big hurdle than the difficulty of installation is the fact that it is sold out.

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

I think he's been sold out for awhile. When I had my FH, I tried to get this, and it was sold out. Now two years later, still sold out. Maybe he could make the PCB's available for DIY??

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Yes saw that mod on YouTube , it’s def awesome
But as there’re saying it’s sold out
Besides that , any other ideas for LEDs/colors ?

#3060 2 years ago

Hey Biff, I was looking at replacing my flipper switches. Dual contact on the left and single contact on the right. Referred to as "high voltage" or "heavy duty" if I'm not mistaken.

Was wondering what the flat disc on the bottom does? I think it is called a varistor. Is it necessary? I see some suppliers don't have these on their switches.

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Yes saw that mod on YouTube , it’s def awesome
But as there’re saying it’s sold out
Besides that , any other ideas for LEDs/colors ?

Contact the seller. He was talking about doing another run of these. Not sure where that stands. I was lucky enough to find one from someone that had bought one and never installed it. Install is definitely time consuming adjusting every single led. It is pretty awesome once done!

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Contact the seller. He was talking about doing another run of these. Not sure where that stands. I was lucky enough to find one from someone that had bought one and never installed it. Install is definitely time consuming adjusting every single led. It is pretty awesome once done!

I really wanted one, I think they look great...I just cant get past the fact that the "F" looks like a "J" when its lit up. I wish they would have added the 2 missing dots.

This isnt an F...
20210812_063200 (resized).jpg20210812_063200 (resized).jpg
Junhouse?
I know thats how the original looks (no dot on each side of the F) but with original lighting it looks ok.
Theres no getting around it, when its lit up it looks like a "J"

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I really wanted one, I think they look great...I just cant get past the fact that the "F" looks like a "J" when its lit up. I wish they would have added the 2 missing dots.
This isnt an F...
[quoted image]
Junhouse?
I know thats how the original looks (no dot on each side of the F) but with original lighting it looks ok.
Theres no getting around it, when its lit up it looks like a "J"

I wonder if you could mod the mod and split the signal for that one led? And put one on either side?

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I wonder if you could mod the mod and split the signal for that one led? And put one on either side?

The dots are missing on the translite as well as the CPR backglass.

Adding a couple leds isnt a problem, its that there is no place for them to shine thru.

Its an amazing mod in any case. I also hesitated due to the annoying "J" being more pronounced.

Im happy with my CPR glass, and all the LEDs in the light board working, including the #455 blinkers.

Going 100% LED in my game was fairly easy with GIOCD and LEDOCD boards.

No adjustments were needed, just the stock setup.

The best MOD I've done is the shaker from Pinsound.

It really fits the game well and adds tons of excitement.

I currently have it set to medium intensity, though you can go to high.

Medium seems best for me.

#3065 2 years ago

I would love one of those if he makes another. I hesitated buying one some time ago because I was waiting for the 3d mirrored backglass at the time which I did not think those 2 would work together. I since changed my mind and kept the original translite.

#3066 2 years ago

I have the led backglass mod and love it. I wondered whether the lack of the part of the F would make it look bad, but it does not detract at all in person. It is a real nice effect. Also, as others have said, leds in that part of the F would not shine through, so it would not look right/differ from the other 100+ dots/lights.

If you look at vintage carnival signs, many times they have this kind of quirk in their lighting which imho only makes the mod seem more authentic (albeit imperfect). Oftentimes neon lights also have similar flaws.

#3067 2 years ago

I have the both a cpr mirrored bg and the roving funhouse leds in mine. It is fan-freaking-tastic. So much better than crappy old trans light, the F/J issue is crazy talk imo.

#3068 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I have the both a cpr mirrored bg and the roving funhouse leds in mine. It is fan-freaking-tastic. So much better than crappy old trans light, the F/J issue is crazy talk imo.

Can you post a video?

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I reached out to Brandon to see if he was planning another run, or if I could help make another batch. Time will tell...

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from sb33334:

I have the led backglass mod and love it. I wondered whether the lack of the part of the F would make it look bad, but it does not detract at all in person. It is a real nice effect. Also, as others have said, leds in that part of the F would not shine through, so it would not look right/differ from the other 100+ dots/lights.
If you look at vintage carnival signs, many times they have this kind of quirk in their lighting which imho only makes the mod seem more authentic (albeit imperfect). Oftentimes neon lights also have similar flaws.

I've always loved going to my county fair at night instead of day largely because of how cool the lights are for all of the attractions. That backglass mod perfectly resembles a 1990 carnival light sign style, and I mentioned this in a different thread but that carnival light look is also why I actually prefer that Funhouse has a alphanumerical display instead of a DMD. The alphanumerical display just fits a 1990 carnival theme, and there's really no need for a DMD because Rudy acts as the table's DMD (as someone else posted a few years ago said).

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can you post a video?

I can’t get a great quality video to upload because my crappy internet connection tonight but here’s something

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I can’t get a great quality video to upload because my crappy internet connection tonight but here’s something

Thanks for that. It actually does what I suspected. It's not lighting the dots, but just the outlines, which limits the modes you can use on it. I suppose it's just a matter of taste, but for the price of the thing and everything it can do, I feel with the mirrored one it limits it quite a bit. It is cool that it works at all with it though.

BTW, very nice machine!

The reason I decided against the mirrored BG (for the game at least) is simply because my game isn't in the best shape overall and think it would stand out oddly in comparison to the rest of the game. I still want to pick one up though to do a wall hanging.

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Thanks for that. It actually does what I suspected. It's not lighting the dots, but just the outlines, which limits the modes you can use on it. I suppose it's just a matter of taste, but for the price of the thing and everything it can do, I feel with the mirrored one it limits it quite a bit. It is cool that it works at all with it though.
BTW, very nice machine!
The reason I decided against the mirrored BG (for the game at least) is simply because my game isn't in the best shape overall and think it would stand out oddly in comparison to the rest of the game. I still want to pick one up though to do a wall hanging.

I think the poor video quality is fooling you a bit. Watch the beginning of the first video where the dots sparkle. The dots definitely light up not just the letters.

I understand where your coming from, the backglass might look out of place on well played machine.

Thanks for the compliment

#3074 2 years ago

I totally agree about the led backglass mod from arcade upkeep. Lots of work to tweek the bulb locations but so worth it. Get it if you can! And also I love the carnival light feeling of walking the county fair midway at night (hence my own interactive topper with real carny bulbs). Check out the video on my post 2700.

#3075 2 years ago

I am currently restoring a Funhouse I got in trade and I am contemplating chroming the armor or powdercoating. If I powdercoat I am wondering what color and if anyone has a powdercoated one I could see as an example? I am tempted to keep it original but I have a Whirlwind that is powdercoated and it looks great so I am not sure.

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I am currently restoring a Funhouse I got in trade and I am contemplating chroming the armor or powdercoating. If I powdercoat I am wondering what color and if anyone has a powdercoated one I could see as an example? I am tempted to keep it original but I have a Whirlwind that is powdercoated and it looks great so I am not sure.

Some of my purist friends don't like it, But I love mine

44005 (resized).jpeg44005 (resized).jpegIMG_20200805_025053427 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_025053427 (resized).jpg

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Blue, that had not occurred to me. I was thinking yellow or red but blue is way more subtle. My WW has orange against blue which I like but it isn't subtle.

0121211327 (resized).jpg0121211327 (resized).jpg
#3078 2 years ago

Also, what the heck is going on with your Rudy...is that the Kiss army Rudy?

#3079 2 years ago

Also, what the heck is going on with your Rudy...is that the Kiss army Rudy?

LOL! It's Rudy in a bad mood. Another thing those friends don't like. The game came to me restored with a repro playfield.and that Rudy is basically what sold me on it

IMG_20200805_110413993 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_110413993 (resized).jpg
#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Perfect color choice

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That blue is beautiful...almost as beatifull

31DFF870-B781-4799-AAF2-328576A1C83F (resized).jpeg31DFF870-B781-4799-AAF2-328576A1C83F (resized).jpeg343F8024-9427-42CF-9DC6-71EAAFED1E67 (resized).jpeg343F8024-9427-42CF-9DC6-71EAAFED1E67 (resized).jpegF38262C2-6A3C-41BA-9A32-F100E6AF103F (resized).jpegF38262C2-6A3C-41BA-9A32-F100E6AF103F (resized).jpeg
#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

That blue is beautiful...almost as beatifull [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I actually love the chrome look. I kinda settle with powder coat because I can't stand having to wipe fingerprints off the chrome Everytime I play. Your game looks absolutely gorgeous.

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I actually love the chrome look. I kinda settle with powder coat because I can't stand having to wipe fingerprints off the chrome Everytime I play. Your game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you! I have a 5 year old... the finger prints are brutal! Hah

#3084 2 years ago

I like chrome but it is almost too nice...I am kind of leaning toward red powder.

#3085 2 years ago

I went over the chrome vs powder debate for months.

After hundreds of color choices and temporarily setting up chrome, we decided on fresh stainless.

It seems to match the over all theme better without overstating the trim vs color palette.

Powder color isnt quite exact, chrome is too dark etc.

Red or blue are the only workable powder choices.

Apple red is pretty good on this game, it was our best choice.

Dont get me wrong, all the custom jobs look pretty good.

But in the end I prefer, and chose, the stainless.

#3086 2 years ago

Thinking along with the new stainless look… is there any reliable way or method to cleaning up filth and mild surface rust on original legs? Mine are decent overall but have some ugliness to them up close. I bought brand new legs for my Getaway that were similarly beat up and so have a full set of spares to work on. New legs are a little pricey and brutal to pay for shipping so figured I would give a go to cleaning them up before buying four more.

#3087 2 years ago

Chrome.

#3088 2 years ago

I like the idea of stainless because it seems more original and generally I like that but at the same time I think powder or chrome highlight the fact it has been restored. I think chrome looks better generally and on a more serious theme would be awesome but Funhouse is such a goofy theme I am kind of thinking more color works better. I don't think I will do the coin box, I think that pulls the eye too much. Anyway, thanks for the pics.

#3089 2 years ago

Yellow.

86696d8a98f53e4e4b64a49a521e7465b1ccf976 (resized).jpg86696d8a98f53e4e4b64a49a521e7465b1ccf976 (resized).jpg
#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Thinking along with the new stainless look… is there any reliable way or method to cleaning up filth and mild surface rust on original legs? Mine are decent overall but have some ugliness to them up close. I bought brand new legs for my Getaway that were similarly beat up and so have a full set of spares to work on. New legs are a little pricey and brutal to pay for shipping so figured I would give a go to cleaning them up before buying four more.

With pinball prices thru the roof, theres plenty of meat on the bone for all new pieces.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:Thinking along with the new stainless look… is there any reliable way or method to cleaning up filth and mild surface rust on original legs? Mine are decent overall but have some ugliness to them up close. I bought brand new legs for my Getaway that were similarly beat up and so have a full set of spares to work on. New legs are a little pricey and brutal to pay for shipping so figured I would give a go to cleaning them up before buying four more.

Water and aluminum foil. Takes some elbow grease but it will look great and no nasty chemicals like with evaporust.

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Water and aluminum foil. Takes some elbow grease but it will look great and no nasty chemicals like with evaporust.

I've had great results taking care of minor surface rust on legs with the coke and aluminum foil method. Haven't tried plain water, but will have to do a side by side.

#3093 2 years ago

Also had good results with the aluminium foil and coke method.
Found an easier way by using a soft wire (brass) brush instead of the alumnium foil-way faster with similar results

#3094 2 years ago

Thanks. I'll try the Coke and aluminum foil idea and see how that goes.

In the meantime, I got a couple of Lego minifig keychains for my games. Not quite the perfect match as it might be for a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings game, but I think this works.

Get yourself a hot dog!

IMG_4908 (resized).JPGIMG_4908 (resized).JPG
#3095 2 years ago

I used to clean rust of chrome bike rims with SOS pad and armor all. Doesn’t scratch the chrome and gets the rust right off. Not sure if that’s what we’re talking about on the legs

#3096 2 years ago

Rules question: On my game, when magic mirror is completed and super frenzy is started and then times out, the magic mirror stays fully lit. There's no way to restart the mirror/relight "Mirror value" until the ball drains (not from shots to Rudy or elsewhere). After the ball drains, the magic mirror resets and progresses as normal on the next ball. I see nothing in adjustments that would change this - code is L9. Is this how it's supposed to be?

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Rules question: On my game, when magic mirror is completed and super frenzy is started and then times out, the magic mirror stays fully lit. There's no way to restart the mirror/relight "Mirror value" until the ball drains (not from shots to Rudy or elsewhere). After the ball drains, the magic mirror resets and progresses as normal on the next ball. I see nothing in adjustments that would change this - code is L9. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Yes

#3098 2 years ago

Could I trouble someone to take a nice picture of the right side graphic on the head of the machine? I am currently painting mine and could use it for reference.

0820212044_HDR (resized).jpg0820212044_HDR (resized).jpg
#3099 2 years ago

Could I trouble someone to take a nice picture of the right side graphic on the head of the machine? I am currently painting mine and could use it for reference.[quoted image]

I would just get decals...

#3100 2 years ago

Well I sort of did. I got a set for the cabinet not realizing they didn't include the heads. I can't seem to find them separate so I just decided to paint. I already did one side but this side has more sanding so I just wanted to double check a couple of details. Here is the left side finished.

0820211722_HDR (resized).jpg0820211722_HDR (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/62?hl=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.