20210430_150429 (resized).jpg
20210430_105815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200805_110418907 (resized).jpg
18A4A0FA-C006-48FF-8AAC-D3426FF76F5C (resized).jpeg
8CA7278A-F6C8-4F36-B33E-545C0D267AEB (resized).jpeg
2DE5A2C9-9093-4A40-A373-019F3C6E3FD3 (resized).jpeg
BFAE2F8B-499A-462B-B471-3E44A9DA0A26 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpeg

There are 2776 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 56.
#2701 13 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I like the round shooters. Suits game well I think.

I think so too.

#2702 13 days ago
Quoted from bbriese:

If it ever comes available again i highly recommend pulling the trigger. Here's a video of it in action installed on my recent resto.

Does look pretty cool!

#2703 13 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put those on mine to distract all the haters from making fun of my powdercoated coin door!
[quoted image]

Are those the 1.5" or 1.75" ones? I really like them.

I think 2" would be too big.

#2704 13 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Are those the 1.5" or 1.75" ones? I really like them.
I think 2" would be too big.

I went with the smallest ones. 1.5. they feel just right. Oversized just feel odd and clunky to me.

#2705 13 days ago
Quoted from bbriese:

If it ever comes available again i highly recommend pulling the trigger. Here's a video of it in action installed on my recent resto.

How much was it and who sold it? It looks cool.

#2707 13 days ago

$279 wow. I will pass at that price. Thx for sharing the link!

#2708 13 days ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

$279 wow. I will pass at that price. Thx for sharing the link!

That's why I didn't pull the trigger, but my current funhouse will be staying for the foreseeable future, so I think I'd spring for it now. It does seem about a hundred bucks too much, but it's not like I'm gonna throw one together in my garage.

#2709 13 days ago

Agree it’s probably not easy to make. I would rather invest in color DMD’s for my other machines than that. It’s about the same price for one.

#2710 12 days ago

Yea it is cool. I didn't realize they were still being made. I didn't pull the trigger because at one point I was thinking about getting the mirrored backglass.

#2711 12 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea it is cool. I didn't realize they were still being made. I didn't pull the trigger because at one point I was thinking about getting the mirrored backglass.

I bought the mirrored backglass.

The mod is supposed to work with it, but i decided i didnt need it.

The pinsound wirh shaker however, I think is a must have on this game.

#2712 12 days ago

I bought the mirrored backglass.
The mod is supposed to work with it, but i decided i didnt need it.
The pinsound wirh shaker however, I think is a must have on this game.

I'm not a fan of the pinsound on this game, but that's just me. I like the oldschool.

I didn't think the light thing would work with the mirrored backglass because the dots are mirrored rather than opaque?

#2713 12 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not a fan of the pinsound on this game, but that's just me. I like the oldschool.
I didn't think the light thing would work with the mirrored backglass because the dots are mirrored rather than opaque?

The funhouse original orchestration is exactly the same as what i hear from my amazingly clear sounding original sound board (thanks, Chris hibler!) Chris even made a video of it and was impressed with the quality.

Only its better with a little EQ afjustment and bass, and new upgraded speakers.

It really sounds much better, plus the snoring is deep and great!

I did extensive comparisons between the 2 systems using the original mix.

You shouldnt be disappointed.

Unless you are just used to the sound of a scratchy beat up cound card.

Many people are so used to the bad sound, proper sounds seem off to them. But when brand new, the game had crisp, full sound.

Having multiple tracks to choose from is tons if fun.

But i agree that tbe enhanced version is terrible as well as the re-recorded one.

Even mr tantrums mix sounds bad to me.

The stephen king music track is awesome! Its the original mix with ony 2 songs added.

The xmas one makes me laugh.

But the best thing is tbe shaker.

This game really comes alive with it.

#2714 12 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I completely forgot about the mirrored dots!

I had to go look at my glass to verify it. Lol

I absolutely agree that the led mod probably wont work with it.

#2715 12 days ago

Pinballgoddess nixed my ball shooter ideas.

So, back to normal, lol.

Maybe ball shooter rods on Taxi?

20210501_133104 (resized).jpg
#2716 12 days ago

So, back to normal, lol.
[quoted image]

At a boy !
What's brand of decals are those ? Looks great!

#2717 12 days ago

On my virtual cab Not on my funhouse but cool anyway
0501211546a (resized).jpg

#2718 12 days ago

So, back to normal, lol.
[quoted image]

Quoted from mollyspub:

At a boy !
What's brand of decals are those ? Looks great!

Pinballgoddess said, and i quote:

"Those look stupid..."

She is the art director on my projects and has a pretty good eye for detail. I defer to her judgement.

Screened Next gen decals from marco 8 years ago lol.

I have another set of phoenix ar arcade id like to use, but i have to find another project or broken game.

So, let me know if you see one!

#2719 12 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Any of you guys have the led mod behind the funhouse logo in the backglass? I was hesitant at the price and now it's been sold out for a while. Just wondering if I missed anything great.

I did and love it. Worth the money in my opinion. I would say it is one of the better mods in all my pins. It is quite the job adjusting each led behind the bulbs in the backglass.

#2720 12 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I did and love it. Worth the money in my opinion. I would say it is one of the better mods in all my pins. It is quite the job adjusting each led behind the bulbs in the backglass.

Was this a CPR backglass or a translite?

#2721 12 days ago

Pinballgoddess said, and i quote:
"Those look stupid..."
She is the art director on my projects and has a pretty good eye for detail. I defer to her judgement.
Screened Next gen decals from marco 8 years ago lol.
I have another set of phoenix ar arcade id like to use, but i have to find another project or broken game.
So, let me know if you see one!

You could have just listened to me!

Another set for FH?

#2722 12 days ago

Getting this project started:

20210501_210248 (resized).jpg

I've had Rudy for 3 years now, lots of fun... but now it is time to give him the restoration he deserves. I'll be dumping photos as I work on this, so if anyone wants to follow along, there is the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9mRyayuBqbFoDJ628

Feel free to comment on how I did something wrong and how you would of done it so much better than me.

#2723 12 days ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Getting this project started:
[quoted image]
I've had Rudy for 3 years now, lots of fun... but now it is time to give him the restoration he deserves. I'll be dumping photos as I work on this, so if anyone wants to follow along, there is the link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9mRyayuBqbFoDJ628
Feel free to comment on how I did something wrong and how you would of done it so much better than me.

Funhouse is just a fun project to do!

I cant wait for my next one.

#2724 12 days ago

Was this a CPR backglass or a translite?

Translite.

#2725 12 days ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

how you would of done it so much better than me

There's one mistake right out of the gate! Already I can tell you, I would have said "would've."

Seriously, good luck on the restoration!

#2726 11 days ago

Not long ago, I posted some pictures of my Funhouse on this thread seeking feedback on what would be advised for upgrades. Feedback much appreciated and the machine is getting some attention. I recently saw a very nicely restored Funhouse on the market for around $8,500 that was said to have sold for $8,300. I would have paid $8,500 for it. Then it went back on the market for $14,000 and sold. Then it went back on the market for $14,000 apparently because there was some import-shipping issues related to that sale. When I saw it back on the market, I was thinking maybe it would be nice to sell my Funhouse, and pay a reasonable amount extra to get one already equipped with the Pinsound, nice chrome, attention to the interior, etc. However, if I were to pay $14,000 or the $13,000 it just sold for according to the seller's listing, it seems like the difference between what I could sell my machine for and what I would be paying would be far more than what it would cost for me to enhance my machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/114140

Just very interesting to see a Funhouse sell for this much money. My highly restored supposedly highly collectable King of Diamonds is not selling for less than 1/3 of that price.

#2727 11 days ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Not long ago, I posted some pictures of my Funhouse on this thread seeking feedback on what would be advised for upgrades. Feedback much appreciated and the machine is getting some attention. I recently saw a very nicely restored Funhouse on the market for around $8,500 that was said to have sold for $8,300. I would have paid $8,500 for it. Then it went back on the market for $14,000 and sold. Then it went back on the market for $14,000 apparently because there was some import-shipping issues related to that sale. When I saw it back on the market, I was thinking maybe it would be nice to sell my Funhouse, and pay a reasonable amount extra to get one already equipped with the Pinsound, nice chrome, attention to the interior, etc. However, if I were to pay $14,000 or the $13,000 it just sold for according to the seller's listing, it seems like the difference between what I could sell my machine for and what I would be paying would be far more than what it would cost for me to enhance my machine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/114140
Just very interesting to see a Funhouse sell for this much money. My highly restored supposedly highly collectable King of Diamonds is not selling for less than 1/3 of that price.

IMHO, You can get a nicely restored funhouse for far less than 14k, that one is certainly a nice build though.

#2728 10 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

IMHO, You can get a nicely restored funhouse for far less than 14k, that one is certainly a nice build though.

Market is just crazy right now. There seems to be a group of high end collectors that are willing to spend a lot of money to get the games they want. Not sure if that group is growing or nice games are getting harder to find. Maybe both. If you are a buyer, I would be careful not to get sucked into mindset that all games go for this much money. If you are a seller of a nice game, you might as well throw a high price on it to see what happens.

#2729 10 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Market is just crazy right now. There seems to be a group of high end collectors that are willing to spend a lot of money to get the games they want. Not sure if that group is growing or nice games are getting harder to find. Maybe both. If you are a buyer, I would be careful not to get sucked into mindset that all games go for this much money. If you are a seller of a nice game, you might as well throw a high price on it to see what happens.

Yea I hear ya, but srsly.. at that price, buy a beater and send it to HEP! lol.

#2730 10 days ago

Yea I hear ya, but srsly.. at that price, buy a beater and send it to HEP! lol.

Can you tell me where this "beater" is?

Ill take it now.

#2731 10 days ago

Ill take it now.

Hah! just depends on where you are. In the past 6 months I've seen a handful (maybe 3 or 4?) of sub $5k FH's come up for sale here in the Bay Area, CA. Keep in mind that is cheap for CA prices. But heck, if i was looking for one to fix up and keep.. even at $5k, you put maybe 2 grand or so (and a crap ton of hours) into it and you have a collector quality machine.

#2732 10 days ago

Ill take it now.

They're out there. Just on Pinside alone about a dozen have sold in the $4k range.

We bought one of them, and definitely not a beater! lol

-Paul

#2733 10 days ago

Hah! just depends on where you are. In the past 6 months I've seen a handful (maybe 3 or 4?) of sub $5k FH's come up for sale here in the Bay Area, CA. Keep in mind that is cheap for CA prices. But heck, if i was looking for one to fix up and keep.. even at $5k, you put maybe 2 grand or so (and a crap ton of hours) into it and you have a collector quality machine.

Quoted from Pablito350:

They're out there. Just on Pinside alone about a dozen have sold in the $4k range.
We bought one of them, and definitely not a beater! lol
-Paul

I have a WTB ad so far no offers for anything beat up to restore...

Missing rudy? Missing parts? blown out and broken? I can deal with it.

Someone sell me a game!

#2734 10 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Any of you guys have the led mod behind the funhouse logo in the backglass? I was hesitant at the price and now it's been sold out for a while. Just wondering if I missed anything great.

Yeah, It’s pretty incredible behind a back glass. -Really makes it sparkle! If you can find one i’d snatch it up in a heartbeat. Sorry don’t have a video.

376EEE54-B99B-4A21-A238-918CF931F3C7 (resized).pngECAB312D-3F6F-4714-9DB5-922E0A34F87F (resized).jpeg
#2735 10 days ago

I completely forgot about the mirrored dots!
I had to go look at my glass to verify it. Lol
I absolutely agree that the led mod probably wont work with it.

-it works and it’s glorious!

#2736 10 days ago

you put maybe 2 grand or so

You will need to pony up a lot more than 2k for parts....
Im at 4k spent right now (not including base game) and Im still finding stuff as I go that I need to order.

#2737 10 days ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Yeah, It’s pretty incredible behind a back glass. -Really makes it sparkle! If you can find one i’d snatch it up in a heartbeat. Sorry don’t have a video.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like those Coaster Mirror blades!

Do they fit super tight?

#2738 10 days ago

I like those Coaster Mirror blades!
Do they fit super tight?

thanks, really tight for sure.

#2739 9 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You will need to pony up a lot more than 2k for parts....
Im at 4k spent right now (not including base game) and Im still finding stuff as I go that I need to order.

Yeah i was guessing, my memory is rusty (did mine 2 or 3 years ago) it helps that mine already had new repro ramps in it. So for me it was mainly a new Mirco PF, decals, plastics and LED's

#2740 9 days ago

Yeah i was guessing, my memory is rusty (did mine 2 or 3 years ago) it helps that mine already had new repro ramps in it. So for me it was mainly a new Mirco PF, decals, plastics and LED's

Oh and Chrome, ok, yea.. make that around 3k for me. haha.

#2741 9 days ago

I just got my fully working beater for $3300. Probably going to put about $1000 into it. But no new playfield. Just going to touch it up.

#2742 9 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just got my fully working beater for $3300. Probably going to put about $1000 into it. But no new playfield. Just going to touch it up.

Sell it to me if you get tired of it!

#2743 9 days ago

I will bear that in mind! But it won’t be 3300..

#2744 9 days ago

On the subject of shooter rods, ive always been fond of the slow color changing mindorbits shooter rods. They have been out of production for a while now, but you might be able to scrounge up a few.

#2745 9 days ago

Sell it to me if you get tired of it!

I still just cant find a way to accept this nonsense... A NIB Funhouse cost $2800 in 1990. And while I've heard all the "justification theories" and comparisons to classic cars, yadda yadda. This is one of the most NON rare games Williams ever built!! There are shit-tons of them out there, a thrashed POS will never be worth more than this game cost as NIB!!
I will never own one at these stupid prices, so I guess it'll be my Eleanor until the next recession, when all these chumps will be forced to sell at 1/3 of what they paid... in other words, what they're actually worth!

#2746 9 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I still just cant find a way to accept this nonsense... A NIB Funhouse cost $2800 in 1990. And while I've heard all the "justification theories" and comparisons to classic cars, yadda yadda. This is one of the most NON rare games Williams ever built!! There are shit-tons of them out there, a thrashed POS will never be worth more than this game cost as NIB!!
I will never own one at these stupid prices, so I guess it'll be my Eleanor until the next recession, when all these chumps will be forced to sell at 1/3 of what they paid... in other words, what they're actually worth!

So a price bubble?

Where's levi when you need him?

#2747 9 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I will bear that in mind! But it won’t be 3300..

So, not a beater...

#2748 9 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I need a project, ill take yours for less than $2800 if you want.

#2749 9 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

So...then how would you explain Addams Family..which sold the most games of any but goes for 2x the price? Just because you choose not to pay the crazy prices (and trust me..I'm with you on this for 20-30 year old games) doesn't mean they aren't worth the prices...if someones buying them, they are.

#2750 9 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Uh, ok. Let me know when you are selling any of your pins for what they sold for 30 years ago. I will be right over.

There are 2776 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside