20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 102.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yep found that out. I was able to source 24 of the Australian ones and they should be on the way soon.

Nicely done!

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

With the color choices of LED's and the level of control that LEDOCD and GIOCD gives you, there is no reason at all to go with incandescents.
One can make an exact representation, only a bit better.
Lower power vonsumption, higher durability and less stress on aging electronics etc.
But this has been gone over 100's of times.
Its your game, have it your way !

Yup. With the choice of bulbs and ocd boards, you can get the game to look exactly like you want it to without any side effects. True, incandescent bulbs are probably fine in the home environment where games are not left on for long periods of time. Still, I can notice one game with incandescent bulbs heat up a room pretty quick. Try touching one of those little bulbs after they have been on for 5 minutes or just open the backbox. That heat and stress is just not good period imo.

#2653 3 years ago

With the color choices of LED's and the level of control that LEDOCD and GIOCD gives you, there is no reason at all to go with incandescents.
One can make an exact representation, only a bit better.
Lower power vonsumption, higher durability and less stress on aging electronics etc.
But this has been gone over 100's of times.
Its your game, have it your way !

The reason I go with the incandescent for Funhouse is because of the dimming function not working with LEDs. Are there good warm LEDs that support dimming without buying an additional $200 add-on board?

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The reason I go with the incandescent for Funhouse is because of the dimming function not working with LEDs. Are there good warm LEDs that support dimming without buying an additional $200 add-on board?

I bought the $155 GIOCD add-on board.

I absolutely love it!

I have total control, and the dimming is perfect!

I do the same for all my games.

And with the LEDOCD board, all of the other LED's ramp up and down with a super nice glow.

Much like incandescents but brighter in a good way.

I feel its a necessary controller and cheaper than a couple of silly mods that do nothing.

#2655 3 years ago

It's a matter of taste, I've seen enough conversions to know that for...the warm yellow that some of the older games have the LEDs just don't do it for me. I've had this game for 20 years, I've replaced like 3 bulbs in that time. I think some of you people get a little too caught up in the OMG bulbs that were due to arcades and being on 12 hours a day. Almost like the people who push the pinstadiums lol.

That's not to say I'm completely opposed. I went to LED's on my Space Station (cool white and 2SMD(?) greens) and love it. Just depends on the theme.

#2656 3 years ago

Last piece of my restore..
I had to paint the apron and shooter gauges.
I tried to save the artwork but an operator sticker turned the color to goo.
The decals are nice but not as nice as original work if its in good shape.
Black epoxy wheel paint has the durability I need
[quoted image]

Finally got the time to put on the graphics.

The epoxy wheel paint looks a lot like powdercoat:

20210421_142339 (resized).jpg20210421_142339 (resized).jpg
#2657 3 years ago

Please Pimp my Funhouse!

Around 15 years ago, I purchased a restored Funhouse. I did not have the best setup for it to be played, and so it was only played occasionally, but that has favorably changed. I am now motivated to devote some time to work on my machines, including Funhouse to make sure they are in the best possible shape.

I enclosed some pictures of my Funhouse. I was curious what you all think of the condition of my machine compared to other restored "collector quality" machines out there and what you would suggest for upgrades if this was your machine.

I was thinking Invisiglass for sure along with LEDs, but not any lighting that would make the game harder to play. I suppose upgraded speakers with Pinsound would be a nice option. Of particular interest would be any lighting changes that would make it easier to see targets.

thank you!

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-10 (resized).jpegUnknown-10 (resized).jpegUnknown-11 (resized).jpegUnknown-11 (resized).jpegUnknown-12 (resized).jpegUnknown-12 (resized).jpegUnknown-13 (resized).jpegUnknown-13 (resized).jpegUnknown-15 (resized).jpegUnknown-15 (resized).jpegUnknown-17 (resized).jpegUnknown-17 (resized).jpegUnknown-18 (resized).jpegUnknown-18 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-3 (resized).jpegUnknown-3 (resized).jpegUnknown-4 (resized).jpegUnknown-4 (resized).jpegUnknown-5 (resized).jpegUnknown-5 (resized).jpegUnknown-6 (resized).jpegUnknown-6 (resized).jpegUnknown-8 (resized).jpegUnknown-8 (resized).jpegUnknown-9 (resized).jpegUnknown-9 (resized).jpeg
#2658 3 years ago

Any yes, Rudy will be seeing an Ophthalmologist to get his strabismus fixed

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Please Pimp my Funhouse!
Around 15 years ago, I purchased a restored Funhouse. I did not have the best setup for it to be played, and so it was only played occasionally, but that has favorably changed. I am now motivated to devote some time to work on my machines, including Funhouse to make sure they are in the best possible shape.
I enclosed some pictures of my Funhouse. I was curious what you all think of the condition of my machine compared to other restored "collector quality" machines out there and what you would suggest for upgrades if this was your machine.
I was thinking Invisiglass for sure along with LEDs, but not any lighting that would make the game harder to play. I suppose upgraded speakers with Pinsound would be a nice option. Of particular interest would be any lighting changes that would make it easier to see targets.
thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The game looks great!

Just need a complete shop job, touch up and repairs. Redo the LED's a bit.

LEDOCD, GIOCD, pinsound, upgraded speakers and pinsound shaker.

Polish the playfield and maybe re-clearcoat it if needed.

Maybe get the CPR backglass.

Basically a more modern restoration, or a partial restoration.

Rudy's eyes are nice and white, just need to be repaired and the head gone over.

#2660 3 years ago

The game looks great!

The battery holder.... not so much. I'd just do some preventative maintenance, and replace some of the caps on the boards to thwart future corrosion issues.

Just a basic shop job with new silicone rubbers, LED's, and whatever you like really.

I kinda like Rudy with his retinal attchaforia (one eye lookin' at ya... one eye lookin' for ya).

-Paul

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

No. That's why you need the boards. Boards are not $200. More like $135. Close to $300 when you get both boards and brackets with shipping. I wasn't sure about these boards either until I saw them in action.

#2662 3 years ago

Game looks great!

Looks to me like something weird is going on with the Millions Insert. I'd probably leave it as it's going to be a lot of work to fix. And it may all just be under the clear.

The Flap on the trap door looks to be sitting up? I think you need to look at that because it may get deformed quickly.

#2663 3 years ago

The machine looks like a good one. A couple of nits a few have mentioned;
1. Rudy's eyes, time consuming to replace, but everyone that owns FH needs to rebuild Rudy once in their lives!
2. the trapdoor flap looks bent UP, easy but time consuming to replace
3. battery holder damage, easy to remove and remote the connector
4. a minor linear scrape on the right side of the backglass perhaps. check this.

The cabinet seems to be in great shape (blue is vivid and clean and red/yellow colors have shifted a bit but overall good), and the playfield does NOT show some of the cracking or wear common expected in a 30 years old FH, like where the ball comes out of the scoop and hits the playfield a couple inches below the scoop. Also, the power connectors all seem to be intact with no burning. Ramps look clean too.

Fix his eyes, fix the trap door, remove the battery holder, clean your existing bulbs and consider this a really nice machine. Are you running the 9.05H firmware? It's probably worth updating if not.

#2664 3 years ago

There was a bit of battery damage and a few glitches. Plan is

Replace MPU with WPC-89 MPU from Arcadeshop

Also,

Titan rubber
Invisiglass
Pinsound and Speaker, maybe headphone jack
New Trap door
Rudy parts
Playfield polish - overall maintenance-cleaning

Maybe LED OCD and GI OCD boards

So far.... not sure about the shaker.

I saw an interesting mod where there is a red light when Rudy's mouth is open. Not sure if that would enhance gameplay or be gimmicky.

The suggestions are much appreciated.

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Just out of curiosity, aside from the battery damage, what are the glitches that make you want to replace your current MPU? Without knowing the exact details, it is not unusual for corrosion/battery damage to cause strange behavior.

Depending on the level of corrosion and whether the issues you’re facing are MPU related, another option besides replacement would be to send the MPU out to one of the board repair pros here on Pinside who can clean it up and get it working as it should.

Your game looks great BTW!

#2666 3 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Also,
Titan rubber
Invisiglass
Pinsound and Speaker, maybe headphone jack
New Trap door
Rudy parts
Playfield polish - overall maintenance-cleaning
Maybe LED OCD and GI OCD boards
So far.... not sure about the shaker.
I saw an interesting mod where there is a red light when Rudy's mouth is open. Not sure if that would enhance gameplay or be gimmicky.
The suggestions are much appreciated.

I would not replace the MPU !

Send it out for repairs please.

#2667 3 years ago

Have a super nice Funhouse repro trans with a small scratch on the top right corner. Will sell it for $50 shipped in the USA. Thx!

2DE5A2C9-9093-4A40-A373-019F3C6E3FD3 (resized).jpeg2DE5A2C9-9093-4A40-A373-019F3C6E3FD3 (resized).jpegBFAE2F8B-499A-462B-B471-3E44A9DA0A26 (resized).jpegBFAE2F8B-499A-462B-B471-3E44A9DA0A26 (resized).jpeg
#2668 3 years ago

Funhouse trans sold. Thx!

#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Funhouse trans sold. Thx!

Well, that took under four minutes!

#2670 2 years ago

For those of you with pinsound, I made a boot.wav to copy to the root of your audio folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uyPeSsEij1_qNtf0OnXhgmu7a9AP7bQ3/view?usp=sharing

#2671 2 years ago

Which fuse I am looking for if all my coils decided to stop working. Looking through the manual and using my google-fu but figured I would ask here as well.

Edit: I see it's F101 - F105, but since I am not getting power to anything high voltage (flippers and all the various coils, etc)

Guess I will head over to pin-wiki, lol. Feel free to shoot any tips my way, my first time digging in to this guy since I restored it.

#2672 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Which fuse I am looking for if all my coils decided to stop working. Looking through the manual and using my google-fu but figured I would ask here as well.
Edit: I see it's F101 - F105, but since I am not getting power to anything high voltage (flippers and all the various coils, etc)
Guess I will head over to pin-wiki, lol. Feel free to shoot any tips my way, my first time digging in to this guy since I restored it.

Ok, looks like i need to check F112 and check to voltage at TP6. Of course I have none of my tools here at present and all my spare fuses are at my office. lol. I suppose I will stop here for the night.

#2673 2 years ago

How many of you with pinsound have the shaker?

I put it in and just love it!

It completely changes the game I have a shaker routine added to the Funhouse original.

Does anyone want to try it out?

#2674 2 years ago

So I’m doing a light restoration on my recently acquired funhouse. Any thoughts on this playfield discoloration above the rollovers? It’s in heavy traffic areas not covered by Mylar. I scrubbed it pretty good with novus and it won’t come up. I’m worried I’m going to take up more paint around that planking. Thoughts?

On a related note, anyone have a generally decent funhouse playfield or a non Mirco repro they’d like to sell? Asking for a friend..

18A4A0FA-C006-48FF-8AAC-D3426FF76F5C (resized).jpeg18A4A0FA-C006-48FF-8AAC-D3426FF76F5C (resized).jpeg8CA7278A-F6C8-4F36-B33E-545C0D267AEB (resized).jpeg8CA7278A-F6C8-4F36-B33E-545C0D267AEB (resized).jpeg
#2675 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m doing a light restoration on my recently acquired funhouse. Any thoughts on this playfield discoloration above the rollovers? It’s in heavy traffic areas not covered by Mylar. I scrubbed it pretty good with novus and it won’t come up. I’m worried I’m going to take up more paint around that planking. Thoughts?
On a related note, anyone have a generally decent funhouse playfield or a non Mirco repro they’d like to sell? Asking for a friend..
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you do find a repro playfield for your FRIEND, you might just want to keep it for YOURSELF.... LOL

FH is an amazing machine, and would make a good candidate for a PF swap if the rest of the machinery is in good shape.

#2676 2 years ago

I've always wanted to do a PF swap. My biggest fear is that I will take a "player's" game that works, and turn it into an art piece that doesn't.

#2677 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That playfield is toast, replace it with the mirco and do a full resto on the game.

Or, sell it to me, lol ! I have enough left over parts to do another full restore, including a spare rudy head.

#2678 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Be careful scrubbing. There is no clearcoat, just paint. Mine has similar issues and very hard to find nice original FH. Most have been heavily routed and faded. Planking and bubbling mylar are common. Just do light cleaning and enjoy playing it. Fully restored games with shiny playfields lose a bit of that original charm imo.

#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Be careful scrubbing. There is no clearcoat, just paint. Mine has similar issues and very hard to find nice original FH. Most have been heavily routed and faded. Planking and bubbling mylar are common. Just do light cleaning and enjoy playing it. Fully restored games with shiny playfields lose a bit of that original charm imo.

You just made my evil Rudy VERY UNHAPPY!

IMG_20200805_110418907 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_110418907 (resized).jpg
#2680 2 years ago

That playfield is toast, replace it with the mirco and do a full resto on the game.
Or, sell it to me, lol ! I have enough left over parts to do another full restore, including a spare rudy head.

I’ll call you if I need any parts! Has anyone done the Mirco funhouse swap? How did it go?

I did a Mirco Gorgar and it was a literal nightmare. Holes were cut WAY off, etc. Not the dimples, but mechanism cutouts through the playfield were way off. It was tough.

Didn’t cpr do a run of funhouse a while back? Anyone have one laying around?

#2681 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’ll call you if I need any parts! Has anyone done the Mirco funhouse swap? How did it go?
I did a Mirco Gorgar and it was a literal nightmare. Holes were cut WAY off, etc. Not the dimples, but mechanism cutouts through the playfield were way off. It was tough.

IF they did it would have been ages ago and long gone. The mirco's are fine IMHO, a few dimples off on mine and i think i had to drill one post hole, trying to remember. but all and all, not too bad and it has held up fantastic over the last few years so far. Lots of restore threads out there for Funhouse, you can read through them and see what your in for. If its not something you're up for, just enjoy it as-is.

#2682 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

The Mirco playfield is near perfect.

#2683 2 years ago

This thread perennially makes me so happy that my FunHouse is one of the original DiamondPlate early games!

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I did a Mirco Gorgar and it was a literal nightmare.

It would have been easier if you did it while you were awake!

#2685 2 years ago

My complete and total, over-the-top restoration is done!

Im just waiting for the apron to come back from powder coating.

I found these round ball shooters in my shooter box.

Yay or Nay, should i install them?

20210430_105815 (resized).jpg20210430_105815 (resized).jpg
#2686 2 years ago

My complete and total, over-the-top restoration is done!
Im just waiting for the apron to come back from powder coating.
I found these round ball shooters in my shooter box.
Yay or Nay, should i install them?[quoted image]

"Yay" .. I like them .. goes along with balloon vibe.

You could paint one red, and one yellow, and hang strings from the shooter rod ...OK, I've went too far!!!

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

"Yay" .. I like them .. goes along with balloon vibe.
You could paint one red, and one yellow, and hang strings from the shooter rod ...OK, I've went too far!!!

It might look better than the flat williams ones?

#2688 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#

It might look better than the flat williams ones?

NO!

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

<blockquote cite="#

NO!

I second that "no"

#2690 2 years ago

Ok. Installed the ball shooters.

They are the same diameter as the flat ones.

It doesnt look half bad !
20210430_150429 (resized).jpg20210430_150429 (resized).jpg20210430_150436 (resized).jpg20210430_150436 (resized).jpg

#2691 2 years ago

Ok. Installed the ball shooters.
It doesnt look half bad ![quoted image][quoted image]

Yes it does !

#2692 2 years ago

Lol!

Maybe get the modded red and yellow balloon ones?

I havent seen them in person.

#2693 2 years ago

Lol!
Maybe get the modded red and yellow balloon ones?
I havent seen them in person.

Why ruin a great restoration ? It's your game though...

#2694 2 years ago

I put those on mine to distract all the haters from making fun of my powdercoated coin door!

16198223514111015100368923709655 (resized).jpg16198223514111015100368923709655 (resized).jpg
#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put those on mine to distract all the haters from making fun of my powdercoated coin door!
[quoted image]

I think those look very festive!

Your game might want pinsound and the shaker.

I really like mine.

#2696 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

[quoted image]

I bought these for my restoration, I was on the fence about using them but after seeing your pic I think Im going to install them. They fit the cab art very nicely.

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I bought these for my restoration, I was on the fence about using them but after seeing your pic I think Im going to install them. They fit the cab art very nicely.

Those do look great!

What fo you think of my simpler black ball shooters?

#2698 2 years ago

Any of you guys have the led mod behind the funhouse logo in the backglass? I was hesitant at the price and now it's been sold out for a while. Just wondering if I missed anything great.

#2699 2 years ago

I like the round shooters. Suits game well I think.

#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Any of you guys have the

Any of you guys have the led mod behind the funhouse logo in the backglass? I was hesitant at the price and now it's been sold out for a while. Just wondering if I missed anything great.

If it ever comes available again i highly recommend pulling the trigger. Here's a video of it in action

installed on my recent resto.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/54?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.