IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 101.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mine did that occasionally. I didn't look to deep into it since I could tell the disc was beat up so just replaced it. Might as well since I already had the game torn down. Without comparing to a new part, it's hard to tell just how worn the disc is. You might get away with adjusting it but replacing better option imo. After replacing it, never had the problem again.

Thanks, but I have had the game for 18 years and the disc worked flawless before the rebuild and is in very good shape. I am pretty sure the problem lies elsewhere.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I would guess 1 of 2 things could be it:
1. Spring on the coil is too soft, seems like a long shot.
2. The disc is too low (too much gap towards the top/back guide). So less of the disc is blocking the balls path making it more likely that it could power/push through. I think this is the likely one.
Attaching pics from my tear down
[quoted image][quoted image]

Another thing i forgot to add. When i re-installed mine, I did have to adjust it further. I rotated the disc/shaft clockwise a little bit as I was actually having a similar issue to yours. That also helped in my case.

#2353 3 years ago

Another thing i forgot to add. When i re-installed mine, I did have to adjust it further. I rotated the disc/shaft clockwise a little bit as I was actually having a similar issue to yours. That also helped in my case.

I had the same issues on my swap and rebuild. I honestly think that mech is one of the most finicky and difficult to adjust of all the games I own. It’s so hard because the ramp is in the way.

This took me weeks to dial in after my rebuild.

Definitely loosen and turn a little clockwise. This prevents firm shots from sailing straight out the other side.

But turn it too far clockwise and the mech won’t release the locked ball when it’s activated. OR - The ball won’t sit on the switch accurately.

To anyone doing a tear down and rebuild, this is definitely smart to get dialed in BEFORE you put the ramp back in.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I had the same issues on my swap and rebuild. I honestly think that mech is one of the most finicky and difficult to adjust of all the games I own. It’s so hard because the ramp is in the way.
This took me weeks to dial in after my rebuild.
Definitely loosen and turn a little clockwise. This prevents firm shots from sailing straight out the other side.
But turn it too far clockwise and the mech won’t release the locked ball when it’s activated. OR - The ball won’t sit on the switch accurately.

If it worked fine before, I agree you don’t need a new disc. I bought a new disc during my rebuild because my old one is a bit mushroomed and smoothed down. But mine worked great before too so I just cleaned it up and kept the old disc when I reinstalled the mech.

To anyone doing a tear down and rebuild, this is definitely smart to get dialed in BEFORE you put the ramp back in.

#2355 3 years ago

Edit- double post

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mine did that occasionally. I didn't look to deep into it since I could tell the disc was beat up so just replaced it. Might as well since I already had the game torn down. Without comparing to a new part, it's hard to tell just how worn the disc is. You might get away with adjusting it but replacing better option imo. After replacing it, never had the problem again.

I second this. I'm a cheepass and usually try to reuse a lot of parts. After my rebuild this adjustment drove me nuts, and mine was mushroomed over as typical. After replacing it I was able to adjust it in a few tries, and was able to control the kickout speed so it didn't launch past the upper flipper too fast. Just get a new one...and splurge to get the one with the shaft already peened together.

#2357 3 years ago

OK folks, I need an assist with this one. My Ramp Switch is bent up/ broken and I can't seem to find a replacement. It's switch #56 and is listed as part number 5647-12073-21. When I look it up on Marco it comes up with 5647-12693-18 which is out of stock everywhere (Marco, pinball life and others). Any info would be much appreciated!

Ramp Switch (resized).jpgRamp Switch (resized).jpg
#2358 3 years ago

I had a straight flat blade actuator on mine. If the picture is correct on the Marco part, that looks more like a rollover actuator. I'll see if I can find a pic from before I restored it.

2020-11-14 21.40.54 (resized).jpg2020-11-14 21.40.54 (resized).jpg
#2359 3 years ago

My old teardown pictures and the pictures on IPDB show the flat blade. Hopefully someone can confirm, but I believe the 5647-12693 refers to the microswitch and the -18 the actuator which is easily removed with a small flathead. I think you could use this and trim to length.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSB

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I had a straight flat blade actuator on mine. If the picture is correct on the Marco part, that looks more like a rollover actuator. I'll see if I can find a pic from before I restored it.
[quoted image]

Well shit now I’m comparing my beat up playfield to yours lol! I just bought this machine a week ago and I’m trying to get everything working before I tear it down and restore it. Don’t want to have issues when I put it back together and not know if they existed beforehand.

It does look like I can maybe reform the actuator wire (a new wire) and use in conjunction with the flat blade switch like you have. The switch is being called out on the test report so I’ll play with it to see if the switch is still good and maybe just replace the actuator if so.

I really appreciate the help!

#2361 3 years ago

It’s getting tough to find that switch, and you could check with the guys in Australia as I saw it there last spring, but the simpler path is to buy the general replacement 12smsb and bend the arm yourself. Pretty easy to do...

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It’s getting tough to find that switch, and you could check with the guys in Australia as I saw it there last spring, but the simpler path is to buy the general replacement 12smsb and bend the arm yourself. Pretty easy to do...

Mine is straight, what bend is required?

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Mine is straight, what bend is required?

I meant CUT to LENGTH. Marco sells the generic flat bar and piano wire microswitches. Those two generics can replace any switch with a little bending and/or cutting in length. I was thinking about some of the other switches in the game.

#2364 3 years ago

This is mine

20201115_122341 (resized).jpg20201115_122341 (resized).jpg
#2365 3 years ago

This is mine
[quoted image]

Yes, that should just be a cut in length

#2366 3 years ago

Appreciate the help! I just ordered a switch that looks like the two above, some wire and a wire jig. I like that design better anyway.

If you could post a pic of the wire gate for me, I would really appreciate it! Looking to replicate the design.

I'm also pulling the trigger on the playfield, ramps, plastics and other parts. West Coast is locking down again so I want to try to make sure I get the parts I need.

I really wish I could get my hands on some naphtha here...... I think everything else I need is obtainable.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

Appreciate the help! I just ordered a switch that looks like the two above, some wire and a wire jig. I like that design better anyway.
If you could post a pic of the wire gate for me, I would really appreciate it! Looking to replicate the design.
I'm also pulling the trigger on the playfield, ramps, plastics and other parts. West Coast is locking down again so I want to try to make sure I get the parts I need.
I really wish I could get my hands on some naphtha here...... I think everything else I need is obtainable.

Different angle for ya

20201115_150420 (resized).jpg20201115_150420 (resized).jpg
#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6824 In stock if you don’t want to make it

#2369 3 years ago

the switch I have the most trouble with is the switch under the trapdoor. I would say maybe 1 in 10 hits it doesn't register. It's especially frustrating when it doesn't register during multiball. I have bent the actuator arm a few times which definitely helps, but I am wondering if I should maybe replace the switch at some point. As I understand it, these microswitches do not generally suddenly fail, but slowly get worse and worse.

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

the switch I have the most trouble with is the switch under the trapdoor. I would say maybe 1 in 10 hits it doesn't register. It's especially frustrating when it doesn't register during multiball. I have bent the actuator arm a few times which definitely helps, but I am wondering if I should maybe replace the switch at some point. As I understand it, these microswitches do not generally suddenly fail, but slowly get worse and worse.

I would replace it. They do get flaky over time for many reasons; the switch body deforms due to the mounting screws being too tight, the internal spring loses it's effectiveness, they crack, they get dirty with oil and dirty acting like a paste, they become loose and don't have the proper range of motion as designed, etc. If you are seeing a problem with it, then just replace it with a fresh one and then play for another 25 years...

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks, but I have had the game for 18 years and the disc worked flawless before the rebuild and is in very good shape. I am pretty sure the problem lies elsewhere.

Surprising your disc is in good shape after 18 years of service. Ball pretty much slams into it every single game many times. New assembly is only $20 so worth a shot imo. Only thing you can do besides replacing is adjust it like the others are saying. You need to adjust it clockwise as far as you can that stops the incoming balls and still ejects a ball on demand. If there is some kind of slack, you should be able to move it by hand and see what is causing it under pf.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Surprising your disc is in good shape after 18 years of service. Ball pretty much slams into it every single game many times. New assembly is only $20 so worth a shot imo. Only thing you can do besides replacing is adjust it like the others are saying. You need to adjust it clockwise as far as you can that stops the incoming balls and still ejects a ball on demand. If there is some kind of slack, you should be able to move it by hand and see what is causing it under pf.

Thanks. I am trying to make a video, but need an assistant. I don't think I can shoot the ball and the video at the same time. I am not that talented.

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Replace the switch.

There are probably several on the game, at this point, that are marginal and inconsistent.

#2374 3 years ago

Here is the video of how the harder shots push straight through the disk. The disk is low enough and the spring is new. Anyone have any thoughts how to correct this?

Thanks

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Here is the video of how the harder shots push straight through the disk. The disk is low enough and the spring is new. Anyone have any thoughts how to correct this?

Thanks

You have this tight as possible I assume?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You have this tight as possible I assume?

Yes, it is tight.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

Been there, needs to be adjusted. Its a little finicky.
Pull the ramp and see it in action, thats what I did.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

It's not aligned right. Disc needs to be turned clockwise (when viewing from the top of the pf)

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's not aligned right. Disc needs to be turned clockwise (when viewing from the top of the pf)

dsuperbee hit it, the disc needs to be rotated more clockwise so when the disc gets hit with the ball, it won't allow it to move through, keep adjusting and tightening and you'll find a sweet spot. There will be little bit of play in the rotation when it gets hit, but the trick is to over compensate the resting position a little to account for it.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

dsuperbee hit it, the disc needs to be rotated more clockwise so when the disc gets hit with the ball, it won't allow it to move through, keep adjusting and tightening and you'll find a sweet spot. There will be little bit of play in the rotation when it gets hit, but the trick is to over compensate the resting position a little to account for it.

And if its too far clockwise, it will be great at catching balls but not so great at releasing them

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

And if its too far clockwise, it will be great at catching balls but not so great at releasing them

Right, so then he can back it counterclockwise little by little to find that sweet spot.

#2382 3 years ago

For some reason I replied to this in the whirlwind club thread before, leaving everyone rather perplexed
Mine also came with half red half blue which is far too dull and I don’t like but with pinstadiums it becomes playable and doesn’t look too bad. I’ll stick with it for now and look to change soon

C77E78D0-D955-438F-9358-0986C08DB4E2 (resized).jpegC77E78D0-D955-438F-9358-0986C08DB4E2 (resized).jpeg
#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

For some reason I replied to this in the whirlwind club thread before, leaving everyone rather perplexed
Mine also came with half red half blue which is far too dull and I don’t like but with pinstadiums it becomes playable and doesn’t look too bad. I’ll stick with it for now and look to change soon [quoted image]

0 for 2 bud

#2384 3 years ago

Right that’s it. I give up. There’s something sinister going on here. I’ll get my coat

#2385 3 years ago

Finally got this fixed. I think I had the assembly out of the game 10-12 times. Just wouldn't work no matter how much I tried. I set it as far clockwise as it could go while still being able to release the ball and I would still have hard shots push straight through the disk. I read an older thread with someone that added a stronger spring. I didn't have a strong spring to try, so I ended up just adding a second plunger spring. So with the disk set in a sweet spot and double springs after a couple games it seems to be working very well. Thanks for everyone's help.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Finally got this fixed. I think I had the assembly out of the game 10-12 times. Just wouldn't work no matter how much I tried. I set it as far clockwise as it could go while still being able to release the ball and I would still have hard shots push straight through the disk. I read an older thread with someone that added a stronger spring. I didn't have a strong spring to try, so I ended up just adding a second plunger spring. So with the disk set in a sweet spot and double springs after a couple games it seems to be working very well. Thanks for everyone's help.

Glad you got it working.... Nothing like playing a game that works right again!

#2387 3 years ago

Here is mine (from pics I took before my resto) what does yours look like?[quoted image]

Thank you so much for this. I have been crazy busy lately and hadn't had a chance to deal with this until recently. Your photo was very helpful as somehow the spring went missing from the assembly at some point and being the newb that I am didn't think that it was something that needed to be there. Ordered a new spring from Marco Specialties, installed it, and now it holds it in the correct position and everything is good again.

1 week later
#2388 3 years ago

A bit of a odd request here but..... I bought my FunHouse with it in a different cabinet. Long story short, it doesn't have the start button mounted yet. I'm in the middle of a full restoration and will begin the cabinet primer/sealer stage tomorrow followed by sanding and painting. I'm not sure whether I should go ahead and drill and countersink the button before I paint or if I should hold off until after I lay the decals. Obviously, it would be easier to lay the decal without having to worry about the alignment on the start button and drill it afterwards but then I would have to mask off and paint the area after drilling it. I'm leaning towards going ahead and doing it before painting. Any suggestions?

Separate but probably even more important question..... where can I find the measurements for where to drill this hole? I want to make sure I do this right the first time.

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

A bit of a odd request here but..... I bought my FunHouse with it in a different cabinet. Long story short, it doesn't have the start button mounted yet. I'm in the middle of a full restoration and will begin the cabinet primer/sealer stage tomorrow followed by sanding and painting. I'm not sure whether I should go ahead and drill and countersink the button before I paint or if I should hold off until after I lay the decals. Obviously, it would be easier to lay the decal without having to worry about the alignment on the start button and drill it afterwards but then I would have to mask off and paint the area after drilling it. I'm leaning towards going ahead and doing it before painting. Any suggestions?
Separate but probably even more important question..... where can I find the measurements for where to drill this hole? I want to make sure I do this right the first time.

Do all the woodworking before any finishing.

use forstner bits, easy fix.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-Forstner-Bit-Set-8-Piece-A9FS8R1/202078676#overlay

1 3/8" for the outer hole then a
1" for the inner hole.

Rattail file for the notch at top center.
The big hole should be deep enough so that the installed button is flush with the surface.

8 3/4" from the bottom edge of the cabinet the the lower edge of the bigger hole.

1 1/4" from the left cabinet side the the edge of the bigger hole.

Some location pics and measurements:

20201207_212130 (resized).jpg20201207_212130 (resized).jpg20201207_212336 (resized).jpg20201207_212336 (resized).jpg20201207_212406 (resized).jpg20201207_212406 (resized).jpg20201207_212443 (resized).jpg20201207_212443 (resized).jpg

#2390 3 years ago

Is it correct to be given one Rudy hit even if you don’t ever hit him?
It always gives me one ( per game) regardless. There is no sign of the switch being triggered on its own.
If you hit Rudy during play, it adds correctly after the initial freebie

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

It always gives me one ( per game) regardless. There is no sign of the switch being triggered on its own.
If you hit Rudy during play, it adds correctly after the initial freebie

check the game adjustments in the service menu and make the game a little harder if you want.

#2392 3 years ago

Looking to join the club. Pm me if you are considering selling and within 6 hours of Asheville, NC. Thanks.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Do all the woodworking before any finishing.
use forstner bits, easy fix.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-Forstner-Bit-Set-8-Piece-A9FS8R1/202078676#overlay
1 3/8" for the outer hole then a
1" for the inner hole.
Rattail file for the notch at top center.
The big hole should be deep enough so that the installed button is flush with the surface.
8 3/4" from the bottom edge of the cabinet the the lower edge of the bigger hole.
1 1/4" from the left cabinet side the the edge of the bigger hole.
Some location pics and measurements:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect! Thank you for this, exactly what I needed!

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Yes, you start with one.

#2395 3 years ago

QQ for this brain trust....I just recently put a personal best on my FH, which included 32 Rudy hits. It translated to 2 sausage bonuses (@12 hits each)

It got me wondering if there was a similar kind of bonus on multiple or a certain number of Superdog hits? I couldn’t find anything in this thread, and assume no since it has never come up.

I always feel like Superdog is a suckers bet and so never get more than a few, and not sure I would change my play if there is a bonus. I suppose I can take the glass off and test myself, but thought I would ask first.

TIA

#2396 3 years ago

Just joined the club finally after years of being afraid of Rudy being in my basement. Here’s a very pretty example I found, and another after we forced Rudy to adhere to our Covid policy. Stay safe, Rudy.

2A94881C-66D7-44F6-85A9-5840EDB45F87 (resized).jpeg2A94881C-66D7-44F6-85A9-5840EDB45F87 (resized).jpeg76A6E91F-CBBD-4829-A75C-E984B1D73717 (resized).jpeg76A6E91F-CBBD-4829-A75C-E984B1D73717 (resized).jpegF4A500F2-4D83-4C3D-97FC-61D7BAEE4BA1 (resized).jpegF4A500F2-4D83-4C3D-97FC-61D7BAEE4BA1 (resized).jpeg
#2397 3 years ago

In the club

PXL_20201220_212752406 (resized).jpgPXL_20201220_212752406 (resized).jpg
#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Just joined the club finally after years of being afraid of Rudy being in my basement. Here’s a very pretty example I found, and another after we forced Rudy to adhere to our Covid policy. Stay safe, Rudy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really dig the chrome coin door, thinking about adding that 2 mine.

#2399 3 years ago

Hey Funhouse owners.... Has anyone else had this problem? I've never personally seen another Funhouse machine with this issue and I've had this issue for more than 12 years since I first got my Funhouse.

No matter how I position the ramp or level the machine, I still get this problem... the ball bounces out of the steps lane when it drops about 50% of the time. It is super annoying! I'd really appreciate some ideas of what might fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Brad O.

#2400 3 years ago

had a similar issue. Solved it in my case by moving the ramp to the right. Seems contradictorily in your case though...maybe still worth a try

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/48?hl=pinballpat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.