IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 101.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

i used the contact info on their website and got response within a couple of hours

Quoted from Shredso:

My last few emails to Pinbits went unanswered, I thought they went out of business.

It's hit or miss sadly. But they are definitely still in business.

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

It's hit or miss sadly. But they are definitely still in business.

It's been miss for me. Maybe they answer if they have the part and ignore if they don't?

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My last few emails to Pinbits went unanswered, I thought they went out of business.

They are open, I just got my clear plastics from them.

#1954 3 years ago

Hey Guys, Does anybody have decent schematics to help me with a funhouse trapdoor assembly as im having issues with dissambley and troubleshooting a dodgy trapdoor!

Door is sticky and not functioned correct

#1955 3 years ago

In a word... no. But if the coil fires when it’s supposed to, it probably just needs dismantling, cleaning, reassembling. The coil may need a new sleeve and the mech might be a bit gummed up but it should be obvious when you dissect it

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

In a word... no. But if the coil fires when it’s supposed to, it probably just needs dismantling, cleaning, reassembling. The coil may need a new sleeve and the mech might be a bit gummed up but it should be obvious when you dissect it

Thankyou for the reply!

However the only way to dissamble the mech is to drill out the pop rivets of the trap door on topside of playfield, is this correct?

The small "close" coil for the trap door fires but seems weak and im not sure how the mechanism latches to the trap.

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from rmerlo88:

Thankyou for the reply!
However the only way to dissamble the mech is to drill out the pop rivets of the trap door on topside of playfield, is this correct?
The small "close" coil for the trap door fires but seems weak and im not sure how the mechanism latches to the trap.

I just worked on this on mine. The two rivets at the top (they go through the clear plastic piece) have nuts that hold them in place. I moved the plastic subway out of the way and moved the metal chute to get to the nuts. You need to get the underside mechanism off the door itself (not hard). The door itself has a notch at one end which will do this. Look at the door from the top and it will make sense. Good luck.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I just worked on this on mine. The two rivets at the top (they go through the clear plastic piece) have nuts that hold them in place. I moved the plastic subway out of the way and moved the metal chute to get to the nuts. You need to get the underside mechanism off the door itself (not hard). The door itself has a notch at one end which will do this. Look at the door from the top and it will make sense. Good luck.

Ahh!!! Yess I see the two nuts on the underside of the top rivets!

Thankyou! I missed it last time, I will now be able to dismantle the mech and dissect what the hell is going on!

#1959 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me what plugs into the connection circled in red?

Thanks

IMG_7112 (resized).JPGIMG_7112 (resized).JPG
#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Can someone please tell me what plugs into the connection circled in red?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Im not sure, I dont see thant connector on my game, is it an audio connector to a Sub or crossover?

Heres a couple pics from my teardown:
20200414_130935 (resized).jpg20200414_130935 (resized).jpg20200414_131006 (resized).jpg20200414_131006 (resized).jpg

#1961 3 years ago

Maybe I should have mentioned I have a System 11 audio board. That might make a difference.

Thanks

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Maybe I should have mentioned I have a System 11 audio board. That might make a difference.
Thanks

That's an oldie!

There might be some pics on the web.

#1963 3 years ago

Sooooo, what am I missing here?

242A5E6E-E34B-4EE7-B0E4-02C890755F48 (resized).jpeg242A5E6E-E34B-4EE7-B0E4-02C890755F48 (resized).jpeg
#1964 3 years ago

Rubber Pad

20200506_095543 (resized).jpg20200506_095543 (resized).jpg
#1965 3 years ago

Ok, thanks. Time to add that to the list.

#1966 3 years ago

Former lurkers, now proud new members! We're so thrilled to be in the cloob!

IMG_20200506_172957954 (resized).jpgIMG_20200506_172957954 (resized).jpgIMG_20200506_175133063 (resized).jpgIMG_20200506_175133063 (resized).jpg
#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Former lurkers, now proud new members! We're so thrilled to be in the cloob!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Plenty of red in the cab art!! Looks a goodie, congrats, awesome pin is Rudy.

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Rubber Pad
[quoted image]

I love this community. Answers I need, but haven’t even asked for!

#1969 3 years ago
56 (resized).jpg56 (resized).jpg
#1970 3 years ago

So we've had our Funhouse for a few days, and we've determined that Rudy's voice isn't as loud as it should be. After some research it turns out that we have a sound board out of an Addams Family in our machine.

47 (resized).jpg47 (resized).jpg

Apparently Addams Family has two resistors (R23 & R24) that use a 56K ohm resistors instead of 150K ohm resistors that are used on Funhouse. These two resistors control different channels of sound before they go through the amps on the sound board. I verified the color codes of the resistors and they're 56K Ohm.

47s (resized).jpg47s (resized).jpg

A quick order to Amazon for $13 will get me a 900 pcs resistor kit that has the 150K that I need. As soon as it gets here I'll swap them out and report the result here.

Has anyone come across this before, and did swapping R23 & R24 correct it?

55 (resized).jpg55 (resized).jpg

Thanks!

-Paul

#1971 3 years ago

Interesting stuff. And Rudy now looks like Rudy Dasterdly.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

So we've had our Funhouse for a few days, and we've determined that Rudy's voice isn't as loud as it should be. After some research it turns out that we have a sound board out of an Addams Family in our machine.
[quoted image]
Apparently Addams Family has two resistors (R23 & R24) that use a 56K ohm resistors instead of 150K ohm resistors that are used on Funhouse. These two resistors control different channels of sound before they go through the amps on the sound board. I verified the color codes of the resistors and they're 56K Ohm.
[quoted image]
A quick order to Amazon for $13 will get me a 900 pcs resistor kit that has the 150K that I need. As soon as it gets here I'll swap them out and report the result here.
Has anyone come across this before, and did swapping R23 & R24 correct it?
[quoted image]
Thanks!
-Paul

Yes, this has come up before, on RGP over 10 years ago. I tried posting a link but it wasn't working. When I went to RGP and searched for Funhouse resistors it was the first hit.

Boils down to, you already figured it out!

#1973 3 years ago

Anyone have a source for Rudy-specific parts. I need a crank arm, both eyelid plungers, sector gear, and jaw link. I have found a few of the pieces here and there but all. I would love to find new head/jaw/eye plastics but I'm guessing those don't exist. My Rudy is in fair structural shape but needs some help cosmetically. Has anyone painted Rudy? Does the paint hold up?

#1974 3 years ago

I need a crank arm, both eyelid plungers, sector gear, and jaw link.

all of these parts are available at marco

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I need a crank arm, both eyelid plungers, sector gear, and jaw link.
all of these parts are available at marco

You're right. I could swear that several of these were out of stock the last time I looked. They have all but one - eyes closed plunger. Said they would have it back in stock soon. Thanks!

#1976 3 years ago

Hi, finalizing some parts on a Funhouse restore, question on this bumper post on left side near the steps shooter. Just bought the correct post and related rubber sleeve from Marco.

Is the rubber bumper sleeve supposed to fit loose on the post so it spins? I have a second funhouse where the same rubber sleeve is loose where it can be spun as well.

Thank you!

A355F8E9-2D2A-4B8D-90C4-5B53F410F1CC (resized).jpegA355F8E9-2D2A-4B8D-90C4-5B53F410F1CC (resized).jpeg
#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Hi, finalizing some parts on a Funhouse restore, question on this bumper post on left side near the steps shooter. Just bought the correct post and related rubber sleeve from Marco.
Is the rubber bumper sleeve supposed to fit loose on the post so it spins? I have a second funhouse where the same rubber sleeve is loose where it can be spun as well.
Thank you![quoted image]

I don't think a sleeve goes there, I believe that is intended to be bare metal. I think putting a sleeve there will mess with the STEPS plunger.

#1978 3 years ago

Looking at some other funhouse owner pics attached here, the sleeve is present. It is a narrower rubber sleeve so it doesnt interfere with the steps shooting lane. Just wondering if other folks have a sleeve that is tight or can be slightly spun

Quoted from Shredso:

I don't think a sleeve goes there, I believe that is intended to be bare metal. I think putting a sleeve there will mess with the STEPS plunger.

608f22f7f9e3418f27e461cbefd4a6218e1899f4 (resized).jpg608f22f7f9e3418f27e461cbefd4a6218e1899f4 (resized).jpg
#1979 3 years ago

I am getting rattles/rejects on the steps ramp quite often and I have a new ramp in there as of about a week ago. Looking at things from a low angle I can certainly see that post rubber causing interference. This game is reasonably new to me (maybe 6 months) so I’m not sure what that post is supposed to have. I put a sleeve on it to help players have some potential to nudge a ball from going out, but if it’s messing with the Steps 50% of the time it will have to go.

#1980 3 years ago

No post rubber.

#1981 3 years ago

Hi DesertT1, one thing to also look at which I ran into during my FH playfield swap is the angle position of the steps shooter rod. If the plunger tip is not straight on to the center or close to center on the ball it can spin it into the side rail and not straight up the steps. Also If the rubber sleeve of that post I referenced is too thick it can stick into the shooter lane too causing the ball to hit it.

Quoted from desertT1:

I am getting rattles/rejects on the steps ramp quite often and I have a new ramp in there as of about a week ago. Looking at things from a low angle I can certainly see that post rubber causing interference. This game is reasonably new to me (maybe 6 months) so I’m not sure what that post is supposed to have. I put a sleeve on it to help players have some potential to nudge a ball from going out, but if it’s messing with the Steps 50% of the time it will have to go.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Definitely no rubber there. By design.

I actually put some heat shrink tubing on this post during my restoration. I hated the clunk of the ball on the bare metal post. But you cannot fit a standard rubber there due to the steps ramp.

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Definitely no sleeve there. By design.
I actually put some heat shrink tubing on this post during my restoration. I hated the clunk of the ball on the bare metal post. But you cannot fit a standard rubber there due to the steps ramp.

I use Stern post sleeve there, a little narrower

#1984 3 years ago

Original game, original rubber.

Thin post sleeve goes there.

20200413_163443 (resized).jpg20200413_163443 (resized).jpg
#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Original game, original rubber.
Thin post sleeve goes there.
[quoted image]

The post is offset to allow for a thin sleeve there.

#1987 3 years ago

Nope. Check out the original flyer. No rubber. I think it is a Pat Lawlor thing. He has a couple other games with a post near outlane with no rubber. I believe Dialed In?

Edit: Beat me to it.

flyer (resized).jpgflyer (resized).jpg

#1988 3 years ago

The post i went with was #02-4057 and Marco Related sleeve #38-6556 which is slimmer and doesnt impede the lane but spins around the post. I could glue the sleeve to the post if it bothered me. Looks like just as i posted folks confirmed no sleeve on the post from the flyer nice work!

#1989 3 years ago

Meh...it works. Cliffy sleeve + few seconds on the grinder. Doesn't spin around, doesn't interfere with plunger.

15895878950227637326092841968018 (resized).jpg15895878950227637326092841968018 (resized).jpg
#1990 3 years ago

Flyer is a pre-production proto.

Rubber was probably taken off during an adjustment phase.

Probably missing the intended rubber when photo was taken.

#1991 3 years ago

I found an old post from RGP. I'm surprised someone here hasn't opened a new one back in the day to put this argument to bed. Maybe we need a separate post, about the post.
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/OW1OocVb-10

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Flyer is a pre-production proto.
Rubber was probably taken off during an adjustment phase.
Probably missing the intended rubber when photo was taken.

Probably (as in 100% probability) not.

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Probably (as in 100% probability) not.

The proto in the flyer is also missing the small flatrail, and instead, what looks like #6 lane guide posts and a small lane plastic?

Makes for a good clean photo though, and some interesting game play options.

Beautiful game.

As always they made the usual changes from proto to production after sample-game and durability testing.

I do like the idea of a yellow thin post sleeve there, might look cool.

Or as many have seen just remove the rubber, but then you cant nudge into the shooter lane without the rubber, avoiding the outlane.

#1994 3 years ago

Nice find on the google group discussion! Thanks everyone for the info

#1995 3 years ago

From Cliffy’s page for his colored post sleeves
75E5E9C4-8D14-4B6B-A71B-659280DDFE1A (resized).png75E5E9C4-8D14-4B6B-A71B-659280DDFE1A (resized).png

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

From Cliffy’s page for his colored posts too;[quoted image]

I do like the blue !

But the rubber does indeed stick out too much into the shooter lane.

I wonder if its a repro or just a different vendor, it looks like the small flatrail is drilled slightly off.
It should be aligned with the lane guide.

My game has the post way more offset.

You can see in my post #1984 that the post is way within the lane, even with the rubber on it.

Maybe relocate/bend the small flatrail to guide the ball around the rubber on that one.
Definitely a candidate for removing the post sleeve in a pinch.

#1997 3 years ago

I don't have these on my Funhouse, but I'm pretty sure these are slimmer than Cliff's.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 2.52.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-16 at 2.52.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-16 at 2.53.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-16 at 2.53.19 PM (resized).png
#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Meh...it works. Cliffy sleeve + few seconds on the grinder. Doesn't spin around, doesn't interfere with plunger.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Bravebluerx:

From Cliffy’s page for his colored post sleeves
[quoted image]

Ok

Finally figured out this mystery.

The small flatrail is installed backwards in both of these cases.

My game has never been disassembled or even had the rubber replaced.

My picture on post #1984 clearly shows the small flat rail aligned with the lane guide on the shooter lane side.
Its also installed the reverse of the 2 games posted.

This backwards installation certainly makes a cutout in the ball path allowing the ball to hit the rubber on the post.

So, flip around the small flatrail and problem solved.

#1999 3 years ago

Question about the round jaw gear. Mine was looking pretty beat up so I ordered a replacement from The Pinball Wizard. It’s black as opposed the the stock white. It looks like it is a little too big. The gears jam up and don’t move freely.

Is this typical? Is the Marco version better about this?

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Question about the round jaw gear. Mine was looking pretty beat up so I ordered a replacement from The Pinball Wizard. It’s black as opposed the the stock white. It looks like it is a little too big. The gears jam up and don’t move freely.
Is this typical? Is the Marco version better about this?

How does the replacement gear look compared to the old one?

It should be exact in all areas.

Otherwise if its the wrong one or you will have to adjust the motor location by reworking the mount.

Sounds like its the wrong gear.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.