20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 102.
#1751 4 years ago

Somewhere in this thread I saw somebody outfit the mirror with colored incandescent bulbs. I think LED’ding any pinball is a good idea but I love the concept of using incandescent bulbs wherever they’re visible to the naked eye above the playfield. The Funhouse mirror wants #555’s. pinballlife.com doesn’t have a full combination of colored incandescent #44’s and #555’s in stock right now, but FYI bulbtown.com does. I’ve made an order and will circle back to confirm they’re as good as I hope they are.

#1752 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday!

It seems like it’s going to clean up really well. I noticed that these pop number caps have the funhouse logo on them. Is that how they came from the factory?

6740A03D-71E6-4BC3-9075-CF4AF5701263 (resized).jpeg6740A03D-71E6-4BC3-9075-CF4AF5701263 (resized).jpegF9AA3A08-2577-4D6A-9A54-577328163C46 (resized).jpegF9AA3A08-2577-4D6A-9A54-577328163C46 (resized).jpeg
#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

It seems like it’s going to clean up really well. I noticed that these pop number caps have the funhouse logo on them. Is that how they came from the factory?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, they are decals on the pop bumpers.

#1754 4 years ago

GI OCD installed! Took an hour going slowly and methodically and the instructions were great. Haven’t made any changes to the settings yet. Does anyone have a config you like? I’ll share mine once I do some tweaking. It’s almost perfect with no adjustments. I just want the backbox to go dark at midnight except for the main logo, and I may play with the individual brightness levels.

6CF7909F-D723-44D6-A17E-722C551444D6 (resized).jpeg6CF7909F-D723-44D6-A17E-722C551444D6 (resized).jpeg786DF738-6D7C-4524-AE92-322F401E69C8 (resized).jpeg786DF738-6D7C-4524-AE92-322F401E69C8 (resized).jpeg8E3F2F1F-F997-4FA8-A8CD-F59BBEBE2165 (resized).jpeg8E3F2F1F-F997-4FA8-A8CD-F59BBEBE2165 (resized).jpeg9F8E9FE8-223D-4329-8DEF-4C9501933D59 (resized).jpeg9F8E9FE8-223D-4329-8DEF-4C9501933D59 (resized).jpegF1F316E5-0856-4BBD-A1C8-D6BD36C7A287 (resized).jpegF1F316E5-0856-4BBD-A1C8-D6BD36C7A287 (resized).jpeg
#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

It seems like it’s going to clean up really well. I noticed that these pop number caps have the funhouse logo on them. Is that how they came from the factory?[quoted image][quoted image]

Speaking of Fun house pop decals, does anyone know where I can find just the stickers for them?

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Speaking of Fun house pop decals, does anyone know where I can find just the stickers for them?

I think Pinball Decals has them. Also Ministry of Pinball.

#1757 4 years ago

I bought mine from Bay Area Amusements.

#1758 4 years ago

I bought bumper cap decals from Pinball Heaven. Can't recommend the seller. Lettering dropped before I stick them on. No refund and Paypal did not help at all.

IMG_20191112_200832 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_200832 (resized).jpg
#1759 4 years ago

Doesn’t sound like the pinball heaven customer service I know. They are usually impeccable. Is the UK based company?

#1760 4 years ago

They did not answer my questions until I contacted via Paypal. They said it was my fault and that's all they said.

IMG_20191112_195738 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_195738 (resized).jpg
#1761 4 years ago

I’m cleaning out some storage and I have some funhouse playfield parts if anyone is interested .

Wire forms
Ball guides
Working transformer
Some plastics
Ramps
Coil mechs
Metal scoops

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

I’m cleaning out some storage and I have some funhouse playfield parts if anyone is interested .
Wire forms
Ball guides
Working transformer
Some plastics
Ramps
Coil mechs
Metal scoops

PM sent

#1763 4 years ago

I have some more but this is what I know for sure fits . Might be some pinbot ball guides mixed in . I tested the transformer back when I had the game and it does work . I know some of the light boards belong to pinbot .

03F80E51-7FD8-4222-8D4F-91C3BAD59D10 (resized).jpeg03F80E51-7FD8-4222-8D4F-91C3BAD59D10 (resized).jpeg
#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Does anyone know where I can find the pop bumper funhouse decals? I have new covers, just need the decals to go on top.

If anyone needs these, PM me. I have a few sets. $7.50 (includes postage in USA) for a set of 3.

#1765 4 years ago

Just finished making a few more sets of these if anyones interested ..hybrid Mirrorblades with decals

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/funhouse-pinball-mirror-bladez-bally-williams

All handmade and take lots of patience to make.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.59 PM (resized).png
#1766 4 years ago

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I just discovered it:

NOT virtual pinball, mind you (although the cabinet he made is pretty neat) but rather the deeper - and much darker - story he offers about what might really be going on with Rudy and the funhouse. If you thought the game was creepy before, wait until you hear this. Then try to unhear it, especially when you're playing the game.

I totally, thoroughly, and completely do not believe that this is what Mr. Lawlor and the team had in mind when they designed Funhouse. But minimally it will give you an interesting tale to tell to taunt and tantalize tribes of the easily terror-stricken. And maximally? I could be wrong.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Just finished making a few more sets of these if anyones interested ..hybrid Mirrorblades with decals
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/funhouse-pinball-mirror-bladez-bally-williams
All handmade and take lots of patience to make.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I ever get a funhouse back, I'm gonna splurge for these for sure.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Somewhere in this thread I saw somebody outfit the mirror with colored incandescent bulbs. I think LED’ding any pinball is a good idea but I love the concept of using incandescent bulbs wherever they’re visible to the naked eye above the playfield. The Funhouse mirror wants #555’s. pinballlife.com doesn’t have a full combination of colored incandescent #44’s and #555’s in stock right now, but FYI bulbtown.com does. I’ve made an order and will circle back to confirm they’re as good as I hope they are.

Just put mine in a few minutes ago. I really like them - reminds of the grip/love testers in old arcades.
Love Tester (resized).pngLove Tester (resized).png

FH Mirror Incandescents Smaller (resized).jpgFH Mirror Incandescents Smaller (resized).jpg
#1769 4 years ago

Funny, that video above caused me to have some weird Rudy dream last night. Don't remember much, but he was alive and out of the machine. Think he was up to no good too.

#1770 4 years ago

I just saw this at a store. Haven't seen the movie but he looks awfully familiar.

th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg
#1771 4 years ago

Hey all,
I'm starting to collect some new parts in preps for my FunHouse restoration. I'll probably just go ahead and replace the numeric display though the one that's currently in it is working just fine. I haven't seen anything but the orange numeric displays in person but wanting opinions on whether it looks best with the classic orange or if a white display (presumably with a blue color filter) from xpin or another brand is a better look. I know its subjective but I'm interested in opinions of those who have seen other colors on FH in person.

#1772 4 years ago

Orange looks best on the alphanumeric imo!

#1773 4 years ago

Not sure I've ever seen anything but the orange on FH. IMO if it is working fine, I'd just keep it.

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Hey all,
I'm starting to collect some new parts in preps for my FunHouse restoration. I'll probably just go ahead and replace the numeric display though the one that's currently in it is working just fine. I haven't seen anything but the orange numeric displays in person but wanting opinions on whether it looks best with the classic orange or if a white display (presumably with a blue color filter) from xpin or another brand is a better look. I know its subjective but I'm interested in opinions of those who have seen other colors on FH in person.

I've seen blue and I kinda like it.

1 week later
#1775 4 years ago

I need the wood back panel on the playfield for my funhouse project. So i figure I have three options:

1: See if anyone has a spare for sale.

2: Offer someone who has one to send theirs in to be reproduced from reese rails, i'll pay for their new one and get one made for myself.

3: Eyeball it and make one myself.

#1776 4 years ago

Does anyone need *one* Cliffy ramp protector? PM me, $5 shipped.

[EDIT: GONE]

A1F9DC1B-D9CB-4ADA-8B86-2A50E1FAE6A8 (resized).jpegA1F9DC1B-D9CB-4ADA-8B86-2A50E1FAE6A8 (resized).jpeg

#1777 4 years ago

stripped down my funhouse cabinet for restore.........any idea what the metal "L" bracket screwed to the insde back of the lower cabinet is for?

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

stripped down my funhouse cabinet for restore.........any idea what the metal "L" bracket screwed to the insde back of the lower cabinet is for?

Pic ?

#1779 4 years ago

mine is already removed ..........but here's a picture

f26c684a7f71ffb6aeddf092a7b48368e2dbe25d (resized).jpgf26c684a7f71ffb6aeddf092a7b48368e2dbe25d (resized).jpg
#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

That holds the 2 wire bundles off to the right side of the cabinet so they do not cover the left side decal.

#1781 4 years ago

what left side decal are you talking about?

#1782 4 years ago

This is turning into a who's on first ?

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

what left side decal are you talking about?

The one on the inside of the cabinet. Your decal is missing.

20200112_153611 (resized).jpg20200112_153611 (resized).jpg
#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The one on the inside of the cabinet. Your decal is missing.[quoted image]

Ok so you do know that's not factory?

#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Ok so you do know that's not factory?

This is how I got it. I did not know that.

#1786 4 years ago

when the playfield is in place does that decal show?

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I wondered the same thing. I looked at my game and couldn't picture even seeing that. Good news is, I think that is very likely to keep the harness in place, so I'm going with mystery solved.

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I can see one flag. Not really worth putting it in.

#1789 4 years ago

Has anyone else had any trouble with the replacement mouth gear that Marco is selling? (The round one, not the "sector" gear.) I was surprised when it came and it was a black plastic, but I figured, whatever. But when I installed it, it was too tight for the motor to move it. I had to fart around for the better part of an hour, making the gear teeth shorter and the notches between the teeth deeper with sandpaper and a coping saw, before it moved smoothly and easily.

I do have an early model, with original DiamondPlate, so maybe the gear mechanism was tweaked later?

Interested whether this black gear just pops on and works great for others with no fiddling.

#1790 4 years ago

I had the same issue, but on Red from Roadshow. The gear fit just a little too tight. My solution was the same as yours. I sanded the teeth height and depth until the gear operated smoothly. Took a little patience, but all good. Been using the new gear for about 3-4 years, no issues.

#1791 4 years ago

Thanks, at least now I know I'm not the only one nutty enough to start hacking on it rather than return it. I wonder if it works better if you replace the sector gear too, i.e. maybe that one's replacement is a little looser.

It's all good, hopefully mine will be trouble free for years now, too.

#1792 4 years ago

Does someone have the plastic for the sign behind Rudy's head available?

#1793 4 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help or point me to a link as I'm sure this has been discussed before.

I restored my Funhouse a few years ago with an early Mirco repro and have an that I've never been able to resolve. Both ball shooters more times than not will shank when attempting to shoot the ball. I believe the issue lies with slightly misaligned playfield holes for the ball guides/ramps etc in the ball shooting zone. I've adjusted the ball shooter with no perceivable improvement.

Have others has these issues and resolved them?

Thanks.

#1794 4 years ago

I think I had to bend the metal bracket that the ball rests in. I may have moved the bracket and drilled new holes. It was a while ago.

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I'm hoping someone can help or point me to a link as I'm sure this has been discussed before.
I restored my Funhouse a few years ago with an early Mirco repro and have an that I've never been able to resolve. Both ball shooters more times than not will shank when attempting to shoot the ball. I believe the issue lies with slightly misaligned playfield holes for the ball guides/ramps etc in the ball shooting zone. I've adjusted the ball shooter with no perceivable improvement.
Have others has these issues and resolved them?
Thanks.

I put repro blue and red plungers in my game after restoration and had the same issue. I think the repros are a little short, at least these ones were. I put the original back in, and the problem went away.

#1796 4 years ago

Standard plungers still for me. From memory the playfield length was actually longer than factory which doesn’t help when lowering and raising, but this didn’t effect the ball shooter.

#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Standard plungers still for me. From memory the playfield length was actually longer than factory which doesn’t help when lowering and raising, but this didn’t effect the ball shooter.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/3#post-2552799

1 week later
#1798 4 years ago

I put a mirco in when I did my restore. The PF length was correct on mine, I did have some issues with some of the holes being a little off but nothing major.

However, you guys bringing up plunging up to the steps ramps was not working well reminded me that I was having the same issue.

On my PF, it looks like the holes for the lane guide we're a little off, making it a bit narrow on the other side. So I could see the ball was often bashing in to the guide. I tried adjusting the plunger left and right a smidge and it helped a little, but it would still brick 50% of the time.

I decided to pull the lane guide and file it down a bit. Here is the before and after.

It is working perfect now, super stoked. Not saying this would fix anyone else' issue, but it worked for me.

rudy_steps_launch (resized).jpgrudy_steps_launch (resized).jpg
#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I put a mirco in when I did my restore. The PF length was correct on mine, I did have some issues with some of the holes being a little off but nothing major.
However, you guys bringing up plunging up to the steps ramps was not working well reminded me that I was having the same issue.
On my PF, it looks like the holes for the lane guide we're a little off, making it a bit narrow on the other side. So I could see the ball was often bashing in to the guide. I tried adjusting the plunger left and right a smidge and it helped a little, but it would still brick 50% of the time.
I decided to pull the lane guide and file it down a bit. Here is the before and after.
It is working perfect now, super stoked. Not saying this would fix anyone else' issue, but it worked for me.[quoted image]

That's a really neat fix, and to be honest exactly what I wanted to see. Re drilling holes only millimetres away is fraught with danger. I think I'll follow suit and whip out the file. Thanks for sharing Nerd

#1800 4 years ago

I'd love to do a playfield swap sometime, but I'm too chicken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 5,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/36?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.